Poop questions

Cattle problems.
Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:58 pm

Re: Poop questions

Postby Highpoint » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:15 pm

Jeanne - Simme Valley wrote:First, there was a 25# difference between organic & inorganic mineral. Organic minerals are trace minerals that are easily absorbed by their body. Organic trace minerals are about the only thing I purchase that has any organic anything (including people food).


I too use all organic for myself but the organic I am testing is a very small molecule and is made with biomass (plants) not rocks. It has the ability to chelate which I have understood to accentuate other items fed or increase.

I was thankful to see the research on molasses on ph - the same applies for most nutrients. When there is an imbalance it causes a negative effect. Example someone eats too many salted chips throws potassium out of balance and can cause leg cramps.

Still much to learn.
0 x

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:58 pm

Re: Poop questions

Postby Highpoint » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:28 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Highpoint wrote:Thank you Texas Board that was good to know as the supplements I am using do chelate but are pennies compared to what is sold at coop. My tests have to include convince and costs but also insure good health. The poop I found today has gone back to a caked look but if protein is still needed I will include.


Then you're really not serious about herd health nor profitability. A bag of mineral containing chelates cost only a very few dollars more than one containing nothing but oxides and sulfates and over 90% of the chelated minerals are acutally utilized by the cattle instead of simply passing through and ending up on the ground. That is waste !!!! But I guess you can justify it by saying you are improving the soil by adding rock aka, oxides. I dont think you really want help or opinions. Just wants someone to be a sympathetic sounding board for your so called research. Best wishes.


I come at it in a different direction is all and yes I have read much than researched. Cattlemen talk in a different language which I am learning.

No I have not advocated adding rocks but I know plants absorb nutrients from them not as much cattle.

Also the board helped show me the imbalance which allowed me to research and correct. Not sure what offended you but have a great day anyway.
0 x

User avatar
TCRanch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2139
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:21 am
Location: Winfield, KS

Re: Poop questions

Postby TCRanch » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:54 pm

snoopdog wrote:My wife used to use vinegar in the water medicater of chicken houses when they had a loose stool. Two different digestive systems but Iimagine the same principle, someone can correct me if I'm wrong .

My husband sucks down a tablespoon of unfiltered vinegar every morning. It's done wonders for his digestive system & he's off RX Prilosec. ;-) I don't doubt the principle (although no way, no how would I drink vinegar).

That said, adding my 2 cents: more protein. Cubes, a lick, alfalfa, brome . . .
0 x

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28029
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Poop questions

Postby TexasBred » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:33 pm

Highpoint wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Highpoint wrote:Thank you Texas Board that was good to know as the supplements I am using do chelate but are pennies compared to what is sold at coop. My tests have to include convince and costs but also insure good health. The poop I found today has gone back to a caked look but if protein is still needed I will include.


Then you're really not serious about herd health nor profitability. A bag of mineral containing chelates cost only a very few dollars more than one containing nothing but oxides and sulfates and over 90% of the chelated minerals are acutally utilized by the cattle instead of simply passing through and ending up on the ground. That is waste !!!! But I guess you can justify it by saying you are improving the soil by adding rock aka, oxides. I dont think you really want help or opinions. Just wants someone to be a sympathetic sounding board for your so called research. Best wishes.


I come at it in a different direction is all and yes I have read much than researched. Cattlemen talk in a different language which I am learning.

No I have not advocated adding rocks but I know plants absorb nutrients from them not as much cattle.

Also the board helped show me the imbalance which allowed me to research and correct. Not sure what offended you but have a great day anyway.

I used the word rocks because when you feed minerals that are "Oxides" as in Zinc Oxide,etc. they are little more than rocks. Very fine ground rocks but still rocks.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:58 pm

Re: Poop questions

Postby Highpoint » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:49 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Highpoint wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Then you're really not serious about herd health nor profitability. A bag of mineral containing chelates cost only a very few dollars more than one containing nothing but oxides and sulfates and over 90% of the chelated minerals are acutally utilized by the cattle instead of simply passing through and ending up on the ground. That is waste !!!! But I guess you can justify it by saying you are improving the soil by adding rock aka, oxides. I dont think you really want help or opinions. Just wants someone to be a sympathetic sounding board for your so called research. Best wishes.


I come at it in a different direction is all and yes I have read much than researched. Cattlemen talk in a different language which I am learning.

No I have not advocated adding rocks but I know plants absorb nutrients from them not as much cattle.

Also the board helped show me the imbalance which allowed me to research and correct. Not sure what offended you but have a great day anyway.

I used the word rocks because when you feed minerals that are "Oxides" as in Zinc Oxide,etc. they are little more than rocks. Very fine ground rocks but still rocks.


Well I have not added rocks to soil or cattle diet. Certainly the dust coming from lime rocks on county road in front of pasture have made pasture greener. Not sure your argument here. Currently some feed companies are adding saw dust to feed and it is because saw dust have zinc, potassium, nitrogen, sulfur, trace minerals, ect. The product I am testing is liquified trees. AND by the way liquid in this form because of it being such a tiny molecule is showing to break down tau protein the the brains of humans with Alzhemers-a break through that if allowed to be seen by the US will make major impact as to date nothing has been shown to break down this or any other scar tissue until now. AND the boy who is having me test hasn't a clue.

When I hear organic I hear easily absorbed when I hear inorganic I hear could be flushed out and wasted like you indicated. You know like vitamins at Walmart or gnc that are not plant based. When I hear chelate I think attaches to others to increase. That one is still not totally clear and could take time.

I find very little about how cattle absorb nutrients in the stomachs. In humans most are absorbed in small intestines. If they have loose bowls the body absorbs very little. It would not matter how many vitamins you took.
this could be the case with cattle but not sure yet.

Do you think I have not learned by listening on this board? I listen than work to find out why. Why did the poop change and was it to the better. No I did not know that adding protein would offset molasses (sugar). For me it was just easier to stop feeding the molasses.

And probably to your surprise I am not convinced that totally grass fed is the healthiest. Example flax seed is high in omega 3 and causes great marbling. I read but until I try won't know.

Could it be we are both on the same page but attacking in different direction.
0 x

User avatar
Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7438
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:46 am
Location: Central Upstate New York
Contact:

Re: Poop questions

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:44 am

0 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:58 pm

Re: Poop questions

Postby Highpoint » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:26 am

Jeanne - Simme Valley wrote:Comparison research done by TAMU:
https://animalscience.tamu.edu/2013/12/ ... it-matter/

Yes they used to believe heart disease was caused by cholesterol and fat but now realize it is caused by inflammation. People are now looking for food that has good fat also also non-GMO because of many reports coming out. Here is one about the lungs https://allergicliving.com/2014/06/10/s ... lammation/

When creating all the genetically modified seeds they did not take into consideration that nature itself in the way of cells recognize foreign substances and tries to remove causing inflammation which causes heart disease diabetes and a host of other problems. They also talked people into thinking fat was bad. Goodness the brain is 75 % fat.

You may soon find vets testing for high vitamin d levels because it is the rate cells regenerate. It takes high good fat and one of those is from raw milk which mayo clinic used to use for cancer patients.

Many people now know about glycans and how they detox but also the health benefit is remarkable. Again we may be a few years away but right now everyone is looking for things that do not cause inflammation. Even the health of cattle is involved and probably the best report was from dr don Hubert before Purdue had to fire him when he came out with the report.
0 x

User avatar
Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7438
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:46 am
Location: Central Upstate New York
Contact:

Re: Poop questions

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:52 am

Hmmm - what to believe. First eggs no good, then butters not good, then fats no good.
I think you can drive yourself nuts reading every health report out there.
GMO's have decreased the amount of used chemicals by farmers.
GMO's have been around for centuries.
Eat a balanced meal.
0 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28029
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Poop questions

Postby TexasBred » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:03 pm

Highpoint wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Highpoint wrote:
I come at it in a different direction is all and yes I have read much than researched. Cattlemen talk in a different language which I am learning.

No I have not advocated adding rocks but I know plants absorb nutrients from them not as much cattle.

Also the board helped show me the imbalance which allowed me to research and correct. Not sure what offended you but have a great day anyway.

I used the word rocks because when you feed minerals that are "Oxides" as in Zinc Oxide,etc. they are little more than rocks. Very fine ground rocks but still rocks.


Well I have not added rocks to soil or cattle diet. Certainly the dust coming from lime rocks on county road in front of pasture have made pasture greener. Not sure your argument here. Currently some feed companies are adding saw dust to feed and it is because saw dust have zinc, potassium, nitrogen, sulfur, trace minerals, ect. The product I am testing is liquified trees. AND by the way liquid in this form because of it being such a tiny molecule is showing to break down tau protein the the brains of humans with Alzhemers-a break through that if allowed to be seen by the US will make major impact as to date nothing has been shown to break down this or any other scar tissue until now. AND the boy who is having me test hasn't a clue.

When I hear organic I hear easily absorbed when I hear inorganic I hear could be flushed out and wasted like you indicated. You know like vitamins at Walmart or gnc that are not plant based. When I hear chelate I think attaches to others to increase. That one is still not totally clear and could take time.

I find very little about how cattle absorb nutrients in the stomachs. In humans most are absorbed in small intestines. If they have loose bowls the body absorbs very little. It would not matter how many vitamins you took.
this could be the case with cattle but not sure yet.

Do you think I have not learned by listening on this board? I listen than work to find out why. Why did the poop change and was it to the better. No I did not know that adding protein would offset molasses (sugar). For me it was just easier to stop feeding the molasses.

And probably to your surprise I am not convinced that totally grass fed is the healthiest. Example flax seed is high in omega 3 and causes great marbling. I read but until I try won't know.

Could it be we are both on the same page but attacking in different direction.

Highpoint I am NOT attacking at all. I simply offered some help. You may turn your back on it completely and I won't be offended. Keep in mind...you are feeding cattle.....not humans. Hopefully your studies and research will bring you to studies of crude protein, fiber, energy, rumen health and maintenance, vitamins, minerals and additives. All are critical in arriving at a good feeding and maintenance program for your cattle.
2 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:58 pm

Re: Poop questions

Postby Highpoint » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:50 pm

Jeanne - Simme Valley wrote:Hmmm - what to believe. First eggs no good, then butters not good, then fats no good.
I think you can drive yourself nuts reading every health report out there.
GMO's have decreased the amount of used chemicals by farmers.
GMO's have been around for centuries.
Eat a balanced meal.

Oh how I wish. Go back to organic eggs or from grass fed if non-GMO and same for butter and good fat.

And how I wish when it comes to reduced chemicals as around here they have had to increase especially cotton which is legal. I also wish they weren't failing. Africa 2009 over 209,000 acres failed and of course in the US illegal to say if crop fails.

Your best bet is beef and hopefully beef raised on as much pasture grass as possible you know the ones ranchers know their business. I hear a lot about vitamins minerals enzymes peptides fungus microbs but nothing about glycans and without them the body cannot absorb what is needed not even animals. If you are missing N-acetylglucomine you probably have MS and if you are massively deficient you are probably autistic. Round up destroys them that is why the name glyphosate (sugar) sate(saturation)and when they are replaced people come out with high good fat sulfur and zinc And the above items. Eggs raised the right way have sulfur which most people are low including farm animals and it would take too long to tell you why.

But it doesn't matter what you or I think. It matters what the consumer knows. The beef industry has the greatest chance to take over all markets and it is because of those pasture grasses.

You may not have heard of elecampane. It is a plant from the sunflower family. Kills MRSA 100percent and most supper bugs of staph. Not sure if works on cattle but after the cork university study hard to find.
0 x

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:58 pm

Re: Poop questions

Postby Highpoint » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:17 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Highpoint wrote:
TexasBred wrote:I used the word rocks because when you feed minerals that are "Oxides" as in Zinc Oxide,etc. they are little more than rocks. Very fine ground rocks but still rocks.


Well I have not added rocks to soil or cattle diet. Certainly the dust coming from lime rocks on county road in front of pasture have made pasture greener. Not sure your argument here. Currently some feed companies are adding saw dust to feed and it is because saw dust have zinc, potassium, nitrogen, sulfur, trace minerals, ect. The product I am testing is liquified trees. AND by the way liquid in this form because of it being such a tiny molecule is showing to break down tau protein the the brains of humans with Alzhemers-a break through that if allowed to be seen by the US will make major impact as to date nothing has been shown to break down this or any other scar tissue until now. AND the boy who is having me test hasn't a clue.

When I hear organic I hear easily absorbed when I hear inorganic I hear could be flushed out and wasted like you indicated. You know like vitamins at Walmart or gnc that are not plant based. When I hear chelate I think attaches to others to increase. That one is still not totally clear and could take time.

I find very little about how cattle absorb nutrients in the stomachs. In humans most are absorbed in small intestines. If they have loose bowls the body absorbs very little. It would not matter how many vitamins you took.
this could be the case with cattle but not sure yet.

Do you think I have not learned by listening on this board? I listen than work to find out why. Why did the poop change and was it to the better. No I did not know that adding protein would offset molasses (sugar). For me it was just easier to stop feeding the molasses.

And probably to your surprise I am not convinced that totally grass fed is the healthiest. Example flax seed is high in omega 3 and causes great marbling. I read but until I try won't know.

Could it be we are both on the same page but attacking in different direction.

Highpoint I am NOT attacking at all. I simply offered some help. You may turn your back on it completely and I won't be offended. Keep in mind...you are feeding cattle.....not humans. Hopefully your studies and research will bring you to studies of crude protein, fiber, energy, rumen health and maintenance, vitamins, minerals and additives. All are critical in arriving at a good feeding and maintenance program for your cattle.



Thank you TexasBred as I read your posts and you know much.

Here is what most poop looks like now that I removed the mixture with molasses. http://www.highpointcompany.com/images/2nd_image.jpg
In fact can't find the other but would need to walk more to find.

It is caked and doesn't fall in rings. After day or so could kick easy to spread out. What would this indicate. The color is never green either like the best one.
0 x

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:58 pm

Re: Poop questions

Postby Highpoint » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:56 pm

TexasBred
You are absolutely right and I will remove the apple cider vinegar as I read more about your list it would appear I am adding when not needed. I read where the vinegar would deter flies and had other attributes but realize that I really need to study their digestist system like you said first.

The cattle were doing great with weight gain and overall looks and actions until I jumped in and added things. It may be that just spraying the pasture with nutrients to feed the soil is all that is needed at least until they start on hay. Thanks again and hit me in the head if need be as I learn with your approach.
0 x

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:58 pm

Re: Poop questions

Postby Highpoint » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:21 am

Jeanne - Simme Valley wrote:Comparison research done by TAMU:
https://animalscience.tamu.edu/2013/12/ ... it-matter/


Jeanne this is one article I can disprove at least if the canola is GMO which it never says. I tell as many people as possible, stay away from corn, soy and canola unless organic. Period.

Inflammation is now known to cause heart disease to name just one of many diseases and it is scar tissue that piles up in the arteries from fiberblast cells being called in each time one puts them in their body. Well unless the doctor has put you on immune surpressant (arthritis meds) or removed your spleen. This article has a long list of flaws. They assume the old recommendations are still valid.
0 x

Turkeybird
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:56 pm

Re: Poop questions

Postby Turkeybird » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:57 am

Highpoint wrote:
Jeanne - Simme Valley wrote:Comparison research done by TAMU:
https://animalscience.tamu.edu/2013/12/ ... it-matter/


Jeanne this is one article I can disprove at least if the canola is GMO which it never says. I tell as many people as possible, stay away from corn, soy and canola unless organic. Period.

Inflammation is now known to cause heart disease to name just one of many diseases and it is scar tissue that piles up in the arteries from fiberblast cells being called in each time one puts them in their body. Well unless the doctor has put you on immune surpressant (arthritis meds) or removed your spleen. This article has a long list of flaws. They assume the old recommendations are still valid.
B.s! :D
0 x

User avatar
dieselbeef
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5513
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:55 am
Location: myakka city fl

Re: Poop questions

Postby dieselbeef » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:48 am

what did cows do before intensive management by humans came along?!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein


sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later


Return to “Health & Nutrition”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests