Insecticide suggestions

Cattle problems.
Aaron
GURU
GURU

Insecticide suggestions

Postby Aaron » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:24 am

Had two 10' rubs that I bought years ago, cattle were always terrified of them. Tried 2 years and gave up on them - put them on wall of shed.

Did some experimenting on a mineral tub. Took a 10' rub and tied it under the flap of the rubber using the face flyps that go with the rub. Drilled (15) 1/2" holes in rubber lid - roughly 8" apart and 3" from edge. Seen a commercial product that did basically the same thing and thought it should work.

What is the suggestion for best insecticide? I was thinking Ultra Boss with diesel, but maybe Ultra Sabre instead?

Adds a fair bit of weight to the flap, but the cows have no problem getting under it.

0 x
Nothin' prettier than a red Ford truck, a Massey Ferguson tractor and a red-n-white Hereford sittin' on the farm.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: Insecticide suggestions

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:21 am

Aaron: What is the suggestion for best insecticide? I was thinking Ultra Boss with diesel, but maybe Ultra Sabre instead?

Ultra boss is a broader spectrum insecticide than Ultra sabre. Ultra sabre is lambdacyhalothrin and piperonyl butoxide for control of horn flies and lice. Whereas Ultra Boss is permethrin synergized with piperonyl butoxide. Ultra Boss controls a broad spectrum of ectoparasites - lice, horn flies and face flies, and to aid in the control of horse flies, stable flies, mosquitoes, black flies and ticks.

Lambdacyhalothrin has a record of being very effective which is a strong favor for sabre but I like the boss for control of a broader range of ectoparasites and pests.
0 x

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:29 am

I use 1 Oz of 30% permerthrin with 1 Oz of prolate per gallon. Add a little soap to help the water soluble bind with the oil.
0 x
I'm Conservative so you can be Liberal.

rony albert
Beginner
Beginner

Postby rony albert » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:30 pm

Ivermectin spray is best of all!
Disease
Drugs
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:43 pm

0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Return to “Health & Nutrition”