Daily Inspiration!

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
wv mud river
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby wv mud river » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:56 pm

me too. just what I needed about now. please pray for our family. God knows our needs
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:12 pm

Yes He does wv Mud River!

Prayers to you and your family!
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:27 pm

Psalm 42:1-3

1 As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, my God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?
3 My tears have been my food
day and night,
while people say to me all day long,
“Where is your God?”

The analogy of thirst is often used in the Bible. In our modern age, many of us have never experienced hunger much less thirst. In biblical times, people were well aware of what it was to thirst. A single well may have been used to supply a town, or maybe even a very large geographic area. People had to travel to get their water. The average person in biblical times, knew what the overwhelming feeling of thirst was, and they knew how powerful it was. When they read verses like these they understood the severity of the situation

These bible verses have been displayed in paintings before. Often as a doe standing by a stream sipping water. A very tranquil scene when you look at it. I picture something totally different. I see a deer that has traveled great distance in search of water, perhaps a deer that has been chased by something or someone. I see a deer that truly "pants" for water, and if doesn't get the water it will surely die.

My self included, when I say today's society. In today's society, we have never experienced what it is to thirst. Something to drink is available at every turn. When we read scriptures like this, the analogy of thirst falls on a deaf ear. We simply have never been that thirsty for liquid. Thirsty to the point of panting, thirsty to the point of desperation. We can't imagine what it is to need water that bad. Like wise for some reason, we don't thirst for God. Our souls should "pant" for God. We should seek him daily. We should seek the saving grace, that only the living water can bring to us.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

Williamsv
GURU
GURU

Postby Williamsv » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:27 pm

That is beautiful scripture. You did such a great job telling about it. No,we have no idea what it is like to thirst and we have forgotten all about our Lord. I pray that America will soon wake up and truly thirst for God's Word again.
I often play the hymn "As the Deer," which is based on this beautiful Psalm as a prelude at church.
Thank you for sharing these wonderful posts. They are always a blessing to me.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:11 pm

I feel like I'm taking over here, if I need to slow down a little, please feel free to tell me.

Jesus Heals Ten Men With Leprosy

11 Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. 12 As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy[b] met him. They stood at a distance 13 and called out in a loud voice, “Jesus, Master, have pity on us!”

14 When he saw them, he said, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went, they were cleansed.

15 One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. 16 He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.

17 Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? 18 Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner?” 19 Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.”

In these verses, Jesus heals 10 men with leprosy. Its interesting in that only 1 man takes time thank Jesus. You would think that a person ravaged by a debilitating illness, would infact take the time to say thank you.

Is Jesus mercy, and grace given so abundantly, that we take it for granted? Has it been at our finger tips, and our disposal for so many years, that we often don't take time to say, "Thank You"?

Are the blessings in our lives, so common place to us that we forget where they came from?

A challenge everyone to do something very humbling next payday. When you pull in the bank to deposit your check. Pull in a parking space, and put your check on your knee. Take a few minutes to talk to God. Not to ask for something, but to thank God for the fact that all of your needs are met.
0 x

Williamsv
GURU
GURU

Postby Williamsv » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:09 pm

Please continue your post. Every time you write,it is always something that I need to hear and apply to my life. You are a blessing to me,and I am sure to many others as we strive to live for The Lord in this troubled world.
0 x

wv mud river
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby wv mud river » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:13 pm

amen brother. sometimes I would complain about going to work. about being burned out, hated my job. then our church started visiting nursing homes. I thought what these people wouldn't give to be able to get up and do a days work.just looking at the ceiling 24/7. all of a sudden my job did not seem so bad. praise God I have a income and the health to work.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:07 pm

1 John 2:15-17

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.

as a child, I used to love to visit my grandparents. It was the 1970's, but they clung to the old ways. They electricity, but no bathroom. A radio, but no TV. There was almost nothing to do while you were at there house, except to entertain yourself. My favorite past time was to build a little makeshift boat. I would take a scrap of lumber, and drive a nail in it. I would then take a corn shuck, and lace it down over the nail. In no way did it look like a sail boat, but in my mind, that's exactly what it was. I would put my sailboat in the creek, than ran along the edges of their farm. I used to love watch it, as it sailed along. In the narrow shallow places in the creek, it would skip along at high speed. In the wide deep places, it would drift along slowly. I often wondered what it would be like to follow that little sailboat as far as it would go.

The problem with my philosophy was simple. One of two things would always happen to me. I would either get so far from the safety of my grandparents house, that I would literally get scared, and come running back home. Other times I would follow, the sailboat untill i literally got tired of walking. In both instances, I would abondon my "prize possession", and return my grandparents house.

I find that as an adult, I haven't changed much, but the stakes have changed. I cling to to this world. I cling to my possessions. I follow my desire to see where they go, and to see where they take me. I question how long I will chase this world. How long will I cling to my possessions? How long I will make them my first priority? Shamefully, I will probably cling to them, untill I get scared. When I have distanced myself so far from God, that I come running back. Just as I did as a child.

This world is not our home, but the treasures here offer a false sense of security. That false sense of security can cause us to have misplaced faith. Faith in ourselves, and not faith in God.
0 x

torogmc81
Rancher
Rancher

Postby torogmc81 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:16 pm

Thank you for sharing that verse. Inspiration and motivational
0 x

Williamsv
GURU
GURU

Postby Williamsv » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:20 pm

I appreciate you sharing those verses and your thoughts along with them.I needed to hear that and think about it myself.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:12 am

Facing Giants--------Some thoughts

I don't read the Old Testament as much as do the New. I've been reading some about Gods chosen people lately. Just some thoughts I've had...........

In these verses the 12 spies have just returned from the promised land. All of them reported that the land flowed with milk and honey. The problem was that 10 of the 12 reported that the land was filled with Giants that would squash them if they tried to enter. Only Joshua, and Caleb reported that the enemy could be defeated.

Here is how the chosen people reacted:

Numbers 14. 1-4
That night all the members of the community raised their voices and wept aloud. 2 All the Israelites grumbled against Moses and Aaron, and the whole assembly said to them, “If only we had died in Egypt! Or in this wilderness! 3 Why is the Lord bringing us to this land only to let us fall by the sword? Our wives and children will be taken as plunder. Wouldn’t it be better for us to go back to Egypt?” 4 And they said to each other, “We should choose a leader and go back to Egypt.”

For their lack of faith, God intended to punish them. Moses stepped in, and pleaded for the Isrealites. God conceded to let them live, but punished them with 40 more years of wandering. Only their decendants could enter the promised land.

When you read the whole story: their release from slavery, Moses parting the sea, their being fed in the wilderness, and all the other miracles leading up to them reaching Canaan, you wonder--------What were they thinking---------How could they have come so far, and doubt that God would help them defeat the Giants that inhabited Canaan? How could they deny all the many miracles, and also deny God? You would think that if anybody understood a Gods power, it would be them. Really if you think about it, they got off pretty lucky. Atleast their children got to enter the promised land. It's hard to belive that a few Giants here on earth made them turn their backs God.

When I think about myself, I realize that I have also let giants keep me from experiencing God. I feel like my giants will defeat me as well. That they will crush me if I stand up to them. Pride won't let me tell you what all of my Giants are, but they exist for me. Maybe some day, as easily as David slew his giant, with one smooth stone, I will stand up to mine.

The fear of giants, keeps many (including myself) from truely experiencing the closeness that we should have with God.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:30 pm

John 16:33

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

Hook
GURU
GURU

Postby Hook » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:31 pm

I'm glad this is allowed. Guess the atheists among us haven't complained yet
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:36 pm

Hook wrote:I'm glad this is allowed. Guess the atheists among us haven't complained yet

Shhhhhh they'll find our hideing spot.
0 x

Williamsv
GURU
GURU

Postby Williamsv » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:01 pm

What a blessing these wonderful words of comfort are! Thank you.
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”