SCOTUS

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

SCOTUS

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:09 pm

0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

sstterry
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: SCOTUS

Postby sstterry » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:19 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/trumps-supreme-court-nominee-kavanaugh-a-look-into-his-finances
I found this very interesting.

I think the whole issue regarding his Credit Card debt is overblown and will probably be a non-issue. He has probably known for a while this could happen and so he got is finances in order.

The reports are that Kennedy has been in negotiations with the Trump Administration for months about his retirement and would only retire if he knew Kavanaugh would get the nomination. (That is definitely not the way it is supposed to work, but there are a lot worse choices.) I just hope this does not become the norm (not Kavanaugh but the Justice picking his or her own successor).
2 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:00 pm

He isn't being hired as the secretary of the treasury, however, low finances can be seen as some as a way to be influenced. I see it as a man who has a lot of frugality, and as somewhat of a non-issue.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:11 am

lol..

what will be the MAJOR issue next week?

THIS GUY?? He put BASEBALL TICKETS on a CC.. !! OH MY!! Thats why he had some CC debt..

!!!! THINK ABOUT IT!!!

How dare he!! WHO IS THIS GUY??

lol.. insane to be even talking about this retard crap.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:30 am

ddd75 wrote:lol..

THIS GUY?? He put BASEBALL TICKETS on a CC.. !! OH MY!! Thats why he had some CC debt..

!!!! THINK ABOUT IT!!!

No it's not retarded at all, so far everyone has overlooked why I posted about him. All normal American's carry some debt. My reason was to point out how legit Judge Cavanaugh is. How many highly educated people in the position of power aren't rich at his age? He has not been bought and paid for.
1 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:39 am

True Grit Farms wrote:

!!!! THINK ABOUT IT!!!

No it's not retarded at all, so far everyone has overlooked why I posted about him. All normal American's carry some debt. My reason was to point out how legit Judge Cavanaugh is. How many highly educated people in the position of power aren't rich at his age? He has not been bought and paid for.

There are many ways to buy someone other than money. In fact, you don't know - he may have $3 million in a swiss bank account.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:48 am

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

!!!! THINK ABOUT IT!!!

There are many ways to buy someone other than money. In fact, you don't know - he may have $3 million in a swiss bank account.

Personally I'd be more inclined to bank in the Cayman Islands. In all reality though can't hide money.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:15 am

I must have hidden a lot somehow cause it sure ain't in my bank accounts.
2 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:11 am

True Grit Farms wrote:No it's not retarded at all, so far everyone has overlooked why I posted about him. All normal American's carry some debt. My reason was to point out how legit Judge Cavanaugh is. How many highly educated people in the position of power aren't rich at his age? He has not been bought and paid for.

Look at the world as it is, not as 'we' are.
There are LOTS of people that don't carry debt, other than maybe a mortgage or car note and many who rent homes or live in apts don't even carry that. Most times, public officials and whoever keeps track of their finances don't include short term/30 day credit card debt in these reports.

But, continuing with the wild and unsubstantiated speculation, For all we know, he's one of the off world lizard people that have worked their way into every facet of public and private service to control everything we do.
"I for one, welcome our new shape shifting reptilian overlords" parody of HG Wells' Empire of the Ants short story....
:roll:
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:06 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/trumps-supreme-court-nominee-kavanaugh-a-look-into-his-finances
I found this very interesting.

Is this interesting.

Need to know how the credit card debt was paid from 2016 to 2017. Was his friends paying him off each month for their tickets and on the home improvements did he have a note or money in the bank to pay it off. I had a friend and his wife that used the credit card for building a home. They did it for the rewards from the card company. What ever they charged was paid at the end of the month. This could be the way Judge Kavanaugh was using his cards.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/12/supreme ... -debt.html
0 x

Logar
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Logar » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:14 pm

If there is nothing that would truly prevent Kavanaugh from getting the job, you can be certain someone, somewhere, is doing their best to "manufacture" it.
0 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:35 pm

he's worth over a million..

what if he was worth 4 million? Would that make him any less "buyable" ?

Look at the clintons.. swimming in money yet still yearn to control more.
1 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:45 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:

!!!! THINK ABOUT IT!!!

Probably one of the few who are more concerned with trying to improve our country than improving the looks of his financial statement. Who cares what he used the credit cards for. Who cares what his net worth is. Lots of folks have millions in assets. What they don't tell you is that they also have millions in liabilities and very little real "net worth".
4 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

haase
Rancher
Rancher

Postby haase » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:16 pm

Good one tb and that's the truth about the whole situation, but how do you make common sense work in this world of idiot's?
1 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”