Any opinions on products like Safe Gaurd deworming blocks

Cattle problems.
snoopdog
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Any opinions on products like Safe Gaurd deworming blocks

Postby snoopdog » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:53 am

Weve used the blocks and pellets before , I believe the pellets are more economical than the blocks. We now use injectable because of the resistance issue and economic reasons .
0 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:05 pm

As mentioned, they are better than nothing. If you have the ability to work your cows, you are so much better off using something for each individual animal by weight. If you don't have a way to work your cows, than go for it. But, IMHO, noone should own cattle if they can't handle them in some kind of work facility. Doesn't have to be fancy, but you need to be able to catch your cattle individually for unknown problems. Safeguard is a really good produce. I would use their drench.
0 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

kilroy60
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby kilroy60 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:55 am

I've used them once but was not a fan of them. They are pricey and you're not sure if all are getting the amount needed.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:49 pm

kilroy60 wrote:I've used them once but was not a fan of them. They are pricey and you're not sure if all are getting the amount needed.

Dosages for most all wormers are based on weight of the animal. Most of us "guess" at that so we never know if we gave them the right amount with and injectable or pour-on wormer. At least with Safeguard it's a three day process so intake should average out to recommended amount. Never seen one just flat refuse it.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Return to “Health & Nutrition”