Bronze streak

Cattle problems.
Tomcolvin
Cowhand
Cowhand

Bronze streak

Postby Tomcolvin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:20 pm

This may or may not be a problem but with goats it would be. I have a calf that is 4 months old and I have noticed a bronze streak down the middle of her back. I hope photo loads for me so you can see it. If she where a goat it would be mineral deficency. What do you think?

Angus86
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Bronze streak

Postby Angus86 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:27 pm

Like goats it is caused by a copper deficiency. Copper deficiency can do the same to black cows giving them a reddish color in certain areas. Make sure you have a good mineral with ample and proper copper and it should correct itself if that is indeed the cause.

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:59 pm

I think with her it's the fact that she is part Jersey.
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:22 am

KT, that's a fact?

If it isn't caused by breed, my next culprit would be copper deficiency as well.
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:37 am

Nesikep wrote:KT, that's a fact?

If it isn't caused by breed, my next culprit would be copper deficiency as well.

I can't confirm it by head shape, but nose, ears and overall dairyness lead me to fully believe HoJo as well.

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:46 am

I'm seeing a lot of Holstein.. not impossible to have any other breed in there either of course
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Tomcolvin
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Tomcolvin » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:14 pm

Do you think I should give her about 8 grams of copper bolus? I give a grown goat 4 grams. ?

Return to “Health & Nutrition”