This Will Make You Have A Bad Day

Cattle problems.
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Re: This Will Make You Have A Bad Day

Postby Nesikep » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:47 am

Well.. that sucks regardless of the cause.
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:14 am

Just throwing out an observation... How much lightening did you guys have down there yesterday? Had some cattle last year that looked just like that due to being struck. Very sorry about your luck!!
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

SIMMGAL
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby SIMMGAL » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Sorry to hear that! I'm also curious as to why!
0 x
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cattle and that's pretty much the same thing as far as I'm concerned! ;-)

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:42 pm

Bleeding out of the mouth but not the nose by the looks of pic and foaming(not pink but white) out of nose...is this what I'm seeing Ol ' 243??? No blood out of nose?
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

milkmaid
GURU
GURU

Postby milkmaid » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:34 pm

Not going to find pneumonia, peritonitis, liver abcesses, urinary tract problems, or hardware in the brainstem... didn't they cut the entire bull open?
0 x
Basics needed to answer questions: age, weight, breed, sex. # affected vs # in group, feed type/amount, prior vaccinations, deworming, antibiotics, any recent changes....

More info = better answers.

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ol' 243 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:19 pm

alisonb wrote:Bleeding out of the mouth but not the nose by the looks of pic and foaming(not pink but white) out of nose...is this what I'm seeing Ol ' 243??? No blood out of nose?

Yes sir, all correct.
0 x

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:11 am

Ol' 243 wrote:I noticed he was a little slow the last couple of days, but never down or not eating.
Any staggering perhaps? Did it look like there was a lot of leg thrashing where he died? Seems like he went into a coma. Taking the time of year into consideration could it be possible that he had Grass Tetany?
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:35 am

Another thought...how about Prussic Acid poisoning?
0 x

Koffi Babone
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Koffi Babone » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:56 am

milkmaid wrote:Not going to find pneumonia, peritonitis, liver abcesses, urinary tract problems, or hardware in the brainstem... didn't they cut the entire bull open?

My thoughts exactly.....
0 x

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:08 pm

But if you think about it... Animal seemed like it was in good condition, if it was something like pneumonia, peritonitis, liver abscesses, urinary tract problems or hardware the animal would have had shown some symptoms such as diarrhea, weight loss, heavy breathing, coughing etc. The OP just says that bull was a little slow for a couple of days.

Hope he gets to the bottom of it...
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:21 pm

milkmaid wrote:Not going to find pneumonia, peritonitis, liver abcesses, urinary tract problems, or hardware in the brainstem...
didn't they cut the entire bull open?

They paid him $100 for the brain stem. He didn't pay for any postmortem work.
Auburn doesn't care why the bull died, the owner will never hear from them again.

They only wanted the brain stem for work on their experimental mind control device research for killer robots after
their colossal failure of trying to develop a secret race of 'pig people' warriors to invade North Korea.
All very Top Secret research. Only those of us who have gone through and passed the government ESP program have
the awareness of what's up. Now that City Guy is missing too... well you can connect the dots for yourself... but...
The Truth Is Out There.
:)
Last edited by Son of Butch on Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:26 pm

:shock: :lol: Poor 'ol City Guy...
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:40 pm

alisonb wrote:But if you think about it... Animal seemed like it was in good condition, if it was something like pneumonia, peritonitis, liver abscesses, urinary tract problems or hardware the animal would have had shown some symptoms such as diarrhea, weight loss, heavy breathing, coughing etc.
The OP just says that bull was a little slow for a couple of days.
Well of course it was, ya can't just yank out a fresh untreated brain stem, otherwise they'd just go to the slaughter house.

Hope he gets to the bottom of it...
Be careful what you wish for... South Africa may be next ;-)
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:47 pm

alisonb wrote:Bleeding out of the mouth but not the nose by the looks of pic and foaming(not pink but white) out of nose...is this what I'm seeing Ol ' 243??? No blood out of nose?

You seem to have a lot of questions.... you do realize curiosity killed the cat... hate to see anything happen to your
pretty little avator
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:53 pm

Son of Butch wrote:

You seem to have a lot of questions.... you do realize curiosity killed the cat... hate to see anything happen to your
pretty little avator

HAHA , somehow I don't think that's gonna be a an Issue
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Return to “Health & Nutrition”