Daily Inspiration!

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:56 pm

Take a good look around. We need to remember those less fortunate and do what we can to lift them up. Prayers and words of care, concern, and encouragement can do SO much for their souls. After all, God's Grace is not meant to be sheltered in our hearts, it's meant to be shared to His Glory.

Isaiah 53:3 (The Message)
"We are all like sheep who have wandered off and gotten lost. We've all done our own thing, gone our own way. And God has piled all our sins, everything we've done wrong on Him, on Him."
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:14 am

Sometimes our job of teaching, supporting, & leading others is difficult or frustrating. Nevertheless, we must follow Christ's teachings. Don't let the devil pull you away from this very important task. Walk with others as our Lord walks with you and soon they will walk with Him too.

Romans 15:1, 3-4, 7
"We who are strong in faith should help the weak with their weaknesses, and not please only ourselves... Even Christ did not live to please himself. It was as the scriptures said: "When people insult you, it hurts me." The Scriptures give us patience & encouragement so that we can have hope... Christ accepted you, so you should accept each other which will bring glory to God."
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:50 am

There's a whole lot of talk going on about taking a knee during our national anthem. Yesterday even Stevie Wonder said he was taking not one knee, but two "for America." I can tell you how getting on our knees could make a real difference—not in protest or in pride, but in PRAYER. Praying for each other, praying for unity, and praying for this great nation and our leaders.

Psalm 105:4
"Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore”
3 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:46 pm

This song really speaks to me. It's also probably been out a while, and I just didn't know it. I'm usually at a real traditional type service, with no contemporary music. Heard it somewhere along my travels.

Chain Breaker by Zach Williams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2sBaDXz4Xw
1 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:26 am

Good Monday Morning! I love this analogy in this verse from Hebrews. The builder always deserves more praise and glory than the product itself. God is our builder! He "built" or created us and if you have ever taken an anatomy class then you are amazed at how intricately God created us. It is crazy how He knit us together in our mother's womb. He built everything else that we see or we own, etc. Guys, it is all His and He just loves us enough to loan us what we need to live. And He is so good that often times He goes beyond our needs and allows us to have some of our wants. He is a good, good God. How is our gratitude toward Him for all He has blessed us with? Take time to thank Him today and every day!

Hebrews 3:3-4
But Jesus deserves far more glory than Moses, just as a person who builds a house deserves more praise than the house itself. For every house has a builder, but the One who built everything is God.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:26 am

Surrendering everything to God may seem hard sometimes (especially for those of us who feel like we have to keep everything going). But laying it all at His feet - "not my will but Your will be done" - will give us joy & peace. Interrupt our ordinary with the Glory of God.

James 1:5-6
"He is generous to everyone... But when you ask God, you must believe and not doubt."
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:29 pm

Haven't posted any thoughts on this thread in a while. i have enjoyed whats been posted.

Have read Paul's letter to Titus several times recently. As Paul gives instruction to Titus how to to deal with the churches in Crete, he advises Titus to remind them (implying, that they have been told before, or they should know better). Paul tells Titus, that the members of the early church in Crete, should not slander each other, should not fight amongst themselves, and shouldn't argue over what the scriptures actually say. Paul goes on to say, only tell them once or twice.

It's the once or twice, that gets my attention. We think of Gods mercy as knowing no end. We think of God's grace as having no boundry. We know, that we can't find the depth of his forgiveness. It's shocking to see, that God's tolerance of a church, that isn't behaving themselves is so short. It reminds me, how important it is to lean on my fellow Christian. It reminds me how important it is, to regard my fellow Christian as brothers and sisters. It reminds, that we have one goal, and that goal is to be taken seriously. We can't waste time on silly differences. Our churches have to be rooted in the scriptures, and ready to spread the Gospel. To waste precious time, "slandering" each other, robs us of Gods patience. I challege my Christian brothers and sisters today, to unite in a way never seen before. To set aside any differences we may have, and spread the word.
3 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:55 am

Bigfoot wrote:Haven't posted any thoughts on this thread in a while. i have enjoyed whats been posted.

Have read Paul's letter to Titus several times recently. As Paul gives instruction to Titus how to to deal with the churches in Crete, he advises Titus to remind them (implying, that they have been told before, or they should know better). Paul tells Titus, that the members of the early church in Crete, should not slander each other, should not fight amongst themselves, and shouldn't argue over what the scriptures actually say. Paul goes on to say, only tell them once or twice.

It's the once or twice, that gets my attention. We think of Gods mercy as knowing no end. We think of God's grace as having no boundry. We know, that we can't find the depth of his forgiveness. It's shocking to see, that God's tolerance of a church, that isn't behaving themselves is so short. It reminds me, how important it is to lean on my fellow Christian. It reminds me how important it is, to regard my fellow Christian as brothers and sisters. It reminds, that we have one goal, and that goal is to be taken seriously. We can't waste time on silly differences. Our churches have to be rooted in the scriptures, and ready to spread the Gospel. To waste precious time, "slandering" each other, robs us of Gods patience. I challege my Christian brothers and sisters today, to unite in a way never seen before. To set aside any differences we may have, and spread the word.

I like that Bigfoot!

Lord, help us to stop, remember, and consider all that others may be going through. Let us not pass judgement with a sharp tongue but with Your discernment guiding our hearts.

James 5:8-11

"You too must be patient. Do not give up hope, because the Lord is coming soon. Brothers & sisters, do not complain against each other or you will be judged guilty... You have heard about Job's patience, and you know the Lord's purpose for him in the end. You know the Lord is full of mercy and is kind."
1 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:57 am

Lord, help us to be patient. Waiting for the wrinkles in our lives to work their way out, let us remember that sometimes the cause & effect of something, only You, our Heavenly Father understands.

Isaiah 32:16-17

"Justice will be found even in the desert, and fairness will be found in the fertile fields. That fairness will bring peace and it will bring calm and safety forever."
1 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:34 am

Check this out...God delights in EVERY DETAIL of the lives of those who belong to Him. EVERY DETAIL. God is concerned about every piece and part of your life. Don’t ever wonder if something is “too small” or “too insignificant” to pray about. If it is significant to you then God cares about it...it is a detail in your life! And then He promises that although we may stumble (amen to that), He will never let us fall because He holds us by our hand! HE HOLDS OUR HAND! He is more awesome than I can ever put in to words. Let Him direct you today!

Psalms 37:23c-24
The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.24 Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand.
3 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:08 pm

I don’t know about y'all, but I am sick and tired of evil. There seems to be so much evil in the world and it is magnified through the 24 hour news cycle and social media. Scripture is clear about doing evil...DON’T DO IT! Instead it is important to God and important for mankind that we do good. We need a lot more good. We need a lot of people doing good. And His promise, He will never abandon the godly...those who do good. I challenge you to focus on doing good TODAY...ALL DAY!

Psalms 37:27-28
Turn from evil and do good, and you will live in the land forever. For the Lord loves justice, and He will never abandon the godly.
1 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:09 am

Psalms 37- Those who follow God know right from wrong and this verse says we should be teaching it. This isn’t right and wrong according to what the world teaches, but according to what God teaches. I am afraid that all too often the lines get blurred and we accept what the world and our culture says and not what God says. We can’t make our own way and expect God to follow us...we are supposed to being emulating His way and following Him. When we do that verse 31 says that we will never slip from His path. That is some awesome encouragement as we head in to the weekend!

Psalms 37:30-31
The godly offer good counsel; they teach right from wrong. They have made God’s law their own, so they will never slip from His path.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:00 am

Lord lead us where You will. Help us to listen to You carefully with open hearts and minds.

Isaiah 66:2
"'My hand made them, that is how they came to be,' says the Lord. 'These are the people I am pleased with: those who are not proud or stubborn and who respect what I have to say.'"
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”