Daily Inspiration!

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby Bigfoot » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:38 pm

Bright Raven wrote:Amazing Grace in Cherokee. Gracious song in any language. Hope you have an app for youtube. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/8_qFbNskjCI

I enjoyed that. My favorite version may very well be on bagpipes.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:20 pm

Mom grew up with oldtime gospel music. She sang and played the piano and organ. Before she married dad, she was a member of a trio that traveled and performed at revivals. You could be outside in the yard and hear her inside singing and playing her organ. Below is a short clip of her whistling a gospel song in the nursing home. She passed away a short time after this video at the age of 93.

https://youtu.be/7ODfN8WjCv4
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:44 pm

Bright Raven wrote:Mom grew up with oldtime gospel music. She sang and played the piano and organ. Before she married dad, she was a member of a trio that traveled and performed at revivals. You could be outside in the yard and hear her inside singing and playing her organ. Below is a short clip of her whistling a gospel song in the nursing home. She passed away a short time after this video at the age of 93.

I preach a night service at a local nursing home. Don't do it for myself, but I will admit it's very rewarding. Some truely forgotten soles reside there.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:10 pm

Bigfoot wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:Mom grew up with oldtime gospel music. She sang and played the piano and organ. Before she married dad, she was a member of a trio that traveled and performed at revivals. You could be outside in the yard and hear her inside singing and playing her organ. Below is a short clip of her whistling a gospel song in the nursing home. She passed away a short time after this video at the age of 93.

I preach a night service at a local nursing home. Don't do it for myself, but I will admit it's very rewarding. Some truely forgotten soles reside there.

You bet. My farm is only 3 miles from the Nursing Home where mom and dad spent their last days. They say it is very unusual that they were able to be in the same room. I met a lot of their neighbors. You cannot experience that without coming away unblemished.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:24 pm

He Is Risen!!

Luke 24:1-7

Now on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they, and certain other women with them, came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared. 2 But they found the stone rolled away from the tomb. 3 Then they went in and did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 And it happened, as they were greatly perplexed about this, that behold, two men stood by them in shining garments. 5 Then, as they were afraid and bowed their faces to the earth, they said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead? 6 He is not here, but is risen! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee, 7 saying, ‘The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.’”

Happy Eater!!
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

A.J.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby A.J. » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:05 pm

He is risen indeed! What a morning that must have been. I can never thank Him enough for dying for an ol sinner like me. All blessing and honor and glory to His name! Happy Easter everyone!
0 x

SIMMGAL
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby SIMMGAL » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:15 pm

Happy Easter, everyone! Hope you got to spend this wonderful day with your families and friends!

:cboy:
0 x
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cattle and that's pretty much the same thing as far as I'm concerned! ;-)

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:49 am

We are blessed beyond belief. Lord, we shouldn't need reminders of all you provide for us but we do thank you so much for each wonderful day and precious person you place in our lives that does remind us of your love and grace.

2 Thessalonians 1:11-12
"That is why we always pray for you, asking God to help you live the kind of life He called you to live. We pray that with His power, God will help you do the good things you want and perform the good works that come from your faith. We pray all this so that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ will have glory in you, and you will have glory in Him. That glory comes from the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ."
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:57 am

Our attitude can change our outlook. If we can keep in our minds and hearts the promises of God and not the temptations of the world, what an amazing, positive adjustment those attitudes will take.

Hebrews 10:35-38
"So do not lose the courage you had in the past, which has a great reward. You must hold on, so you can do what God wants and receive what He has promised... Those who are right with me will live by faith."
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Mon May 01, 2017 7:39 am

Here is a good verse to start the week off with because if you can get this first part right, I promise that your week will be better. Humble yourselves is the command. "Humble" in the Greek means to make lowly. So, make yourself lowly...don't put yourself ahead of others. Don't think more of yourself than you think of others. The church should be full of lowliness. Bible teacher T.W. Hunt said "one day the church will be what the church was designed to be...an association of the lowly." It is supposed to be an association of the humble. And look at the promise...God will lift you up in just the right time. His time is always best and He will come through for you and for me. I believe and trust His Word!

1 Peter 5:6
So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time He will lift you up in honor.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue May 02, 2017 7:36 am

Frustration can lead to so many other negative emotions. Lord, we ask that you help us to step back and look at each situation as an opportunity to complete your plan for that moment, following your will.

Romans 8:28
"We know that in everything, God works for the good of those who love Him. They are the people He called because that was His plan."
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Thu May 04, 2017 8:27 am

Every single day you and I encounter people who have anxiety that is weighing down their hearts. Some days that is you and some days it is me. Two applications from this verse: #1 God wants to help you with your anxiety. He actually wants you to give Him your anxiety, to cast your cares upon Him. Anxiety usually indicates worry. I heard a preacher say one time that if you are worrying, you can't be praying. Give Him your worry and continue your prayers. #2 Out of all ll of those people that you will encounter today...will you say a kind word to cheer up their heart? It is so easy. It just takes a few seconds and it takes you being intentional... intentional to encourage instead of discourage and intentional to take the time to do it. Ask God to prompt you to do this all day long.

Proverbs 12:25
25 Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:51 pm

Love is not just a feeling. Love is a choice. Jesus chooses us and loves us even during the times when we may be unlovable. He calls us to love the same way.

Isaiah 41:13
"I am the Lord your God, who holds your right hand, and I tell you, 'Don't be afraid. I will help you.'"
0 x

OwnedByTheCow
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby OwnedByTheCow » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:20 pm

Thank you TN, I needed to read this today.
0 x
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.
Ghandi

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:30 am

Worry may be one of the most difficult things to NOT do. We should listen & trust God's Word. We can't change the past but we can certainly pray for the present and the future. He knows our trials, He is there for us, to comfort us during the sad times, and to lead us through them TO HIM. He is our rock and our redeemer.

Matthew 6:25-34
"So I tell you, don't worry... Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothes... You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it... Seek first God's kingdom & what God wants. Then all your other needs will be met. So don't worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will have its own worries."
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”