Daily Inspiration!

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby TN Cattle Man » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:43 am

How far you go i life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong - because someday in life you will be all of these. - George Washington Carver

Colossians 3:12-14
So, chosen be nice for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It’s your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:22 am

Great words from the Old Testament this morning! He is our only means of salvation. He is strength, He is the song in my heart and my life. And He is the only way to daily victory and ultimate victory. My goal is to stay completely connected to Him today and to pursue Him all day long.

Isaiah 12:2
See, God has come to save me. I will trust in Him and not be afraid. The Lord God is my strength and my song; He has given me victory.”
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:45 am

"Everything that was written in the past was written to teach us. The Scriptures give us patience and encouragement so that we can have hope. May the patience and encouragement that come from God allow you to live in harmony with each other the way Christ Jesus wants."

Romans 15:4-5
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:22 am

Good morning! Here are three very clear directives from scripture. Rejoice always, pray continually and give thanks in ALL circumstances. The Greek word for "rejoice" means to be cheerful or calmly happy. It is an inside disposition. It is a daily choice. Even when it is hard, or seems impossible, rejoicing always is possible if Jesus resides in you. It is only the Him in me that makes this possible for me.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Mon May 02, 2016 10:17 am

This passage is absolutely awesome to me! The reason...because no one knows me like the Lord knows me, YET He loves me anyway. He sees the ugliness I can have in my attitude, in my thoughts that I sometimes have, and in my heart in places only He can see. BUT, He loves me anyway. There is nothing I can do to work to gain more love from Him and there is nothing that I can do that will make Him love me less. He loves me. And I am grateful.

Psalms 139:1-4
You have searched me, Lord,and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise;you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down;you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Tue May 03, 2016 9:10 am

20 In the future, when your son asks you, “What is the meaning of the stipulations, decrees and laws the Lord our God has commanded you?”

Many times, our children ask us questions. Sometimes they catch a phrase in Sunday School, that puzzles them, and sometimes it's during preaching. We use words, that have no meaning to children, words like........grace and.........peace. It's easy to dismiss a child, and tell them,"When your older, you'll understand." We really do an injustice to our children, when we don't thoroughly answer their question. There is no simpler truth in any of our lives, than God's love for us. The sooner we understand, and embrace that, the easier life gets.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed May 11, 2016 10:36 am

This verse has a simple message. When we follow God and His commands and when we are obedient to Him...in that place we will find happiness. We won't find it in anything that the world has to offer, only in Him. That is difficult for me a lot of the times, but I can attest that it is true. Find your happiness in HIM today!

Psalms 119:35
Make me walk along the path of Your commands, for that is where my happiness is found.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue May 24, 2016 7:58 am

The first two words of this verse can be hard for me..."be still". But, the older I get and the more I intentionally commune with and spend time with the Lord, the easier it becomes. Don't worry about everyone else... especially those who seem to get ahead, who seem to have it all and do it by hurting others and stepping on everyone around them. God will take care of all that. You focus on you! Wait for Him. Lean on Him. Thank Him for His invitation to stillness and rest.

Psalms 37:7
Be still and rest in the Lord; wait for Him and patiently lean yourself upon Him; fret not yourself because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who brings wicked devices to pass.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed May 25, 2016 8:47 am

Here are some awesome promises for your Wednesday! Regardless of what happens, God has got you. He is protector. He is Savior. He is my all in all. Focus on His promises today!

Isaiah 43:2-3
“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you. “For I am the Lord your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Fri May 27, 2016 12:01 pm

Memorial Day brings up many emotions for me... As a veteran I am saddened by the loss of many close friends... I call them Brothers, that I have lost while defending this great country of ours. I am also grateful for their sacrifices so that I can live in the greatest country in the world! I will do everything that I can this weekend to honor these men... I Will spend quality time with my Family... I Will raise my glass and toast them... I Will, because they gave me the freedom to do so!

Please pause to remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. Pray for their families who try to cope without them; Pray for their Brothers who miss them.

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
0 x

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Fri May 27, 2016 2:08 pm

One of my favorite verses. That's the ultimate display of love.
0 x
"You don't have to be a genius to be successful. Just surround yourself with smart people. And LISTEN to them" C.M.

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:13 am

Here's a rhetorical question for you... are you ever just exhausted, tired to the bone? ...Maybe from work, maybe from something that you are anxious about? I know the answer from everyone reading this is probably YES! First of all, know that God is not a God of worry and anxiety. He is a God of peace and rest...a God of refuge for us. Verse 2 from the 23rd Psalm isn't just for when we lose a loved one. In fact, that isn't what David was talking about at all when he wrote this. He was talking about every day life! If I look at some of the Hebrew meanings of some of the words, this verse would sound like this..."He makes or gives me rest in pleasant places. He gently guides me to and beside quiet resting places and waters of refreshment." Doesn't that sound inviting and something that you can use day after day? I love that real, working shepherds don't drive their sheep like us cattleman do some times. They lead their sheep. That is how God is...not pushy, but always wanting the best for you and what HE leads you to do is always best. Make him your resting place today.

Psalms 23:2
He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters.
0 x

Williamsv
GURU
GURU

Postby Williamsv » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:28 am

A great blessing for today when I am already tired and have miles to go before I can sleep! Thank you!
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:25 am

So sorry that it has been so long since I have posted here... I've been so busy around the farm with hay and all!

I love the book of James... He was so clear in his writing. He didn't dance around the difficult...he just said it! These two verses are a great example of his candor. The two things that stick out to me are:
1. Verse 8 says if we come close (draw near) to God, He will come close to us. That is an awesome thought. Remember, God never moves...if I feel distant from Him, it is because I have moved, I have sinned, I have done something to separate myself from Him. He is always there!
2. Verse 8 ends with the stark reality that we can't love or serve God and love the world. He will not accept a divided heart. He wants all of us.
Give your whole heart, your whole self to the Lord today. Remember, He never moves and He is always waiting for you to come back to Him.

James 4:7-8
So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world.
0 x

Williamsv
GURU
GURU

Postby Williamsv » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:49 pm

Glad to see Daily Inspiration back. I have missed it and was afraid it was gone forever. I always get a blessing from it. Thank you for these inspiring words.
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”