wifes got stomach cancer

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
bball
GURU
GURU

Re: wifes got stomach cancer

Postby bball » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:31 pm

Hey Gary, very cool with the lantern! Another thing you may consider, if you haven't already, is planting a tree on his mothers birthday together. We have an 11 year old apple tree now that is 'mom's' tree. The kid's love that tree and still talk about the day we planted it in her honor. There are lots of therapeutic things to help both of you. Best wishes for you all.
2 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.
-Anais Nin

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:09 pm

Gary,
Although we have never met, I too think of you and your son often, and send you good thoughts through the universe. Beautiful lantern, beautiful son.
If it helps, tell us something about your wife, maybe a funny story or something she liked to do. We lost my nephew suddenly at age 10, and one of the hardest parts has been that loss of just hearing his name. (His name was Jimmy).
Tell me something about your beautiful Angel, if you would like?
0 x

WalnutCrest
GURU
GURU

Postby WalnutCrest » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:38 pm

dieselbeef wrote:been a yr today...were hangin in there....hasn't got much easier....

Somehow I managed to miss the last ten pages of this thread ... my eyes are full and my heart is broken for you.

An idea for Gage ... when he's trying to figure something that he may have wanted to ask his mom for help (or you may have deferred to her about) all him what he thinks mom may tell him as advice. There is a good chance that he knew her well enough to know what her advice would be ... and this would help with her memory (and help you parent him asking side your bride even though she's not there physically to help; she is emotionally and mentally; foster this memories and they'll become more powerful and helpful (hopefully)).

May the Lord give you strength and peace and may He give you patience with each other as you learn how to do this.
0 x
Fullblood Aubrac & Mashona Cattle

djinwa
GURU
GURU

Postby djinwa » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:21 am

Don't come here often, but add me to those who are feeling for you. Hope we can lessen the pain.

"Life is what happens while you're making other plans"

Have to be grateful for whatever time we get.
0 x
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
-Mahatma Ghandi

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:45 am

Takes a lot of moxy to do what you are doing, DB. I have a nephew raising twins (boy and girl) on his own and I see his struggles. Be strong and our prayers are still going up for you.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:07 am

hey jan gages arm has healed up just fine thankfully....

all our family is in Ohio so we get there a cpl times a yr maybe....we pretty much got it on our own. moms 79 and although she still kicking the crap out of life she isn't mom...gage spends time with her on long weekend so we see her a cpl times a month..she's also 100 mi away

weve got a cpl of angels friends we lean on and his afterschool teacher was a pal of angels so she gives me a place to lean occaisionally. her and her family are really good people.

hook man I was actually just thinkin of you the other day..don't kow why just was wondering what ya been doing....

I really am a one man show anymore so I stay busy as all git out (one of angels favorite saying right there). nothing like laundry/cooking/cleaning/homework to use up all yer extra time when yer not making a buck...

thank god she left me that little boy...id be in a bad place without having to look after him and make sure hes gonna be set for life....
2 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

Return to “Coffee Shop”