TexasBred

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
jehosofat
Rancher
Rancher

Re: TexasBred

Post by jehosofat » Thu May 10, 2018 10:41 pm

Good Lawd . . . . . . .somebody get's their wrist slapped and it's like a circular meeting at a pink lemonade stand in Key West. . . . . . .lol

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Post by Brute 23 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:20 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
bball wrote:Glad you rejoined the fold TB. Too echo what Greybeard posted, you are a tremendous asset to CT, for several reasons; not the least of which is nutrition. The exchanges you and CB share remind me of 2 ornery uncles verbally sparring it out. I would hate for CT to lose either one of you. Way too much cattle knowledge(which is becoming in shorter supply everyday)between the 2 of you to cut loose over a few barbs...just my 2 cents, and I am very clear about the boards policies on acceptable behavior...sometimes you have to evaluate if the juice is worth the squeeze.

TB doesn’t bother me or hurt my one feeling. I enjoy the history debates even through he is wrong.

X2
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by True Grit Farms » Fri May 11, 2018 7:05 am

jehosofat wrote:Good Lawd . . . . . . .somebody get's their wrist slapped and it's like a circular meeting at a pink lemonade stand in Key West. . . . . . .lol

Key West is worse than Nashville. TB is just another CT outlaw now.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TexasBred » Fri May 11, 2018 7:56 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
bball wrote:Glad you rejoined the fold TB. Too echo what Greybeard posted, you are a tremendous asset to CT, for several reasons; not the least of which is nutrition. The exchanges you and CB share remind me of 2 ornery uncles verbally sparring it out. I would hate for CT to lose either one of you. Way too much cattle knowledge(which is becoming in shorter supply everyday)between the 2 of you to cut loose over a few barbs...just my 2 cents, and I am very clear about the boards policies on acceptable behavior...sometimes you have to evaluate if the juice is worth the squeeze.

TB doesn’t bother me or hurt my one feeling. I enjoy the history debates even through he is wrong.

To quote Ronald Reagan (or was it Elmer Fudd) "There you go again". ;-)
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Post by Bright Raven » Fri May 11, 2018 8:46 am

TexasBred wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

To quote Ronald Reagan (or was it Elmer Fudd) "There you go again". ;-)

I think RR got that line from Elmer Fudd.
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Post by Bestoutwest » Fri May 11, 2018 12:36 pm

We all know he spent the time intermittently napping and yelling at the TV.
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TexasBred » Fri May 11, 2018 1:12 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:We all know he spent the time intermittently napping and yelling at the TV.

Not the entire time but I did get my share of the nap time. Spent a lot of time reading (which I do anyway). Went riding one day and set out to see how far I could go without getting on a paved road except to go across them. Took most of the day, ended up about 80 miles from home. Had to do a lot of back tracking to stay off pavement. Had a great time.

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Post by Bestoutwest » Fri May 11, 2018 2:43 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:We all know he spent the time intermittently napping and yelling at the TV.

Not the entire time but I did get my share of the nap time. Spent a lot of time reading (which I do anyway). Went riding one day and set out to see how far I could go without getting on a paved road except to go across them. Took most of the day, ended up about 80 miles from home. Had to do a lot of back tracking to stay off pavement. Had a great time.

That's an interesting challenge. I wonder how well I'd do around here, probably not too far. How about how far can you go without a stoplight? Or a stop sign? Or maybe painted lines on the road?
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TexasBred » Fri May 11, 2018 3:10 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

That's an interesting challenge. I wonder how well I'd do around here, probably not too far. How about how far can you go without a stoplight? Or a stop sign? Or maybe painted lines on the road?

I think we have 2 or 3 stop lights in the county if you don't count the ones around the square in Hamilton. Nothing but little small communities.

Dave
GURU
GURU

Post by Dave » Fri May 11, 2018 4:47 pm

I have been told that if you know the routes and had enough gas that you could drive a quad from my new place clear into Nevada and only cross three paved roads (Hwy 95, 20 & 26). Probably make it with a pickup but it better be a 4 wheel drive that you don't think too highly of the paint job.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Post by ALACOWMAN » Fri May 11, 2018 5:23 pm

Dave wrote:I have been told that if you know the routes and had enough gas that you could drive a quad from my new place clear into Nevada and only cross three paved roads (Hwy 95, 20 & 26). Probably make it with a pickup but it better be a 4 wheel drive that you don't think too highly of the paint job.
wish mine had a paint job I could think highly of..
someone said I should follow my dreams,,so I went back to bed...

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Post by cowgirl8 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:57 pm

And I wasn't even involved......and I've never been banned.....
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

jehosofat
Rancher
Rancher

Post by jehosofat » Sat May 12, 2018 9:00 am

cowgirl8 wrote:And I wasn't even involved......and I've never been banned.....

you should start a #metoo movement.

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Post by backhoeboogie » Mon May 14, 2018 12:45 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:And I wasn't even involved......and I've never been banned.....

I'm not sure how we functioned prior to you coming along March 12, 2014
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Hook2.0
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Hook2.0 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:47 pm

TexasBred wrote:

im impressed the battery on your hover round lasted that long.

Looks like I missed a good back and forth debate
Proud to be a multiplier