Saved our be-hinds

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Texas Gal
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Saved our be-hinds

Postby Texas Gal » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:00 am

We had a couple of sprinkles the last couple of days. Please send some our way; we're dry - only 3.7 inches in May and .5 inches in June. Still have grass since we're perpetually understocked and cows and calves look good.
2 x

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:37 pm

Texas Gal wrote:We had a couple of sprinkles the last couple of days. Please send some our way; we're dry - only 3.7 inches in May and .5 inches in June. Still have grass since we're perpetually understocked and cows and calves look good.

ya'll took it pretty bad in the ice storm too a few months back. What a mess you had. I was up that way back then.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Texas Gal
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Texas Gal » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:38 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:
Texas Gal wrote:We had a couple of sprinkles the last couple of days. Please send some our way; we're dry - only 3.7 inches in May and .5 inches in June. Still have grass since we're perpetually understocked and cows and calves look good.

ya'll took it pretty bad in the ice storm too a few months back. What a mess you had. I was up that way back then.

Thankfully it only lasted a couple of days. We lost power for a day; a friend closer to town lost power for 3 days off and on. When things finally thawed out, I couldn't get to work due to trees down on the county road. Sure wish we had some of that moisture about now. :P
1 x

1982vett
GURU
GURU

Postby 1982vett » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:58 pm

Got 1.2 inches today, total of 2.3 so far. Most of it is soaking in.
0 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:20 pm

For those of you needing the rain, and finally getting some precipitation, I'm happy for you, as we were in a similar situation earlier this year. For those that still need some, I sure hope you get some. It is a terrible thing, drought.
1 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

Allenw
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Allenw » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:00 pm

Glad some one is getting some rain, we're still waiting. It's so bad here the storm chasers are chasing dust devils.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:08 pm

I had to go to the county seat today, about 25 miles North and hit rain as heavy as I've seen since last year. We have gotten some more here at my place late this afternoon...looks like the system is finally starting to slough off and much of it is moving North East. T showers here have been pretty good late this afternoon, but not extremely heavy or stormy.
NorthEast Tx should be seeing some rain tonight and in the morning.

0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

1982vett
GURU
GURU

Postby 1982vett » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:48 am

74 headed to 90+......humidity going to be tough today.
1 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:04 am

Ya it is. Its going to be brutal.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:42 am

Radar this morning looks like your area may be in for a little more rain Brute, maybe here too tho it seems to have moved more East heading for Louisiana and the mid South. What I'm seeing here is pretty much solid cloud cover but very little cloud movement compared to the last 48 hrs. Everything appears to be moving slowly but steadily off to the NE and North. That little low pressure area in your region has lots of energy and has affected weather as far north as Nebraska and as far east as the Tenn valley, La, North Miss. and may make it all the way into the eastern seaboard this weekend.
Flow within the system is in one direction while the whole system is moving another.

0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

Covet Not!

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:08 am

Ya we got hit with some yellow and red this morning. It definitely made some water run. Its very spotty though. Some spots are in the 10+" range and 5-10 miles from there we only have 4 or 5" totals.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:12 am

Looking West right now, but still a little grey back to the East, but the big ball of fire in the sky has mostly returned...might change this afternoon tho.
0 x

Covet Not!

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:25 am

I wound up with right about 4" from Sunday morning through Wednesday. And thankful for every drop.
1 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

Return to “Coffee Shop”