Hate is wrong....

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Hate is wrong....

Postby jehosofat » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:54 am

A traffic jam here is more than one truck in front of you at the 4 way stop in town.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:54 am

Just got to the Doctor office without committing any felonies.
There is still opportunity on the trip home.
2 x

Ryder
GURU
GURU

Postby Ryder » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:14 pm

Road Hogs ----
Get over in the right lane!!
0 x
Ryder

Deo Vindice

herofan
GURU
GURU

Postby herofan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:27 pm

callmefence wrote:I may get stuck in traffic 3-4 times a year.

It's pretty simple really. If you don't like traffic, don't go through high traffic areas.

That’s my philosophy, but then again, my job is only 5 miles from my house. I see about 3 cars on the way in each morning.
1 x

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:31 pm

This is the traffic jams we have to put up with. It's not that often and I don't mind.

0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:31 pm

Driving into heavy traffic, the majority seems to be women that will run you over and ride your bumper...all my vehicles are 4wd and low geared.. Not very traffic friendly...
0 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:20 pm

Here in Idaho there is no yielding to come on the interstate. There is an entrance ramp that is in a busy section that is uphill and blind, but that doesn't matter b/c they wouldn't yield anyway. So, at 8 AM the interstate is going along well and then slows to 15 MPH for about 2 miles b/c of this exit. Allegedly, it's going to be fixed "soon" but we'll see. Every time I have to go to Boise in the morning, though, I dread it b/c of this section. Not only is it a waste of time, but then you have the idiots on their phones that barely stop in time b/c they weren't paying attention.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:47 pm

I've lived & worked in a lot of big cities where an hour commute to work or the mall is normal - even though as the crow flies they're all of 15 miles away. And every time you get behind the wheel you pray you make it safely to your destination. I totally understand the hate! Now that I'm in a Podunk town the majority of traffic offenders are farm machinery. Doesn't phase me a bit to slow down to 35 in a 65.
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:22 pm

I lived mid way between Seattle and Portland for almost 38 years. Spent way too much time sitting in traffic. The county I live in now has only one traffic light and it is about 50 miles from where we live. The ranch I am buying, the next neighbor up the road is around 15 miles away. All the times I have been there I have seen a grand total of 4 vehicles drive by. Two of those were cattle pots, one was a semi loaded with hay, and the other was a pickup with a quad in the back. I am not putting up with traffic anymore.
0 x

snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby snoopdog » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:47 pm

It's definitely aggravating , just no courtesy or road manners by most , I could really get on the soapbox . Just have to breathe and enjoy the ride, it could be worse , it could be sleeting.
0 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:49 pm

I have drive over 1100 miles since 3pm yesterday, pretty sure I'm the only idiot on the road. NOT
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

melking
GURU
GURU

Postby melking » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:37 am

skyhightree1 wrote:Nope not a racist thread... The more I DRIVE the more I hate people... Yes, I know that's wrong of me but these people that dart in and out of traffic because they didn't leave earlier really grind my gears. People will cause major pile ups on the interstate by just risking to get 1 car ahead. Its crazy.. Am I the only one that feels this way ? I really despise driving on the interstate these days. It seems as though I spend at least 5-8 hours a week sitting in traffic.

I was raised to not hate either but now days I find it virtually impossible not to hate. Of course, we can't say to much about what we hate here or we will get our hand slapped. I see and hear different things every day that make me want to scream with hate.
1 x
One thing you will never hear a southern boy say....Duct tape won't fix that, except, even duct tape can't fix stupid. It can, however, muffle it.

Hunter
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Hunter » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:10 am

Just remember those other drivers are more important that you....at least in their minds.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:21 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
M-5 wrote:Well well well, welcome to getting older and wiser. it was only a few short years ago that you were popping wheelies with your wife on a motorcycle and darting in an out of traffic. I see it every day , and it be nice me off.

I have gotten about 200 more grays making me wiser and definitely older.

I know how you feel buddy. Had to make a couple of trips to Houston recently. I couldn't believe it but caught myself looking for toll roads so I could get away from the traffic. Even got me a toll tag now in case I have to go anywhere else. Toll roads seem to have about 10% of the traffic of all those other race tracks.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:28 pm

Probably 20 years ago I started saying it was against my religion to go through King County (Seattle). About 10 years ago I shifted that south to include Pierce County (Tacoma). Now I have decided it is the entire I-5 corridor. I can't wait to get to the middle of nowhere in Eastern Oregon. There is a sign along the road through my place warning you to look out for bighorn sheep. If bighorn sheep on the road is a problem there just isn't much traffic.
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”