Fly attack

Cattle problems.
ddd75
GURU
GURU

Re: Fly attack

Postby ddd75 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:23 am

i ddin't see 1 horse/ deer fly where I lived before.. now that I moved they are here and they are terrible little sh!ts! they don't move off the cows sucking all that blood.. you kill one by hand and they have a ton of blood in them.
0 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:23 am

i'm building a bunch of bat and purple martin houses and putting them in all pastures.. hope that helps.
0 x

reeler
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby reeler » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:22 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
reeler wrote:
Txpiney wrote:Put some pyrethrum in a pump up sprayer and spray their legs and under sides

Thanks, the pour-on doesn't seem to phase them.

You can't use the same insecticide pour year after year they become immune.
You have to use a multiple prong approach on fly management from rubs,IGR, sprays or pour on.
The type of fly your fighting is important as well, house,horn or heel knowing their breeding cycle, environment they prefer to fight the battle. You can spend a ton on chemicals that are not particularly effective on the enemy.

Thanks, thinking about installing a rub. My husband is thinking about shooting these deerflies with my 22 loaded with birdshot :mrgreen:
0 x

reeler
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby reeler » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:24 am

ddd75 wrote:i'm building a bunch of bat and purple martin houses and putting them in all pastures.. hope that helps.

Great idea!!
0 x

Return to “Health & Nutrition”