question on hoof trimming

Cattle problems.
Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Re: question on hoof trimming

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:58 am

Serendepatis this thread came up. Checking cows yesterday evening, and I notice a cow not getting around too good. Long front feet. Had never spied it before. Now one hoof wall seems to be separating. Wish I had seen it earlier. Not sure she can be helped. Couldn't even find her this morning.
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

gizmom
GURU
GURU

Postby gizmom » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:50 pm

The group of cull cows and calves made the trip to town this morning. Between rain, VBS this morning was my first chance to get a photo of the cow were culling for bad back wheels. I took them with my phone so now the best photos.

B24 she is being sent to town along with her heifer calf, really sickle hocked, her calf isn't as bad but not going to keep her as a breeder. I swear I don't know how she managed to stay on the farm, she is actually bred back AI'd to SAV Renoun yep my face is red.

This is the back feet of a commercial cow that has been used as a recip for many years. The boss told me not to dare put another egg in her (she always stuck). He put his foot down and said he wasn't dealing with her bad feet another year. So her last ET calf is weaned she did breed back to the bull and she gets to go to town.

This is a bred heifer, bred AI really nice heifer but crazy as a loon notice she is fixing to bolt as the photo was taken. Keeping one that acts nuts just gets the rest of them stirred up.

We also sent another open and some poor performing calves. I just call that cash flow.

gizmom
Respect give it to get it!

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:07 pm

Looks like you have made good calls on these. Too bad on the temperament, she looks like a real nice heifer.
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

Return to “Health & Nutrition”