bail bondsman

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19540
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 5 times

bail bondsman

Post by skyhightree1 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:28 am

So thinking of a few things to maybe try and wondered does anyone in here do any bail bonding? If so any pointers to give me food for thought?
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15932
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Alabama the Beautiful
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: bail bondsman

Post by ALACOWMAN » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:41 am

Maybe like the other day when I came up on somebody setting in the drive way of the main house.. He was Doing some surveillance on a trailer next door.seems that this meth head girl had jumped bail.. And he was on the hook for it..
someone said I should follow my dreams,,so I went back to bed...

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5248
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: bail bondsman

Post by callmefence » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:21 am

(talking out my azz a little bit disclosure)

US citizen, no felonies. You have to show a financial statement yearly. If you don't have a million sitting round you'll have to buy bonding.
In Texas if it's a county with over (I think a 100, 000 pop. ( Criminal board county?) Something like that. You have to do a one year apprenticeship under a licensed bondsman.
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5248
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: bail bondsman

Post by callmefence » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:27 am

skyhightree1 wrote:So thinking of a few things to maybe try and wondered does anyone in here do any bail bonding? If so any pointers to give me food for thought?


LoL .
Just pictured sky the first time someone bounces on 500.00. rolling through town with his scatter gun and a truck full of hound's.
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8577
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 177 times

Re: bail bondsman

Post by True Grit Farms » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:55 am

Personality I'd want to stay as far away as possible from those type of people.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19540
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: bail bondsman

Post by skyhightree1 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:01 pm

callmefence wrote:(talking out my azz a little bit disclosure)

US citizen, no felonies. You have to show a financial statement yearly. If you don't have a million sitting round you'll have to buy bonding.
In Texas if it's a county with over (I think a 100, 000 pop. ( Criminal board county?) Something like that. You have to do a one year apprenticeship under a licensed bondsman.


https://www.bountyhunteredu.org/virgini ... -bondsman/

Myself and 3 others that are investors in a business talked about trying it.
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19540
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: bail bondsman

Post by skyhightree1 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:04 pm

callmefence wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:So thinking of a few things to maybe try and wondered does anyone in here do any bail bonding? If so any pointers to give me food for thought?


LoL .
Just pictured sky the first time someone bounces on 500.00. rolling through town with his scatter gun and a truck full of hound's.


It will give me a reason to buy some bloodhounds a win win situation
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19540
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: bail bondsman

Post by skyhightree1 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:06 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Personality I'd want to stay as far away as possible from those type of people.


I can understand that for sure but it can be a good business to be in these days.
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8577
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 177 times

Re: bail bondsman

Post by True Grit Farms » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:19 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Personality I'd want to stay as far away as possible from those type of people.


I can understand that for sure but it can be a good business to be in these days.

True, but years ago you couldn't deny bond to someone if they knew how to answer your questions. A judge can deny bond but a bondsman can't or couldn't at one time.
Hopefully I'll never need to call you.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19540
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: bail bondsman

Post by skyhightree1 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:20 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Personality I'd want to stay as far away as possible from those type of people.


I can understand that for sure but it can be a good business to be in these days.

True, but years ago you couldn't deny bond to someone if they knew how to answer your questions. A judge can deny bond but a bondsman can't or couldn't at one time.
Hopefully I'll never need to call you.


:lol: If you do need to call no worries I won't look for you just maybe come down get some fresh fish from time to time
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7096
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:34 pm
Location: Ctrl Virginia
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: bail bondsman

Post by Workinonit Farm » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:28 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
It will give me a reason to buy some bloodhounds a win win situation


A board member (he may still lurk) breeds 'em! (used to anyhow) CrowderFarms.

;-)
Live each day as if it were your last.

User avatar
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15932
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Alabama the Beautiful
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: bail bondsman

Post by ALACOWMAN » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:33 pm

Workinonit Farm wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
It will give me a reason to buy some bloodhounds a win win situation


A board member (he may still lurk) breeds 'em! (used to anyhow) CrowderFarms.

;-)
I sure liked that rascal ...he was a card..
someone said I should follow my dreams,,so I went back to bed...

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5686
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: bail bondsman

Post by Son of Butch » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:58 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Personality I'd want to stay as far away as possible from those type of people.


I can understand that for sure but it can be a good business to be in these days.
:idea:
Just a suggestion, but if one of the partners also sets up as a drug dealer it would be good for a catch, release, recatch business.

User avatar
Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7096
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:34 pm
Location: Ctrl Virginia
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: bail bondsman

Post by Workinonit Farm » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:56 pm

Son of Butch wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Personality I'd want to stay as far away as possible from those type of people.


I can understand that for sure but it can be a good business to be in these days.
:idea:
Just a suggestion, but if one of the partners also sets up as a drug dealer it would be good for a catch, release, recatch business.


:lol2: :lol2:
Live each day as if it were your last.

User avatar
Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7096
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:34 pm
Location: Ctrl Virginia
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: bail bondsman

Post by Workinonit Farm » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:57 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:
Workinonit Farm wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
It will give me a reason to buy some bloodhounds a win win situation


A board member (he may still lurk) breeds 'em! (used to anyhow) CrowderFarms.

;-)
I sure liked that rascal ...he was a card..



I still have a ball-cap, that he sent to me, from his feed/farm supply business.
Live each day as if it were your last.

Post Reply