Losing Hair Down The Back?

Cattle problems.
BK9954
GURU
GURU

Losing Hair Down The Back?

Postby BK9954 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:02 pm

I have a young jersey bull losing hair down the back. I have seen it on necks from hay rings but never on a cows whole back, this goes almost to his tail. Havent seen him jump through the ring. Any idea if there would be another cause. 2 things different in the last 2 weeks. I sprayed fly spray on all my cattle 2 weeks ago, and I put a new hiefer I just bought a week ago with this jersey and the heifer he was already with.
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

RanchMan90
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Losing Hair Down The Back?

Postby RanchMan90 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:45 pm

Lice. Cydectin should treat that.
Success is not a station on the railroad where you get off and your life's work is complete. Success is the train itself ~ Allan Nation

BK9954
GURU
GURU

Postby BK9954 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:14 pm

RanchMan90 wrote:Lice. Cydectin should treat that.

Thats what I use. He is the only one who didnt get it. When I bought him 4 months ago the guy said he was good and had everything. I usually do all new buys over again just in case but wasnt planning on keeping him very long. Thanks, never seen lice before. I will get him treated.
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

MRRherefords
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby MRRherefords » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:19 pm

Lice have been horrible for us this year. We have treated it like crazy and still some are still itching.

Return to “Health & Nutrition”