TexasBred

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: TexasBred

Postby jehosofat » Thu May 10, 2018 10:41 pm

Good Lawd . . . . . . .somebody get's their wrist slapped and it's like a circular meeting at a pink lemonade stand in Key West. . . . . . .lol
3 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:20 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
bball wrote:Glad you rejoined the fold TB. Too echo what Greybeard posted, you are a tremendous asset to CT, for several reasons; not the least of which is nutrition. The exchanges you and CB share remind me of 2 ornery uncles verbally sparring it out. I would hate for CT to lose either one of you. Way too much cattle knowledge(which is becoming in shorter supply everyday)between the 2 of you to cut loose over a few barbs...just my 2 cents, and I am very clear about the boards policies on acceptable behavior...sometimes you have to evaluate if the juice is worth the squeeze.

TB doesn’t bother me or hurt my one feeling. I enjoy the history debates even through he is wrong.

X2
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri May 11, 2018 7:05 am

jehosofat wrote:Good Lawd . . . . . . .somebody get's their wrist slapped and it's like a circular meeting at a pink lemonade stand in Key West. . . . . . .lol

Key West is worse than Nashville. TB is just another CT outlaw now.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri May 11, 2018 7:56 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
bball wrote:Glad you rejoined the fold TB. Too echo what Greybeard posted, you are a tremendous asset to CT, for several reasons; not the least of which is nutrition. The exchanges you and CB share remind me of 2 ornery uncles verbally sparring it out. I would hate for CT to lose either one of you. Way too much cattle knowledge(which is becoming in shorter supply everyday)between the 2 of you to cut loose over a few barbs...just my 2 cents, and I am very clear about the boards policies on acceptable behavior...sometimes you have to evaluate if the juice is worth the squeeze.

TB doesn’t bother me or hurt my one feeling. I enjoy the history debates even through he is wrong.

To quote Ronald Reagan (or was it Elmer Fudd) "There you go again". ;-)
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri May 11, 2018 8:46 am

TexasBred wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

To quote Ronald Reagan (or was it Elmer Fudd) "There you go again". ;-)

I think RR got that line from Elmer Fudd.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri May 11, 2018 12:36 pm

We all know he spent the time intermittently napping and yelling at the TV.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri May 11, 2018 1:12 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:We all know he spent the time intermittently napping and yelling at the TV.

Not the entire time but I did get my share of the nap time. Spent a lot of time reading (which I do anyway). Went riding one day and set out to see how far I could go without getting on a paved road except to go across them. Took most of the day, ended up about 80 miles from home. Had to do a lot of back tracking to stay off pavement. Had a great time.
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri May 11, 2018 2:43 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:We all know he spent the time intermittently napping and yelling at the TV.

Not the entire time but I did get my share of the nap time. Spent a lot of time reading (which I do anyway). Went riding one day and set out to see how far I could go without getting on a paved road except to go across them. Took most of the day, ended up about 80 miles from home. Had to do a lot of back tracking to stay off pavement. Had a great time.

That's an interesting challenge. I wonder how well I'd do around here, probably not too far. How about how far can you go without a stoplight? Or a stop sign? Or maybe painted lines on the road?
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri May 11, 2018 3:10 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

That's an interesting challenge. I wonder how well I'd do around here, probably not too far. How about how far can you go without a stoplight? Or a stop sign? Or maybe painted lines on the road?

I think we have 2 or 3 stop lights in the county if you don't count the ones around the square in Hamilton. Nothing but little small communities.
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Fri May 11, 2018 4:47 pm

I have been told that if you know the routes and had enough gas that you could drive a quad from my new place clear into Nevada and only cross three paved roads (Hwy 95, 20 & 26). Probably make it with a pickup but it better be a 4 wheel drive that you don't think too highly of the paint job.
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri May 11, 2018 5:23 pm

Dave wrote:I have been told that if you know the routes and had enough gas that you could drive a quad from my new place clear into Nevada and only cross three paved roads (Hwy 95, 20 & 26). Probably make it with a pickup but it better be a 4 wheel drive that you don't think too highly of the paint job.
wish mine had a paint job I could think highly of..
1 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:57 pm

And I wasn't even involved......and I've never been banned.....
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Sat May 12, 2018 9:00 am

cowgirl8 wrote:And I wasn't even involved......and I've never been banned.....

you should start a #metoo movement.
0 x

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Mon May 14, 2018 12:45 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:And I wasn't even involved......and I've never been banned.....

I'm not sure how we functioned prior to you coming along March 12, 2014
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Hook2.0
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Hook2.0 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:47 pm

TexasBred wrote:

im impressed the battery on your hover round lasted that long.

Looks like I missed a good back and forth debate
1 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”