White pussballs like ant bites on cows

Cattle problems.
dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

White pussballs like ant bites on cows

Postby dieselbeef » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:59 am

They look like they got attacked by fire ants. Cows got tons of em. I know it's a fly bite but never seen em before like this. Just went to another pasture and within a week covered in these. raining everyday so the backrub probly isn't working too well. Sprayed em with permethrin. I know why they are all bunched together know. These flies are tiny little biters.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Re: White pussballs like ant bites on cows

Postby Nesikep » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:49 pm

we have some tiny flies not much bigger than a fruit fly, and they take a chunk out. never seen any puss balls from them, but they leave a bloody hole, and then the cows lick it raw.
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:58 pm

horn flies, they hard on cattle....https://entomology.ca.uky.edu/ef509
Bigfoot, hide and seek champion for over 50 years....

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:14 pm

yea..i got a cpl pics. I knew what it was just wasn't thinkin of the name....sprayed em yesterday and hardly a fly on em today. between that and the rub I think theyre a lot better. and more spread out in the pasture too so looking good. I thought they were bunched up an awful lot but its been torrential rains til dark by the time I get home I aint seen em in a week or so cept from inside the barn 1000 ft away . thought it might've been the rain but I knew it was flies dangit
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:45 am

cpl of em had it a little worse than this..shows up more on the black ones but that's the bite....
einstein

Return to “Health & Nutrition”