Purina Accuration...any comments?

Cattle problems.
Banjo
GURU
GURU

Purina Accuration...any comments?

Postby Banjo » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:52 am

Heard an interesting sales pitch about Purinas Accuration product recently. It comes in tubs or liquid tank. Only supposed to consume it in relation to how good or poor your grass or hay is. Its to help them maintain a good body score condition during poor quality grass or hay intake.
Has any body tried it or currently using it?

That's my opinion.....feel free to make it yours.

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Re: Purina Accuration...any comments?

Postby cowgirl8 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:21 am

We fed something that was called accuration back in the 90s. Came in a meal form and was mixed with fish oil to self limit the cows. We had big rented feeders in every pasture and had someone deliver it. I really don't remember how the cows did, but we quit using it so i'm guessing the guys decided we didn't need it.
I can get a heck of a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking my head up a bull's a22, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:04 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:We fed something that was called accuration back in the 90s. Came in a meal form and was mixed with fish oil to self limit the cows. We had big rented feeders in every pasture and had someone deliver it. I really don't remember how the cows did, but we quit using it so i'm guessing the guys decided we didn't need it.

That was the original "Accuration". They still make it, it's a good product but usually pretty expensive but has a very high energy level and will put pounds on your cattle. They added the name "Accuration" to several other products now. Most all liquids and tubs are formulated to limit intake to a certain amount. The all will compliment your roughage. Talk to about anybody and they have good results with what they use....just about an equal number will cuss the stuff they used. Everybody has an opinion based on experience.
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

littletom
Rancher
Rancher

Postby littletom » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:12 pm

I bought one bag of purina mineral several years ago. It had two bolts and a link of conveyer chain it. I will never buy anything they sell ever. I sure it was very random, but it turned me off real fast.

Return to “Health & Nutrition”