Daily Inspiration!

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Sunfish
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby Sunfish » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:07 pm

James 3:6-7

6The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by be nice.
7All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, 8but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison
0 x

melking
GURU
GURU

Postby melking » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:25 pm

Hook wrote:I'm glad this is allowed. Guess the atheists among us haven't complained yet

Wow, really Hook. You couldn't just let it be what it was without the dig?
0 x
One thing you will never hear a southern boy say....Duct tape won't fix that, except, even duct tape can't fix stupid. It can, however, muffle it.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:40 pm

Since it's daily inspiration which does not necessarily require that it be strictly from scripture I'll add this one:

When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

Stephen Roberts

Now ol' Stephen was an atheist but certainly give some people food for thought.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:34 pm

TexasBred wrote:Since it's daily inspiration which does not necessarily require that it be strictly from scripture I'll add this one:

When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

Stephen Roberts

I have no problem dismissing all other "gods"... or Mr. Roberts himself for that matter.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:57 pm

Just as sure as the sun rises, were gonna kill this thread to.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

Williamsv
GURU
GURU

Postby Williamsv » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:06 am

I hope not. I like Daily Inspiration.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:29 am

Williamsv wrote:I hope not. I like Daily Inspiration.

I hadn't put anything on it, in a month or so. I didn't think anybody read it but me and you :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:14 am

Bigfoot wrote:
Williamsv wrote:I hope not. I like Daily Inspiration.

I hadn't put anything on it, in a month or so. I didn't think anybody read it but me and you :lol: :lol: :lol:

I read it... heck, I started it, unfortunately I have been extremely busy lately and don't get to post as often as I would like. I hope "they" will leave us alone on this thread and let us continue with it.

Brian
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

Sunfish
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Sunfish » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:22 am

Christians, at times, can be very severe in their treatment of non-Christians. What does the Bible teach us? How did Jesus treat sinners?

Jesus said to them, "
He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first." And again He stooped down and wrote on the ground. Then those who heard it, being convicted by their conscience, went out one by one, beginning with the oldest even to the last. And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, "Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?"

She said, "No one, Lord."

And Jesus said to her, "Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more."

No one is without sin
Only one man is perfect
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:41 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
TexasBred wrote:Since it's daily inspiration which does not necessarily require that it be strictly from scripture I'll add this one:

Stephen Roberts

I have no problem dismissing all other "gods"... or Mr. Roberts himself for that matter.

Then you also understand why HE can so easily dismiss our God.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:43 am

Bigfoot wrote:Just as sure as the sun rises, were gonna kill this thread to.

Why?? Noone is mad. Noone is being disruptive or causing problems. Simply trying to "inspire" or give deep thought to some things.
0 x

Deepsouth
GURU
GURU
Location: where the Mason-Dixon line is considered the far north

Postby Deepsouth » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:37 pm

I'm not mormon and I don't believe longfellow was either but this is pretty inspiring.

Longfellow's Christmas - Edward K. Herrmann and t…: http://youtu.be/XJQ2ajszyhU
0 x
I don't plant taters and I don't plant cotton but I keep rolling along.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:16 pm

Deepsouth wrote:I'm not mormon and I don't believe longfellow was either but this is pretty inspiring.

Longfellow's Christmas - Edward K. Herrmann and t…: http://youtu.be/XJQ2ajszyhU

:lol: :lol: I don't worship statues either but you'll never convince some. :nod: ;-)
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:17 pm

Saul’s Conversion

9 Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord’s disciples. He went to the high priest 2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem. 3 As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”

5 “Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked.

“I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied. 6 “Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”

7 The men traveling with Saul stood there speechless; they heard the sound but did not see anyone. 8 Saul got up from the ground, but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing. So they led him by the hand into Damascus. 9 For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything.

10 In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, “Ananias!”

“Yes, Lord,” he answered.

11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”

13 “Lord,” Ananias answered, “I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem. 14 And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name.”

15 But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. 16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”

17 Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord—Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here—has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” 18 Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized, 19 and after taking some food, he regained his strength.

A story, that all Christians are familiar with. The conversion of Saul. Saul was a complete stumbling block to the growth of the early church. He persecuted and punished everyone that got in his way. God could have dealt with him in many ways. A vindictive God could have really made a mockery of Saul. God chose to use Saul. Saul became an instrument. God saw use in Saul.

When Saul had been struck down.
When Saul was flat on his back.
When Saul was blind.
When Saul was needing guidance.

God sent Ananias, but Ananias didn't have any interest in going. Ananias knew Saul's reputation, and he knew what Saul was in town to do. Saul struck fear in the hearts of men, and Ananias didn't want any part of it.

As we all know, Saul went on to be known as the apostle Paul. He wrote much of the new testament. Paul, and the stories and letters he left behind have been the catalyst, and seed for many peoples journey down a Christian path. Saul's entire life, became a testament to the power of Jesus Christ.

WELL.......................What about Ananias? We often forget about his contribution. He wasn't note worthy in his time. He wasn't great in the eyes of many. He never preached a sermon heard by thousands. He was never the instrument of conversion for thousands up on thousands..........................or was he? Did his ability to answer Gods call, and his ability to face his fear of what Saul might do really help change the face of Christianity?

As Christians, may we never forget what the conversion of one person may lead to.
0 x

Williamsv
GURU
GURU

Postby Williamsv » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:46 pm

We never know what impact one truly dedicated person can have on the world. Thank you for your thoughts. I always get a blessing from them and they make me see things that I probably would not take time to look at or think about in the busyness of my life.
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”