civility

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: civility

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:21 am

Mod2 wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
boondocks wrote:
LOL...Naw, I'll stick around, CB, despite your kind invite ;) "Safe" is overrated. Gotta have a little danger, right?
It's the guy in my original post who needs a safe space. He can't debate something on the merits (with a high school student, nonetheless) without resorting to saying he's going to ram his __ with a hot poker. Many would be up in arms if a gun-control-advocating adult had made the same statement about a high-school kid who was advocating 2nd amendment rights. I just don't like hypocrisy, I guess. I respect the posters here who disagree with the high school student's message but have nonetheless said the guy attacking him went too far.

You hit that nail on the head lady.

This to me, is the essence of all these national debates. It's the hypocrisy!

Both sides are so 'ate up' with hypocrisy. Your example is 110 % on. If an adult male advocate for repealing the 2nd Amendment stated that he would ram a hot poker up the bunghole of a high school pro gun advocate, the guys here would be whinning that he should be shot behind the ear.

Of course, it is a testament to HYPOCRISY. It's the root to what divides the nation. Then you got guys like True Grit that cannot think his way out of a paper bag so all he can do is call anyone who has the slightest difference with him a "terrorist".

Your out of line!!

I apologize to you and everyone on the board. Especially, True Grit Farm.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:19 am

I stated in my first post the way I feel about what was said. Everyone knows what this guy said, and what this guy's message was.
Secondly, I admire those of you that think you that can discuss and negotiate with those who want to take our freedoms away. I hope y'all have lots of luck in your negotiations and discussions with terrorists and leftist. It seems to me the right listens better because they always do all compromising and show all the compassion.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

bse
GURU
GURU

Postby bse » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:46 am

I think the whole thing started with Laura Ingram, may have to go back to her run in with this Hogg guy. I think the other guy was just preparing for a show, to take it further as to what happened to her. Hogg went after her advertisers and got them on board with poor pitiful him, alot of people are behind him pushing his buttons.. It all just keeps adding to his popularity. the poker thing not a good idea!!! Things have changed dramatically in the last 30 yrs, thats what scares me . to many feelings. When i went to work they tried hard all day to hurt your feelings , and loved it if they did.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:54 am

bse wrote:I think the whole thing started with Laura Ingram, may have to go back to her run in with this Hogg guy. I think the other guy was just preparing for a show, to take it further as to what happened to her. Hogg went after her advertisers and got them on board with poor pitiful him, alot of people are behind him pushing his buttons.. It all just keeps adding to his popularity. the poker thing not a good idea!!! Things have changed dramatically in the last 30 yrs, thats what scares me . to many feelings. When i went to work they tried hard all day to hurt your feelings , and loved it if they did.

Barry, I never heard of Hogg until this thread. To learn a little more about this situation, I did some on-line reading. I read the same thing you did. It started with an interview between Hogg and Ingram.
0 x

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:20 am

Ingraham screwed up by apologizing. Nobody should be apologizing. It's insincere, it's phony, it's a cop out.
1 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:33 am

Well I hope this is the only house that your parents have ever sold. I'm almost sure you can only sell one house in your lifetime and not pay a capital gains tax.
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:04 am

True Grit Farms wrote:I stated in my first post the way I feel about what was said. Everyone knows what this guy said, and what this guy's message was.
Secondly, I admire those of you that think you that can discuss and negotiate with those who want to take our freedoms away. I hope y'all have lots of luck in your negotiations and discussions with terrorists and leftist. It seems to me the right listens better because they always do all compromising and show all the compassion.

This is incorrect. The extreme right is no better than the extreme left. Extreme conservatives are responsible for several murders of doctors that perform abortion. By definition, that is terrorism (the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims). Kim Davis refused to grant marriage licenses after a law was passed. That's not respect for the rights (14th Amendment) of those people wanting to get married. To sit and point fingers at people, calling them idiots, terrorists, psychos, etc, b/c you don't like their ideology will solve nothing, will not make the world a better place, and doesn't prove that your opinion is superior to anyone else's.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:06 am

ga.prime wrote:Ingraham screwed up by apologizing. Nobody should be apologizing. It's insincere, it's phony, it's a cop out.

I've always felt the same way. Are you sorry you had an affair or are you sorry you got caught? I'd rather have them not apologize b/c fake sincerity is worse than just being a dirtbag.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh

Hunter
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Hunter » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:28 am

I have not followed everything about the Hogg kid but I am prettty sure I have seen him use some pretty vile language towards people.
At what point does he stop getting treated as a kid and more as an adult? Maybe he already is.
Yes, the tv guy took it to far and Ingrahm did as well but Hogg as also said things that made it personal if I remember correctly.
1 x

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:23 am

From the looks of Hogg, he's probably had to put up with a lot of bullying in his life.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:43 am

ga.prime wrote:From the looks of Hogg, he's probably had to put up with a lot of bullying in his life.

There is a lot about Hogg that doesn’t smell right.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:58 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:I stated in my first post the way I feel about what was said. Everyone knows what this guy said, and what this guy's message was.

This is incorrect. The extreme right is no better than the extreme left. Extreme conservatives are responsible for several murders of doctors that perform abortion. By definition, that is terrorism (the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims). Kim Davis refused to grant marriage licenses after a law was passed. That's not respect for the rights (14th Amendment) of those people wanting to get married. To sit and point fingers at people, calling them idiots, terrorists, psychos, etc, b/c you don't like their ideology will solve nothing, will not make the world a better place, and doesn't prove that your opinion is superior to anyone else's.

It dang sure is right, and that's my opinion. I have never told anyone how or what to think, I'm blessed that I can think for myself. I wouldn't issue a marriage license to queers, my belief is greater than any rule. There's definitely psychos, terrorists and idiots on both sides, never claimed there wasn't. I've been wearing a NRA cap and a cap that backs the present POTUS, I feel they both could use the help right now. It's hard to believe how far some idiots will go, till you tell them exactly what to do. My wife thinks I should wear my body armor, that's how extreme some of the idiots get over a cap.
0 x

Lucky
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Lucky » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Gotta watch what you say when you work for anyone other than yourself.
0 x

CCCowman
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby CCCowman » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:22 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:

It dang sure is right, and that's my opinion. I have never told anyone how or what to think, I'm blessed that I can think for myself. I wouldn't issue a marriage license to queers, my belief is greater than any rule. There's definitely psychos, terrorists and idiots on both sides, never claimed there wasn't. I've been wearing a NRA cap and a cap that backs the present POTUS, I feel they both could use the help right now. It's hard to believe how far some idiots will go, till you tell them exactly what to do. My wife thinks I should wear my body armor, that's how extreme some of the idiots get over a cap.

I can't get the little smiling/clapping emoji guy to show up. If I could I'd put a hundred on this post!!!
0 x
Some people are just dumber in the head than a hog is in the butt.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:39 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:

That is worth putting in bold.

If you got body armor and it is that dangerous where you come and go, you should wear it. But it ain't going to protect your cap or that hard egg under it.
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”