Cattle warts?

Cattle problems.
MtnCows93
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Cattle warts?

Postby MtnCows93 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:24 pm

ive got a 18 month old bull with warts popping up, some penny sized ones on the belly and one on the neck, also some small ones around the eyes and a small one on the nose. would you guys be worried about the warts getting bigger or affecting the bulls eyes or tool? or causing the calves to get warts? my neighbor had calves get warts this year and they were gray and got the size or about 1/3 or your fist
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:04 pm

crush and pull off a couple of them. That should kick his immune system in and he will get rid of them.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

MtnCows93
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby MtnCows93 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:21 pm

tomorrow im gonna put a bucket of feed down and grab the wart on his neck with pliers and yank it off, hopefully he wont kill me haha, i actually put some grease on one on his neck and above his eye i heard that will make them fall off, theres one on his ballsack too and i aint about to go down there with pliers
0 x

bigbruh
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby bigbruh » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:13 am

I have a pregnant heifer with warts on her teats. Any special precaution dealing with that area.?
0 x

ClinchValley
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ClinchValley » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:36 am

bigbruh wrote:I have a pregnant heifer with warts on her teats. Any special precaution dealing with that area.?

I had the same situation happen earlier this summer. I let them go. When she calved the calf nursed just fine. Next day i noticed they were gone. I'm going to assume the calf ingested them. Not sure if that's a bad thing or not. The calf hasn't had any yet. Going on 3 months old I believe.

I suppose it could have given the calf a sort of immunity...
0 x
I am forever in the pursuit of more knowledge and wisdom. For I will always be "green."

Return to “Health & Nutrition”