Double standard?

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
sstterry
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Double standard?

Postby sstterry » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:48 am

I stated in the Bakery Thread that I agreed that the Baker should not be "forced" to use his talents to bake a cake. The same holds true here. If they don't want her there they ask her to leave. Being a Trump disciple is not a protected class and she is the one with the double standard. Just go back and read her tweets about the cake case.

I read on another site, that they should have just taken her Order and when they just didn't deliver her food, they should say, "I will get back to you on that" and never do. That is what she does with the Press.
2 x

Mod2
-

Postby Mod2 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:06 am

:deadhorse:
0 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:45 am

what if she was just sitting there not buying a thing and then asked to leave but refused... .like some blacks in starbucks?

It's ok.. she's white..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdc4ZAAEpm0
0 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:17 am

better not be white and complain about anything if it involves x. black x hispanic x. muslum .. x. etc.

A white woman was recorded calling the police on an 8-year-old girl selling bottling water without a permit, according to a viral video posted on Saturday.

Twitter user @_ethiopiangold posted on Twitter Saturday afternoon that her younger cousin was selling bottled water when a woman she dubbed "Permit Patty" intervened.

Law And Crime reported that the stand was set up outside AT&T Park during a San Francisco Giants baseball game.

In the video, the girl's older cousin is seen following the white woman who was walking away while talking on the phone.

So my little cousin was selling water and didn't have a permit so this lady decided to call the cops on an 8 year old. #PermitPattypic.twitter.com/SiL61pnAgl
- Raj (@_ethiopiangold) June 23, 2018

"This woman don't wanna let a little girl sell some water," the cousin says. "She's calling the police on an eight-year-old little girl."

When the white woman appears to duck behind a wall, the cousin can be heard telling her she can hide all she wants.

"The world's gonna see you, boo," the cousin said.

The white woman then stands to her feet.

"Yeah and illegally selling water without a permit," she says in the video.

The girl's cousin responds, "On my property."

The white woman then says, "It's not your property."

The 15-second video took off on social media, notching more than 641,000 views as of Saturday afternoon.

"My family thanks you all for the funny comments memes & words of encouragement," the cousin later tweeted. "My little cousin is doing okay for those who are asking and her mom is going to be pressing charges for harassment."

I can't reply to everybody bc it's been so many responses but my family thanks you all for the funny comments memes & words of encouragement my little cousin is doing okay for those who are asking and her mom is going to be pressing charges for harassment
- Raj (@_ethiopiangold) June 23, 2018

The police reportedly never showed up to the scene.

Many Twitter users pointed out how the incident was similar to a white woman in Oakland, Calif., calling the policy on a black family for using a charcoal grill in a public park.

Area residents, in response, had a massive cookout at the same park last month in a sign of solidarity.

The woman instantly became an internet meme and was dubbed "Barbecue Becky.
0 x

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:30 am

I think they have the right to throw her out, I think they have the right to suffer the consequences of their decision too. Hopefully the go right out of business.
2 x

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:30 am

jehosofat wrote:I think they have the right to throw her out, I think they have the right to suffer the consequences of their decision too. Hopefully they go right out of business.
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:36 am

So now you can refuse service to someone based on who they work for. I have always thought it is too bad that farmers can't become organized enough to be able to tell grocery stores that if they sell food to certain people that the farmers won't sell to the stores. EPA employees come to mind as one group that I would refuse to serve.
2 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:45 am

Mod2 is right. This is devolving into racism.

0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ez14. » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:56 am

Dave wrote:But what if she had been a gay person or a minority? Would he be allowed to show her the door?

That's where the problem lies
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:15 pm

M guess, had she declined to leave, would be that the police would be called.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:27 pm

greybeard wrote:M guess, had she declined to leave, would be that the police would be called.

On what grounds?
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:38 pm

I think it's kind of ironic myself. She had no choice but to leave, you never send food back to the kitchen in a restaurant. And I don't think it would of been a good idea for Mrs Sanders and her party to eat anything out of that kitchen after being asked to leave. She didn't jump up and down cussing and making threats, she and her party just left. Karma?
3 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:44 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:I think it's kind of ironic myself. She had no choice but to leave, you never send food back to the kitchen in a restaurant. And I don't think it would of been a good idea for Mrs Sanders and her party to eat anything out of that kitchen after being asked to leave. She didn't jump up and down cussing and making threats, she and her party just left. Karma?

Anyone who sends food back to a cook, has no imagination! Grit, you are so right!
0 x
Diogenes.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:46 pm

Bright Raven wrote:Mod2 is right. This is devolving into racism.

We definitely don't need to go in that direction. I was very hesitant to post this because we can get off track so quickly. For the most part it's been civil, we need to use Mrs Sanders as an example of tolerance. She made the idiots look really foolish.
2 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:01 pm

I was at dinner with a co-worker on the road in a small Montana town. We ordered rib steaks. He calls the waiter over and says, " Take this back, knock the horns off and wipe it's azz and maybe I can finish it."

I say, I would not have done that. He says why. I say because the shyt that gets wiped off will be replaced with shyt you will never see!
0 x
Diogenes.

Return to “Coffee Shop”