Daily Inspiration!

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
User avatar
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2519
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Palmyra, TN

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby TN Cattle Man » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:46 am

Here is an excellent invitation for today and every day. The word "refuge" really means to trust. We are promised blessings if we trust in Him. There is no better place or person to put your trust in!

Psalms 34:8
Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

User avatar
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2519
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Palmyra, TN

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby TN Cattle Man » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:06 am

Okay, here is a book of the Bible that you don't turn to very much, or possibly never...Habakkuk. Even though it may not be well known, it is rich in content and meaning. The writer is saying here that even when there is nothing...no food, no sheep, no cattle (which equates to no income), he chooses to rejoice in the Lord and to have joy. Don't miss a word that I just used...CHOOSES! Every day your attitude and your joy level is a choice. And please don't think that "happy" and "joy" are the same thing. You can have joy even when you are not happy, even when you are in the midst of the worst of days. Seems impossible, but it is true because true joy comes from the Lord. Ask Him today to fill you with His joy. You won't regret it!

Habakkuk 3:17c-18
Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

RiverHills
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 11:29 am
Location: Southeast Missouri

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby RiverHills » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:32 am

AMEN!!!!! It's getting harder and harder these days. Also be happy with what you have not what you don't.

TN could you give a educated explanation of the true meaning of how the Lord will provide. How he provides is not riches, possessions or even food.
0 x

Williamsv
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1454
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 6:23 pm

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby Williamsv » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:22 pm

Amen!!! Amen!!! One of my favorite verses from a book in the Bible that is not read too often. One that we need to apply to our lives. We all need His joy!
0 x

User avatar
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2519
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Palmyra, TN

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby TN Cattle Man » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:04 pm

RiverHills wrote:AMEN!!!!! It's getting harder and harder these days. Also be happy with what you have not what you don't.

TN could you give a educated explanation of the true meaning of how the Lord will provide. How he provides is not riches, possessions or even food.

RiverHills... I think for a person of Faith the easier question would be what doesn't God provide in our lives? Our God provides all of our needs!! But here is the catch... We have to let Him do it! Once you figure that out, the rest is easy. Sure, we are going to worry about things! But "whose" things are we actually worrying about? Most of the strife and problems that occur in my life are usually brought on by me! When I let God take control of things... well, you can figure it out!

I am reminded of what our Savior Jesus had to say on the matter in Matthew 6:26-34

26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

So when you ask about God "providing" in our lives, I think we too often get confused about what we "want" and what we "need". You mention that God doesn't provide riches, possessions or even food... I say He provides all of that and even more! I guess it would depend on what your definition of "riches and possessions" are. I feel that I am rich because I possess the Holy Spirit of Christ dwelling inside of me ( :D I couldn't help myself with that one)! I know what you meant when you said that... I know plenty of wealthy people who are awesome Christians! The difference between them and a lot of the "rich" people that Jesus talks about in the Gospels is that they know that they are only stewards of the things that they have here on earth and ultimately it all belongs to God anyway! I guess what I'm trying to say is that they don't put their wealth or possessions ahead of their relationship with God. The Bible tells us that God wants the very best for His children... the problem is that most of the time, we don't have the Faith in us to let him do his thing!

I hope that I answered that in a way that you could understand it... If I missed your point entirely, send me a PM and we can discuss.

Brian
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

RiverHills
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 11:29 am
Location: Southeast Missouri

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby RiverHills » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:22 pm

Thanks!!! Sundays sermon was on this topic and it's made me think about things. Riches are not in earthtly things but in Holy Spirit. Thanks again.
0 x

User avatar
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2519
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Palmyra, TN

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby TN Cattle Man » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:18 am

RiverHills wrote:Thanks!!! Sundays sermon was on this topic and it's made me think about things. Riches are not in earthtly things but in Holy Spirit. Thanks again.

Amen!!
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

User avatar
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2519
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Palmyra, TN

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby TN Cattle Man » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:55 pm

This verse is a good reminder for today and every day. Whatever happens today...good, bad, or indifferent...this day is made by the Lord God Almighty. It is easy for me to rejoice and be glad in the days that are good, the days that go my way. But, His command is to have joy even on the bad days. That is possible when my joy comes from Him. Be joyful today, be glad...and remember it is so much easier, so much more possible if you invite God in to your day and walk with Him!

Psalms 118:24
This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

User avatar
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2519
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Palmyra, TN

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:27 pm

Whew... didn't realize it has been so long since I last posted here! Been extremely busy with the new feed store as well as trying to get some hay rolled while this nice weather is here. Anyway, when life deals you a blow, the verses below are spot on. I love that God is the Father of compassion...He invented it. He knows all about it. No one else can show you more compassion than He can. And He is the God of ALL comfort. That means that there is absolutely nothing in this life that can happen that He cannot provide comfort for. The key is that we allow Him to comfort us. But, don't miss verse 4. We are not to keep His compassion and comfort to ourselves...we are to pass it on to others who need it. Don't miss His comfort and compassion in your life when you need it and don't miss the opportunity for Him to bless someone else through you as you pass it to others today!

2 Corinthians 1:3-4
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

User avatar
NECowboy
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 10:18 pm
Location: Central Nebraska

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby NECowboy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:53 pm

TN Cattle Man wrote:Whew... didn't realize it has been so long since I last posted here! Been extremely busy with the new feed store as well as trying to get some hay rolled while this nice weather is here. Anyway, when life deals you a blow, the verses below are spot on. I love that God is the Father of compassion...He invented it. He knows all about it. No one else can show you more compassion than He can. And He is the God of ALL comfort. That means that there is absolutely nothing in this life that can happen that He cannot provide comfort for. The key is that we allow Him to comfort us. But, don't miss verse 4. We are not to keep His compassion and comfort to ourselves...we are to pass it on to others who need it. Don't miss His comfort and compassion in your life when you need it and don't miss the opportunity for Him to bless someone else through you as you pass it to others today!

2 Corinthians 1:3-4
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.


Great verse Brian thank you for sharing love of God and His Word to all of us so we can act it in our daily encounters with others. So happy on store for ya, good luck on hay man!
0 x
"So guess I'll stay right where I'm at, wear my boots and my cowboy hat...I gotta live my life and write my songs beneath these western skies" - Chris LeDoux, Western Skies

User avatar
Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10969
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:31 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby Bigfoot » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:13 pm

In Paul's letter to the church in Ephesis, he urges them to live in unity. He wrote the letter from prison. His crime was being openly Christian. His message was, that together they were stronger.

I don't see a lot of unity among Christians today. We don't lock arms, and stand one with another.

I remember, as kids, my brother, myself, and a neighbor boy tried to build a raft. We cut a half dozen fence post sized logs down. We lashed them together with hay strings, and mooched it out on a creek, at my grandfathers place. Much to our excitement, it floated. We were so excited, we could wait to get on it. If you so much as put your foot on that raft, it sank to the bottom. We got busy and cut more logs. It floated a little better, but there was no way it would hold even a 12 year old boy afloat. I'll never know how many logs it takes to make a good raft. We abondoned that project, in total exhaustion.

The same thought applies to my Christian brothers and sisters. I don't know how many of us have to unite, to make a change. I do know it's a bunch. We have to lock arms, and be as one. Much like logs on a raft, we a stronger together. Alone, we are weak and silent. To be "openly" Christian is not enough. To join forces, and pursue a common goal is the only way to bring change. Paul was right in his letter.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

User avatar
JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2574
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby JMJ Farms » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:25 pm

Bigfoot wrote:In Paul's letter to the church in Ephesis, he urges them to live in unity. He wrote the letter from prison. His crime was being openly Christian. His message was, that together they were stronger.

I don't see a lot of unity among Christians today. We don't lock arms, and stand one with another.

I remember, as kids, my brother, myself, and a neighbor boy tried to build a raft. We cut a half dozen fence post sized logs down. We lashed them together with hay strings, and mooched it out on a creek, at my grandfathers place. Much to our excitement, it floated. We were so excited, we could wait to get on it. If you so much as put your foot on that raft, it sank to the bottom. We got busy and cut more logs. It floated a little better, but there was no way it would hold even a 12 year old boy afloat. I'll never know how many logs it takes to make a good raft. We abondoned that project, in total exhaustion.

The same thought applies to my Christian brothers and sisters. I don't know how many of us have to unite, to make a change. I do know it's a bunch. We have to lock arms, and be as one. Much like logs on a raft, we a stronger together. Alone, we are weak and silent. To be "openly" Christian is not enough. To join forces, and pursue a common goal is the only way to bring change. Paul was right in his letter.


My toes hurt. That one hit home :tiphat:
0 x
"You don't have to be a genius to be successful. Just surround yourself with smart people. And LISTEN to them" C.M.

User avatar
NECowboy
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 10:18 pm
Location: Central Nebraska

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby NECowboy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:31 pm

Bigfoot wrote:In Paul's letter to the church in Ephesis, he urges them to live in unity. He wrote the letter from prison. His crime was being openly Christian. His message was, that together they were stronger.

I don't see a lot of unity among Christians today. We don't lock arms, and stand one with another.

I remember, as kids, my brother, myself, and a neighbor boy tried to build a raft. We cut a half dozen fence post sized logs down. We lashed them together with hay strings, and mooched it out on a creek, at my grandfathers place. Much to our excitement, it floated. We were so excited, we could wait to get on it. If you so much as put your foot on that raft, it sank to the bottom. We got busy and cut more logs. It floated a little better, but there was no way it would hold even a 12 year old boy afloat. I'll never know how many logs it takes to make a good raft. We abondoned that project, in total exhaustion.

The same thought applies to my Christian brothers and sisters. I don't know how many of us have to unite, to make a change. I do know it's a bunch. We have to lock arms, and be as one. Much like logs on a raft, we a stronger together. Alone, we are weak and silent. To be "openly" Christian is not enough. To join forces, and pursue a common goal is the only way to bring change. Paul was right in his letter.


No wonder you couldn't get your feet on the boat, too dam big! But if you can arm wrestle superman and win you've got it made!
0 x
"So guess I'll stay right where I'm at, wear my boots and my cowboy hat...I gotta live my life and write my songs beneath these western skies" - Chris LeDoux, Western Skies

User avatar
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2519
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Palmyra, TN

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:34 pm

Bigfoot wrote:In Paul's letter to the church in Ephesis, he urges them to live in unity. He wrote the letter from prison. His crime was being openly Christian. His message was, that together they were stronger.

I don't see a lot of unity among Christians today. We don't lock arms, and stand one with another.

I remember, as kids, my brother, myself, and a neighbor boy tried to build a raft. We cut a half dozen fence post sized logs down. We lashed them together with hay strings, and mooched it out on a creek, at my grandfathers place. Much to our excitement, it floated. We were so excited, we could wait to get on it. If you so much as put your foot on that raft, it sank to the bottom. We got busy and cut more logs. It floated a little better, but there was no way it would hold even a 12 year old boy afloat. I'll never know how many logs it takes to make a good raft. We abondoned that project, in total exhaustion.

The same thought applies to my Christian brothers and sisters. I don't know how many of us have to unite, to make a change. I do know it's a bunch. We have to lock arms, and be as one. Much like logs on a raft, we a stronger together. Alone, we are weak and silent. To be "openly" Christian is not enough. To join forces, and pursue a common goal is the only way to bring change. Paul was right in his letter.

Great point Bigfoot (and great story as well)! I couldn't agree with you more!
I am reminded in 2 Chronicles 7:14..."if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Although this scripture is often used, most people miss the point that He is talking about us Christians! "WE" need to join together like you say (unite). Too often, we Christians are quick to point fingers as to what is wrong with this world... when at the same time we do nothing! The Good Book clearly states that we are to be the ones who are proactive in what happens here in this world! And it starts with Prayer and seeking Him daily!!
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

User avatar
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2519
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Palmyra, TN

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:54 am

Here is another awesome description of the Lord from Isaiah. My favorite part is the last six words..."His understanding no one can fathom." God understands us better than anyone possibly can! He created you...He knows you inside and out. When you think no one understands, no one gets you...know that God does. He understands AND loves us more than we can EVER imagine!

Isaiah 40:28
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God,the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!


Return to “Coffee Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: laredo and 8 guests