Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Poop questions

Postby Highpoint » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:05 am

Turkeybird wrote:
Highpoint wrote:
Jeanne - Simme Valley wrote:Comparison research done by TAMU:
https://animalscience.tamu.edu/2013/12/ ... it-matter/

Jeanne this is one article I can disprove at least if the canola is GMO which it never says. I tell as many people as possible, stay away from corn, soy and canola unless organic. Period.

Inflammation is now known to cause heart disease to name just one of many diseases and it is scar tissue that piles up in the arteries from fiberblast cells being called in each time one puts them in their body. Well unless the doctor has put you on immune surpressant (arthritis meds) or removed your spleen. This article has a long list of flaws. They assume the old recommendations are still valid.
B.s! :D

TurkeyBird
Again, it does not matter what you or I think. We have a nation of very sick little children and it points to agriculture. If you think the lobbyist for pharma are big, you haven't seen the ones for agriculture. Corn fungus is determined to be the most carcinogenic, soy (thyroid disruption) and won't go into canola but really do not need too as most farmers realize they were lied too and again I speak of only GMO. Certainly vaccines play a big roll as well.

I will share another set of pictures with permission. This boy has been autistic from birth. He currently lives in a group home and has never been able to talk or look his mom in the eyes until she added organic sulfur to his nutrients. She is also starting some items that we will see but the first picture is at his birthday and the second is at Thanksgiving. He is thirty-six.

0 x

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:03 pm

I am totally the wrong person for this conversation. I am 70 years young, still bucking hay in the mow. I refuse to buy anything that is labeled organic or natural or GMO free, or any of the other social buzz words.
Highpoint - you are totally over the top with this health bit. Good luck. Hope you live a long life ---worrying about the quality of your next meal.
2 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:22 pm

Highpoint wrote:Again, it does not matter what you or I think. We have a nation of very sick little children and it points to agriculture. If you think the lobbyist for pharma are big, you haven't seen the ones for agriculture. Corn fungus is determined to be the most carcinogenic, soy (thyroid disruption) and won't go into canola but really do not need too as most farmers realize they were lied too and again I speak of only GMO. Certainly vaccines play a big roll as well.

Don't get your drawers all in a wad young man.....first off.....you mention corn fungus being carcinogenic. You're talkinga bout AFLATOXIN and it has been in corn since Adam planted the first seed. It is caused by environmental conditions. You might want to check it out in peanuts as well. BTW companies have come out with a new product called Aflaguard which virtually eliminates it. You seem to be reading just the parts of articles on certain subjects to back up your preconceived notions and getting just enough information to be dangerous. Nothing wrong with wanting the best for your cattle but at the rate you're going you'll be bankrupt before you get out the gate good. Take a deep breath, have a cold beer (yes it has some good qualities) and do some studying of valid research done by qualified individuals who are simply trying to obtain information to keep us all informed instead of beginning with the answer the want then trying to figure out how to arrive at it. Now........while your sitting here reading this and trying to come up with a rebuttal, your cattle are doing just fine, probably grazing, gaining weight, ruminating, resting and getting ready to make you some money.....if you'll just leave them alone !!!!!
3 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Turkeybird
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Turkeybird » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:43 pm

High point I'm very concerned with everyone's wellbeing and hate to see anyone sick in any way shape or form. I'm glad the organic sulfur has helped your friend and if a total organic diet helps him more then I would definitely urge him to continue, but at 36 yrs old gmo foods cannot be blamed if you are referring to round up ready and bt crops because they've only been around for 20 yrs
1 x

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Highpoint » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:44 pm

Turkeybird wrote:High point I'm very concerned with everyone's wellbeing and hate to see anyone sick in any way shape or form. I'm glad the organic sulfur has helped your friend and if a total organic diet helps him more then I would definitely urge him to continue, but at 36 yrs old gmo foods cannot be blamed if you are referring to round up ready and bt crops because they've only been around for 20 yrs

GMO first released 1982 by FDA and no I do not think the Mom was eating them. There are many others that were out then one atrazine 1958. Difference today is people cannot get away from glyphosate and others chemicals and yes they are proven to be unhealthy to the point of causing infirmity.
0 x

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Highpoint » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:56 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Highpoint wrote:Again, it does not matter what you or I think. We have a nation of very sick little children and it points to agriculture. If you think the lobbyist for pharma are big, you haven't seen the ones for agriculture. Corn fungus is determined to be the most carcinogenic, soy (thyroid disruption) and won't go into canola but really do not need too as most farmers realize they were lied too and again I speak of only GMO. Certainly vaccines play a big roll as well.

Don't get your drawers all in a wad young man.....first off.....you mention corn fungus being carcinogenic. You're talkinga bout AFLATOXIN and it has been in corn since Adam planted the first seed. It is caused by environmental conditions. You might want to check it out in peanuts as well. BTW companies have come out with a new product called Aflaguard which virtually eliminates it. You seem to be reading just the parts of articles on certain subjects to back up your preconceived notions and getting just enough information to be dangerous. Nothing wrong with wanting the best for your cattle but at the rate you're going you'll be bankrupt before you get out the gate good. Take a deep breath, have a cold beer (yes it has some good qualities) and do some studying of valid research done by qualified individuals who are simply trying to obtain information to keep us all informed instead of beginning with the answer the want then trying to figure out how to arrive at it. Now........while your sitting here reading this and trying to come up with a rebuttal, your cattle are doing just fine, probably grazing, gaining weight, ruminating, resting and getting ready to make you some money.....if you'll just leave them alone !!!!!

I bet the name makes one think I am a man but not. I have expanded much further than necessary and a deep breath and beer (not my cup of tea) is a good idea. I do prefer to concentrate on the solution instead of the problem which like you say is not the cattle. I was rembering many years ago helping my boyfriend haul hay 1965 and the extreme heat. I do respect the profession.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:19 pm

Highpoint wrote:I bet the name makes one think I am a man but not. I have expanded much further than necessary and a deep breath and beer (not my cup of tea) is a good idea. I do prefer to concentrate on the solution instead of the problem which like you say is not the cattle. I was rembering many years ago helping my boyfriend haul hay 1965 and the extreme heat. I do respect the profession.

My mistake and my apology. No idea why I thought you were a young man.
1 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Banjo
GURU
GURU

Postby Banjo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:44 pm

I listened to a Naturalpathic doctor lecture the other day and he said something quite interesting. He said, You can be a meat eater or vegetarian and/or eat certified organic all the time, but sooner or later you will start having health problems if you aren't supplementing your diet with organic minerals. He said most problems are caused by a mineral deficiency.....for example if your deficient in Chromium the cells can't take in insulin.

Black Strap Molasses has one of the highest mineral concentration of anything. I take 2 or 3 tablespoons a day.
My ankles had been hurting me for some time .....and when I started taking the BSM they started getting better within 3 days and completely better in 10 days.
0 x

That's my opinion.....feel free to make it yours.

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Highpoint » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:43 pm

Banjo wrote:I listened to a Naturalpathic doctor lecture the other day and he said something quite interesting. He said, You can be a meat eater or vegetarian and/or eat certified organic all the time, but sooner or later you will start having health problems if you aren't supplementing your diet with organic minerals. He said most problems are caused by a mineral deficiency.....for example if your deficient in Chromium the cells can't take in insulin.

Black Strap Molasses has one of the highest mineral concentration of anything. I take 2 or 3 tablespoons a day.
My ankles had been hurting me for some time .....and when I started taking the BSM they started getting better within 3 days and completely better in 10 days.

The naturalpathic Doctor is correct and what is coming out too is the study of glycobiology. It is the study of cell surface sugars which MIT more than 20 years ago discovered with the ability to see cells showed that they are surrounded by 8 cell surface sugars ( at the time it was eight could be more now). It sounds like you have enough as without them your cells would not be able to absorb. Many people including myself believe pasture grasses still have many of these sugars since conventional farming has shown to no longer have many. You can tell as they will taste sweet with high moisture content.

The product I have been testing has high mineral content but also low ph. I am just now learning about ph and cattle and realize I have much to learn first. while a persons body adapts and cattle probably too, I might be ok by adding molasses but cannot add the mineral item I have been testing with the molasses as the poop was the answer and for me caused a ph imbalance. Again the molasses probably would have been ok by itself. For me I thought because the product tasted bad the molasses would encourage them to drink. Not smart Thinking on my part.

I also agree that just because it says organic does not say it has enough minerals. You have also probably noticed people taking alfalfa and other grasses. Goodness the essential oils have many and some are made from - you guessed it pasture grasses.

I have shared this before but I believe one of the best ones discovered is elecampane as it kills staph. The one like MRSA and others that antibiotics are not touching. Tastes terrible.

Glad to hear you are feeling better.
0 x

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Highpoint » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:30 pm

Jeanne - Simme Valley wrote:I am totally the wrong person for this conversation. I am 70 years young, still bucking hay in the mow. I refuse to buy anything that is labeled organic or natural or GMO free, or any of the other social buzz words.
Highpoint - you are totally over the top with this health bit. Good luck. Hope you live a long life ---worrying about the quality of your next meal.

Glad to hear you are bucking hay in the mow and yes I am on the search. Never guessed my question about poop would have so many replies. I got the answer and should have left it at that.
0 x

Banjo
GURU
GURU

Postby Banjo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:39 pm

Just about all of your cattle molasses in tubs and licks are made from sugar beets which btw are genetically modified. In any event, I'm not sure the cattle molasses is the same as blackstrap molasses.....BSM is made from sugar cane....the third boiling I think.....after most of the sugar has been removed leaving a high concentration of minerals.
Maple syrup is high in minerals also , but not to the degree as BSM. There is also cooking molasses and sorghum molasses that is sweeter that most people use on biscuits etc.....but shouldn't be confused with BSM.
You could probably buy BSM in bulk for cattle tanks but it would probably be too cost prohibitive.
0 x

That's my opinion.....feel free to make it yours.

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:04 pm

Seems like just eating a balanced diet would eliminate a lot of the problems stemming from trying to go overboard on eating "healthy". I don;t eat that balanced a diet anymore but for 70 some odd years the only real health issues I've had has been from body abuse or agent orange.
1 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:01 am

Banjo wrote:Just about all of your cattle molasses in tubs and licks are made from sugar beets which btw are genetically modified. In any event, I'm not sure the cattle molasses is the same as blackstrap molasses.....BSM is made from sugar cane....the third boiling I think.....after most of the sugar has been removed leaving a high concentration of minerals.
Maple syrup is high in minerals also , but not to the degree as BSM. There is also cooking molasses and sorghum molasses that is sweeter that most people use on biscuits etc.....but shouldn't be confused with BSM.
You could probably buy BSM in bulk for cattle tanks but it would probably be too cost prohibitive.

OR you could purchase a bag of good cattle mineral for $25-30 and forget all this worry.
2 x

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Highpoint » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:34 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Banjo wrote:Just about all of your cattle molasses in tubs and licks are made from sugar beets which btw are genetically modified. In any event, I'm not sure the cattle molasses is the same as blackstrap molasses.....BSM is made from sugar cane....the third boiling I think.....after most of the sugar has been removed leaving a high concentration of minerals.

OR you could purchase a bag of good cattle mineral for $25-30 and forget all this worry.

Good to know about molasses. Certainly did not realize GMO. Thanks.

The reason I test organic minerals is plant based and easily absorbed. Also it is cheaper. But still too strong without adding alfalfa or other high fat item. I'll get there.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:07 pm

Highpoint wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

Good to know about molasses. Certainly did not realize GMO. Thanks.

The reason I test organic minerals is plant based and easily absorbed. Also it is cheaper. But still too strong without adding alfalfa or other high fat item. I'll get there.

Make a note.....alfalfa has an extremely low fat content. If you want fat from a by-product of some kind try rice bran. 12% fat. Stabilized rice bran well over 20%.
1 x

Return to “Health & Nutrition”