Cheeseburgers

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
M-5
GURU
GURU

Re: Cheeseburgers

Postby M-5 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:47 pm

pdfangus wrote:
M-5 wrote:
greybeard wrote:Been a long time since I've seen a Hardees. They weren't bad, in fact very good, but still not as good as Whataburger.

they are still everywhere here , The burgers are still good. but the biggest business they do every day is at breakfast . One of my favorite breakfast places .

I had two Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuits for breakfast this morning....
their biscuits are second only to Bojangles....
but there is not a bojangles in my normal sphere of travel....Bojangles would require about a ten mile detour
i pass hardees most every morning and they open at 5 am.
I try to limit myself to eating there once a week for breakfast. right now having a two for $4.oo special

bacon egg and cheese for me too. But i do like the biscuits milk gravy and hashrounds on occasion
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue May 22, 2018 2:55 pm

M-5 wrote:
greybeard wrote:Been a long time since I've seen a Hardees. They weren't bad, in fact very good, but still not as good as Whataburger.

they are still everywhere here , The burgers are still good. but the biggest business they do every day is at breakfast . One of my favorite breakfast places .

Whataburger is hard to beat still today IMO.
1 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:09 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
M-5 wrote:

Whataburger is hard to beat still today IMO.

cant say for sure if I have ever eat at one . we don't have any here
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue May 22, 2018 3:39 pm

M-5 wrote:

hardees was a great burger when I was a kid. charbroiled ""hardees husky"" was hard to beat,, can't eat one of theirs now..I remember I could eat a sack of Krystal's years ago ..have to float a loan on a sack now..
0 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

shaz
GURU
GURU

Postby shaz » Tue May 22, 2018 4:59 pm

I really loved that Diablo burger Hardees had for a brief while. Had jalapenos, bacon and a habenero bacon spread from what I've seen.
1 x
"The Pope? How many divisions does he have?" Joseph Stalin

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:35 pm

shaz wrote:I really loved that Diablo burger Hardees had for a brief while. Had jalapenos, bacon and a habenero bacon spread from what I've seen.

It was a good burger
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue May 22, 2018 6:04 pm

Hardee's swiss mushroom burger is good. I also like the biscuits.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Tue May 22, 2018 8:08 pm

If anyone is traveling in Georgia and are within an hours drive of Willacoochee you owe yourself to go to Sambos. Sambos is hardly a stone's throw from the No Name Bar that Lewis Grizzard brought fame to by claiming it to be the most redneck bar in the USA.

If the burger joint's name doesn't offend your sensitivities and you are not thrown off by the appearance of the joint and you don't mind eating outside on the grass or sharing the single picnic table with others and you have cash since they don't accept any other form of payment and you don't mind waiting at least 10 minutes on your order since they get a large number of call in orders then you will be well pleased because for $6 you can get a cheeseburger, fries and drink. Ask for the Jumbo with cheese and you will experience heaven as it is one of the best burgers I've ever eaten in my life.
1 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Tue May 22, 2018 8:27 pm

Sambos was once a chain restaurant here.
0 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue May 22, 2018 8:56 pm

Jogeephus wrote:If anyone is traveling in Georgia and are within an hours drive of Willacoochee you owe yourself to go to Sambos. Sambos is hardly a stone's throw from the No Name Bar that Lewis Grizzard brought fame to by claiming it to be the most redneck bar in the USA.

If the burger joint's name doesn't offend your sensitivities and you are not thrown off by the appearance of the joint and you don't mind eating outside on the grass or sharing the single picnic table with others and you have cash since they don't accept any other form of payment and you don't mind waiting at least 10 minutes on your order since they get a large number of call in orders then you will be well pleased because for $6 you can get a cheeseburger, fries and drink. Ask for the Jumbo with cheese and you will experience heaven as it is one of the best burgers I've ever eaten in my life.

Sounds like a place worth the time to visit. I have seen a couple places like that. Not unusual to share the table with a couple Dominicker Chickens. Just watch where you sit down in the grass! And there is always a Red Bone Coon hound laying by the trash barrel in case someone drops any scraps. Some are sophisticated, they have a couple old mounted deer heads hanging on the outside of the building. Some joker will always throw his hat up on one of the antlers.
1 x
Make America Happy Again

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Tue May 22, 2018 9:46 pm

hardees was a great burger when I was a kid. charbroiled ""hardees husky"" was hard to beat,

The Husky was the one I remember.

Another old standard that has really gone downhill with their burgers is Dairy Queen's Hunger Buster. Last one I tried was less than great by any definition. I remember thinking.."Well I guess it'll make a turd but that's about it". The only reason I go there is for a malt, since Sonic no longer makes malts.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Tue May 22, 2018 9:48 pm

Ky hills wrote:Bojangles opened up here a year or 2 ago, haven't had a breakfast from there but the dinners are pretty good, my only complaint with them is they don't serve chicken livers.

Commies I suspect...
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Tue May 22, 2018 10:09 pm

Long ago I went to visit my brother in college and there was a Mom & Pop place getting rave reviews for making
The Best Hamburgers in Minnesota, so we decided to go try them.
We both agreed, over priced and nothing special, they taste just like what Mom made from our own home raised beef.
(Boy were we spoiled!) :)
We could get the same thing at home for 'free'.
1 x

AdamsCreek
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby AdamsCreek » Mon May 28, 2018 4:01 pm

There’s a joint in Mesquite called Scrumbscious. They make about as good a hamburger I’ve had. They got something called a pie shake that’s pretty good too.
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Mon May 28, 2018 4:22 pm

greybeard wrote:
Ky hills wrote:Bojangles opened up here a year or 2 ago, haven't had a breakfast from there but the dinners are pretty good, my only complaint with them is they don't serve chicken livers.

Commies I suspect...

I like em too, friend says he can't eat them blood filters..
0 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

Return to “Coffee Shop”