Progress

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Progress

Postby greybeard » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:33 pm

It's why the opposition party is named the opposition party.
This is nothing new. Been this way since they were called royalists, loyalists, tories and whigs.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:00 pm

greybeard wrote:It's why the opposition party is named the opposition party.
This is nothing new. Been this way since they were called royalists, loyalists, tories and whigs.

Yes. I don't know how it was back then, I was born in 1950, but it seems every year the opposition politics gets more sinister and hateful. For example, I don't follow any party lines so I enjoy a good open but unprejudical discussion. Candidly, you can no longer entertain that. The other end of the discussion goes into extreme exaggerations and even outright lies. Not conducive to communication.
2 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Bright Raven wrote:

Yes. I don't know how it was back then, I was born in 1950, but it seems every year the opposition politics gets more sinister and hateful. For example, I don't follow any party lines so I enjoy a good open but unprejudical discussion. Candidly, you can no longer entertain that. The other end of the discussion goes into extreme exaggerations and even outright lies. Not conducive to communication.

Two snakes a red and blue the bite leads to a slow agonizing death.
My ideology runs more libertarian.
2 x

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:53 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

Two snakes a red and blue the bite leads to a slow agonizing death.
My ideology runs more libertarian.

I'm a constitutional literalist, so I just skip the opions, and just go straight to what the "old-fashion" piece of paper says.
1 x
"Benign Neglect" -Dun

Return to “Coffee Shop”