mineral with aureomycin

Cattle problems.
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Re: mineral with aureomycin

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:59 pm

J&D Cattle wrote:
greybeard wrote:"There is a complete herd dispersal tomorrow at a sale barn 100 miles east of me. The herd being dispersed has anaplasmosis and it is not being disclosed. Ethically-this really stinks. The potential damage being done to the unsuspecting buyers and introducing this disease into a possibly naive area is totally irresponsible." :shock: :shock: Good lord!! :x
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I lost two cows to anaplas after buying them from a sale barn a couple of weeks ago. To say I was a little pi$$ed would be an understatement. Morals sure are lacking from some.

Did a vet confirm that it was anaplasmosis...?
0 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

Chocolate Cow
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Chocolate Cow » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:29 pm

The way 'I' know it to be true is a family member worked for this ranch. The ranch has been sold to the Mormon church but they didn't want the cows.
0 x

J&D Cattle
GURU
GURU

Postby J&D Cattle » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:33 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:
J&D Cattle wrote:
greybeard wrote:"There is a complete herd dispersal tomorrow at a sale barn 100 miles east of me. The herd being dispersed has anaplasmosis and it is not being disclosed. Ethically-this really stinks. The potential damage being done to the unsuspecting buyers and introducing this disease into a possibly naive area is totally irresponsible." :shock: :shock: Good lord!! :x
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I lost two cows to anaplas after buying them from a sale barn a couple of weeks ago. To say I was a little pi$$ed would be an understatement. Morals sure are lacking from some.

Did a vet confirm that it was anaplasmosis...?

Brother of a vet diagnosed them while he was treating another cow for me. He's about as good as we can get around here as all the vets in town focus on small animals unfortunately.
0 x
J & D Cattle

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:55 pm

Chocolate Cow wrote:The way 'I' know it to be true is a family member worked for this ranch. The ranch has been sold to the Mormon church but they didn't want the cows.

A church is selling these anaplaz cows? Do they realize the scope of this disease and unethical ramifications?
0 x

Chocolate Cow
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Chocolate Cow » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:24 pm

No TC, the Mormon church bought the ranch. The Mormon Church-did not want the cows so the past owner of the ranch is selling them.
0 x

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:53 am

If this is true, a lot more could be done than is being done to stop this. Post on these cattle sites the name of ranch, name of sale barn, Dept. of Ag. that regulates sale barn, post a couple free adds on craigslist, face book, get enough people knowing about it and word will travel. First you need to know its true and contact the sale.
3 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:21 am

Chocolate Cow wrote:No TC, the Mormon church bought the ranch. The Mormon Church-did not want the cows so the past owner of the ranch is selling them.

Gotcha.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:48 am

BRYANT wrote:If this is true, a lot more could be done than is being done to stop this. Post on these cattle sites the name of ranch, name of sale barn, Dept. of Ag. that regulates sale barn, post a couple free adds on craigslist, face book, get enough people knowing about it and word will travel. First you need to know its true and contact the sale.

That would be more than just hearsay, it would be a ashame to let facts get in the way of a good story. I'd hate to know -suspect something and not do anything about it... I'd feel like an accomplice.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Chocolate Cow
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Chocolate Cow » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:16 pm

I did call make a few phone calls. I wanted to do more but knew it was a potential land mine.
0 x

Lucky_P
GURU
GURU

Postby Lucky_P » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:58 am

If this herd has had clinical cases of anaplasmosis, the likelihood is that there are infected carrier animals... which will never become clinical, but can serve as a reservoir to infect ticks at their new location, and potentially spread the infection to naive animals. Without testing, there's no way to know which animals are carriers and which are non-infected.

While a herd dispersal sale is a different deal, in my eyes, than your everyday routine livestock auction sale (CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!), I can guarantee you that there are Anaplasma-carrier animals sold every day across this country, with no malice or chicanery behind the sale...folks just don't know.
But... if there is a veterinarian involved in writing official Certificates of Veterinary Inspection on these animals in question, and they KNOW that the possibility of exposure &/or infection with Anaplasma exists...and claim otherwise on the USDA/APHIS form... they are committing fraud, and could be subject to federal fines up to $10K &/or 5 years' imprisonment... and loss of federal accreditation.
0 x

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:07 am

Lucky_P wrote: I can guarantee you that there are Anaplasma-carrier animals sold every day across this country, with no malice or chicanery behind the sale...folks just don't know.

I bought one ,she came from Texas to OKC and cost me a few $$$$$$$$$$$ before it was all said and done.
0 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

Return to “Health & Nutrition”