Double standard?

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Double standard?

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:25 pm

Bright Raven wrote:I was at dinner with a co-worker on the road in a small Montana town. We ordered rib steaks. He calls the waiter over and says, " Take this back, knock the horns off and wipe it's azz and maybe I can finish it."

I say, I would not have done that. He says why. I say because the shyt that gets wiped off will be replaced with shyt you will never see!

We had all you can fish fry at our restaurant's. After a couple of plates of good eating fish, you didn't make it through the third plate. When anyone complained my dad would go out and tell them " I won't serve anything I won't eat myself " he'd pick a piece of fried frozen shark or marlin off their plate and eat it. He'd always say it taste good to me, he has a steel stomach.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:45 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
greybeard wrote:M guess, had she declined to leave, would be that the police would be called.

On what grounds?

There were no grounds to call the police unless the establishment had reason to believe that Sarah Sanders was breaking a law. REMEMBER: Stephanie Wilkinson (Representing the Red Hen) did NOT deny service. She stated, "I'd like to ask you to leave.” If Sarah Sanders would have refused to leave, it would have been illegal to refuse her service.

Now: who would stay and eat the food served at a restaurant that just ask you to leave? There is nothing ingenious about what either party did.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:48 pm

I don't think it would have been illegal unless she was denied for the race, religion, etc... reasons. She was asked to leave and had I ever done that in my restaurant you can bet your sweet bippy they would have been denied service and a criminal trespass warning given to them.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:54 pm

slick4591 wrote:I don't think it would have been illegal unless she was denied for the race, religion, etc... reasons. She was asked to leave and had I ever done that in my restaurant you can bet your sweet bippy they would have been denied service and a criminal trespass warning given to them.

Restuarants can and do refuse service at their own risk. What TT ask was "what grounds would the Red Hen have for calling the police." These are two different issues. They could still call the police. People do all the time. But there are no grounds to do that under this scenario.
1 x
Make America Happy Again

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:56 pm

BTW: refusing service even in cases not involving race, religion, nationality, etc. is still a risk for legal action:

Restaurants are considered places of public accommodation. In other words, the primary purpose of a restaurant is to sell food to the general public, which necessarily requires susceptibility to equal protection laws. Therefore, a restaurant’s existence as private property does not excuse an unjustified refusal of service. This can be contrasted to a nightclub, which usually caters itself to a specific group of clientele based on age and social status.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:35 pm

Bright Raven wrote:BTW: refusing service even in cases not involving race, religion, nationality, etc. is still a risk for legal action:

Restaurants are considered places of public accommodation. In other words, the primary purpose of a restaurant is to sell food to the general public, which necessarily requires susceptibility to equal protection laws. Therefore, a restaurant’s existence as private property does not excuse an unjustified refusal of service. This can be contrasted to a nightclub, which usually caters itself to a specific group of clientele based on age and social status.

So there were no grounds for asking her to leave, just narrow minded political bigotry.

Nice.
3 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:22 pm

Bright Raven wrote:BTW: refusing service even in cases not involving race, religion, nationality, etc. is still a risk for legal action:

I got on this conversation a little late.
Your quote was what I was going to say. Any business open to the public, should not be allowed to refuse service. Now, asked to leave?? that's splitting hairs. To me - same difference.
3 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:42 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

So there were no grounds for asking her to leave, just narrow minded political bigotry.

Nice.

Don't disagree. I would only point out with some emphasis, that it occurs on both sides. Michelle Obama was treated with the same generic brand of intolerance - BIGOTRY. I recall several instances on this prestigious forum.
1 x
Make America Happy Again

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:12 pm

Maxine Waters has now called for the harassment of every Trump supporter where ever they go. The restaurant's Sanders incident seems to have triggered her call.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:23 pm

Michelle Obama was treated with the same generic brand of intolerance - BIGOTRY.
Was she ever asked to leave a public place of business?
2 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:29 pm

greybeard wrote:
Michelle Obama was treated with the same generic brand of intolerance - BIGOTRY.
Was she ever asked to leave a public place of business?

IDK. I was not implying that she was. I was only identifying that the act of bigotry is not limited to one side of the political spectrum.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:49 pm

BR, you are so insightful. I'm honored to be able to read the writings of the smartest sumbeotch that ever graced these pages. :roll: :roll:

I'm gonna strive to come up with a topic that you are not an expert on. Wish me luck. :help:
2 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:53 pm

jehosofat wrote:BR, you are so insightful. I'm honored to be able to read the writings of the smartest sumbeotch that ever graced these pages. :roll: :roll:

I'm gonna strive to come up with a topic that you are not an expert on. Wish me luck. :help:

I appreciate the compliment but I would rather you use your time more wisely.
1 x
Make America Happy Again

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:31 pm

The answer is "No" , First Lady Michelle Obama has never been barred from eating at any restaurant but there are plenty of restaurants that have said the current administration and it's cabinet are not welcome.
One, has barred the chief exec himself by proclaiming his eatery a "toupee free zone".

Most discrimination is illegal.......however, activism is not.

Many restaurants employ illegal 'immigrants' (the food service sector is the single largest employer of illegals)
It's one of the reasons places like Honolulu’s Café 8 ½ posted a sign stipulating that no one that voted 'a certain way' in Nov 2016 would be allowed to eat there.

It began even before that.
The Urban Bean in Minneapolis and Jeff Ruby Steakhouse in Ky banned 'certain people' in the summer and fall of 2015.

I find it all....'deplorable'. Tolerance indeed. :roll:
2 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:36 pm

greybeard wrote:The answer is "No" , First Lady Michelle Obama has never been barred from eating at any restaurant but there are plenty of restaurants that have said the current administration and it's cabinet are not welcome.
One, has barred the chief exec himself by proclaiming his eatery a "toupee free zone".

Most discrimination is illegal.......however, activism is not.

Many restaurants employ illegal 'immigrants' (the food service sector is the single largest employer of illegals)
It's one of the reasons places like Honolulu’s Café 8 ½ posted a sign stipulating that no one that voted 'a certain way' in Nov 2016 would be allowed to eat there.

It began even before that.
The Urban Bean in Minneapolis and Jeff Ruby Steakhouse in Ky banned 'certain people' in the summer and fall of 2015.

I find it all....'deplorable'. Tolerance indeed. :roll:

Agree. Extremism! No one has a monopoly on bad behavior.
1 x
Make America Happy Again

Return to “Coffee Shop”