TexasBred

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

TexasBred

Postby Bright Raven » Sun May 06, 2018 7:25 am

When is Richard due back from exile?
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Re: TexasBred

Postby ohiosteve » Sun May 06, 2018 7:54 am

Bright Raven wrote:When is Richard due back from exile?

What did he do?
0 x
The truest of warriors is often overlooked.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun May 06, 2018 8:12 am

ohiosteve wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:When is Richard due back from exile?

What did he do?

I think it was more of a pattern of behavior than one event. Speculation on my part but he had a couple open run ins with Mod2. Mod2 banned him for 7 days.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sun May 06, 2018 8:21 am

he got in a few harmless arguments with one of our worst tattletales.
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Mod2
-

Postby Mod2 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:41 am

Being a general pain in the butt is not against the rules. Politics, religion, name calling, personal attacks, threatening is.

Unless I'm alerted to it I don't usually see the things that are found disagreeable. My standard fix is not to go through and sort out the bad posts or those that link to it. I delete the entire thread unless I catch it as soon as it get's posted. If I do catch it when it first goes bad I delete the offending posts and lock the thread. If it's not serious enough otherwise you will just get a PM from me. Clicking the exclamation point at the right top of the post. That is what flags it for me to look into it.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun May 06, 2018 12:00 pm

I sure miss his wisdom and wit, can we talk bad about him since he's not here?
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Sun May 06, 2018 12:19 pm

Once again, I missed all the hullabaloo. I can't imagine that he said anything all that terrible. I've been on these boards for 14 years. The things that were posted & said, back then, would be considered too rough by "today's standards" :( and they really weren't all that bad then. But then again, I am older than many of the folks that post on here now, I'm from a different generation and a different way. Whatever..............

Have a nice day.
1 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sun May 06, 2018 12:24 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:I sure miss his wisdom and wit, can we talk bad about him since he's not here?

Idk... probably get you 3-7 days
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Sun May 06, 2018 12:32 pm

Back when I started here it seemed there was a delegation just waiting on something to happen they didn't agree with so they could totally ream a person out. That ran lots and lots of new people off. Almost ran me off one time but I decided to just dish it back. Things were better after that. Things that go on these days are pretty calm compared. I believe what got TB was calling CB stupid. Them two have always gone at it in some form, so I didn't think much of it at the time.
0 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun May 06, 2018 12:46 pm

slick4591 wrote:Back when I started here it seemed there was a delegation just waiting on something to happen they didn't agree with so they could totally ream a person out. That ran lots and lots of new people off. Almost ran me off one time but I decided to just dish it back. Things were better after that. Things that go on these days are pretty calm compared. I believe what got TB was calling CB stupid. Them two have always gone at it in some form, so I didn't think much of it at the time.

I've been trying to figure out which one has the most of it for years. Those two at our never annual CT picnic could definitely provide the entertainment.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Sun May 06, 2018 1:43 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
slick4591 wrote:Back when I started here it seemed there was a delegation just waiting on something to happen they didn't agree with so they could totally ream a person out. That ran lots and lots of new people off. Almost ran me off one time but I decided to just dish it back. Things were better after that. Things that go on these days are pretty calm compared. I believe what got TB was calling CB stupid. Them two have always gone at it in some form, so I didn't think much of it at the time.

I've been trying to figure out which one has the most of it for years. Those two at our never annual CT picnic could definitely provide the entertainment.

Wheelchair demo derby anyone???
1 x
"Benign Neglect" -Dun

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sun May 06, 2018 9:50 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:

To be honest, I think about 1/2 (probably more) of what is said between those two is more, or less, joking. It's just in their nature to communicate with each other in that fashion. Irresistible force vs immovable object kind of thing.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Sun May 06, 2018 10:13 pm

That reminds me, where jas CG8 been lately?
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Sun May 06, 2018 10:20 pm

There seems to be a war on the elderly. Call Fox News!
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sun May 06, 2018 11:52 pm

If there's a war on the elderly, this board would considered a 'target rich environment'.........
:lol:
3 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Return to “Coffee Shop”