Why not to feed GMO to cattle

Cattle problems.
User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28272
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Why not to feed GMO to cattle

Postby TexasBred » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:34 am

sim.-ang.king wrote:So if cattle need more "glycans to detox" shouldn't you feed more corn?


Sim just make sure it has a very high level of aflatoxin and fumonsin. ;-) :lol2:
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Lucky_P
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2772
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:17 pm
Location: Western KY
Contact:

Re: Why not to feed GMO to cattle

Postby Lucky_P » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:07 am

Huber's claims are sensationalized unsubstantiated bunk; he won't provide any evidence... just providing fodder to the scientifically-ignorant masses that have been led to regard anything remotely affiliated with Monsanto as evil incarnate.
All we need now is for highpoint to point toward the long-debunked, misleading/dishonest junk science 'studies' put forward by Seralini and Carman.

Candidiasis has been around forever - long before GMO technology was imagined.
Glyphosate is NOT an antibiotic.

Here, highpoint, this is for you:
https://i.imgur.com/KLH9N.png
Last edited by Lucky_P on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

jedstivers
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:32 pm
Location: Marianna Arkansas (East Central)

Re: Why not to feed GMO to cattle

Postby jedstivers » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:31 am

If a fraction of any of this BS had any truth at all we'd be dying like flies. As it is we are living longer and getting even fatter.
4 x

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3911
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: Why not to feed GMO to cattle

Postby Son of Butch » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:15 pm

Highpoint wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:
Highpoint wrote: This link is from A pharma company but shows a fungus caused by GMO crops - it shows over use of antibiotics and glyphosate is one of the most potent antibiotic and registered as such.

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/generaliz ... andidiasis

Your link to Merck shows Candidiasis is related to overuse of antibiotics and is preventable and treatable using
Copper Sulfate in the drinking water. But it shows no such connection of a fungus caused by GMO crops or to
glyphosate as you claim. How did you make the leap to that conclusion?
Were you misled to it by another or are you being a false prophet?

IF glyphosate is so deadly...
Why are 35 weeds that it was intended to kill now either glyphosate resistant or tolerant?
Since there is no documented connection of glyphosate to animal health.... IF it ever were to do anything...
Wouldn't feeding a glyphosate tolerant plant (corn) actually be more likely to create immunity rather than causation?

Dr Huber is now retired. It's been 14 years from his discovery and his predictions have not come to pass.
Wouldn't that prove him to be a false prophet?


Dr Huber.... now gives training to farmers and ranchers across the USA and in other countries.
Dr Huber (retired) now collects a government pension from Purdue University and speaking fees
(which he keeps for himself) regarding his research which he conducted on Purdue's dime.


I gave one link.... which apparently you did not bother to watch.
I did watch it. It got me thinking, so I also did some fact checking.

Dr Kevin Folta chairman and professor of Horticulture Science, University of Florida 2012 - present
I found in 2013 Dr Folta offered to genomic sequence Dr Huber's discovered fungus, at no cost to him
for further scientific research, if Dr Huber would just provide a sample of it.
Dr Huber refused the offer and has never provided any samples for genomic study.

I also fact checked Dr Folta and found that Huberites (cult followers of Dr Huber) claim Dr Folta is not to be trusted
because not only did Monsanto donate money to the University of Florida (like Monsanto never donated to Purdue)
but that one time Dr Folta himself received a $25,000 grant from Monsanto to genomic sequence small fruit crops.
Oh the Horror!

Based on my fact checking I found Dr Folta to be the more credible of the two.
But don't take my word for it. Do your own fact checking before allowing anyone to lead you by the nose
and swallowing what they say hook, line and sinker.


There are many research tests.... that show GMO crops.... have been causing asthma in athletes.
Documentation please.

Because I thought the research showed 60% of all Americans die every year from 2nd hand smoke.
:)

glyphosate is a potent antibiotic....
Every time your animal eats GMO crops they are getting high amounts of this antibiotic...

Then why won't it kill the ragweed, water hemp and palmer pigweed in my fields?

in my opinion...
I would watch for grain bins to start losing crops since they are now allowing higher uses of glyphosate on crops.

I put up 2 grain bins in 1976 the same year Round Up was released.
They have held gmo corn and soybeans most of their lives.
Other than normal maintenance and resealing the bases they're fine and neither leak or have surface rust.
8)

in a few years....
your cows won't produce and in fact mastitis is connected with the fungus brought on by over use of antibiotics.

More fear mongering?
E. coli mastitis is caused by E.coliform bacteria and is the most common at over 70% of mastitis cases.
2nd most common is Staph Aureus mastitis at 12% and is caused by staphlococcus aureus bacteria.
Other forms of mastitis are caused by other coliform bacteria ie Kelbsiella and Enterobactro
leaving less than 6% of all mastitis cases as having any possible fungus connection.
Staph Aureus is by far the most difficult mastitis to eliminate or 'cure.'
2 x

Allenw
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:37 pm
Location: NW OK

Re: Why not to feed GMO to cattle

Postby Allenw » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:48 pm

The blinking government goats are eating my RR alfalfa how long before it will kill the pests off?

I sprayed round up after I drilled my wheat before it came up will it head this spring?
0 x

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:58 pm

Re: Why not to feed GMO to cattle

Postby Highpoint » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:19 pm

Son of Butch wrote:
Highpoint wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:Your link to Merck shows Candidiasis is related to overuse of antibiotics and is preventable and treatable using
Copper Sulfate in the drinking water. But it shows no such connection of a fungus caused by GMO crops or to
glyphosate as you claim. How did you make the leap to that conclusion?
Were you misled to it by another or are you being a false prophet?

IF glyphosate is so deadly...
Why are 35 weeds that it was intended to kill now either glyphosate resistant or tolerant?
Since there is no documented connection of glyphosate to animal health.... IF it ever were to do anything...
Wouldn't feeding a glyphosate tolerant plant (corn) actually be more likely to create immunity rather than causation?

Dr Huber is now retired. It's been 14 years from his discovery and his predictions have not come to pass.
Wouldn't that prove him to be a false prophet?


Dr Huber.... now gives training to farmers and ranchers across the USA and in other countries.
Dr Huber (retired) now collects a government pension from Purdue University and speaking fees
(which he keeps for himself) regarding his research which he conducted on Purdue's dime.


I gave one link.... which apparently you did not bother to watch.
I did watch it. It got me thinking, so I also did some fact checking.

Dr Kevin Folta chairman and professor of Horticulture Science, University of Florida 2012 - present
I found in 2013 Dr Folta offered to genomic sequence Dr Huber's discovered fungus, at no cost to him
for further scientific research, if Dr Huber would just provide a sample of it.
Dr Huber refused the offer and has never provided any samples for genomic study.

I also fact checked Dr Folta and found that Huberites (cult followers of Dr Huber) claim Dr Folta is not to be trusted
because not only did Monsanto donate money to the University of Florida (like Monsanto never donated to Purdue)
but that one time Dr Folta himself received a $25,000 grant from Monsanto to genomic sequence small fruit crops.
Oh the Horror!

Based on my fact checking I found Dr Folta to be the more credible of the two.
But don't take my word for it. Do your own fact checking before allowing anyone to lead you by the nose
and swallowing what they say hook, line and sinker.


There are many research tests.... that show GMO crops.... have been causing asthma in athletes.
Documentation please.

Because I thought the research showed 60% of all Americans die every year from 2nd hand smoke.
:)

glyphosate is a potent antibiotic....
Every time your animal eats GMO crops they are getting high amounts of this antibiotic...

Then why won't it kill the ragweed, water hemp and palmer pigweed in my fields?

in my opinion...
I would watch for grain bins to start losing crops since they are now allowing higher uses of glyphosate on crops.

I put up 2 grain bins in 1976 the same year Round Up was released.
They have held gmo corn and soybeans most of their lives.
Other than normal maintenance and resealing the bases they're fine and neither leak or have surface rust.
8)

in a few years....
your cows won't produce and in fact mastitis is connected with the fungus brought on by over use of antibiotics.

More fear mongering?
E. coli mastitis is caused by E.coliform bacteria and is the most common at over 70% of mastitis cases.
2nd most common is Staph Aureus mastitis at 12% and is caused by staphlococcus aureus bacteria.
Other forms of mastitis are caused by other coliform bacteria ie Kelbsiella and Enterobactro
leaving less than 6% of all mastitis cases as having any possible fungus connection.
Staph Aureus is by far the most difficult mastitis to eliminate or 'cure.'


You know we may need to agree to disagree in order not to upset a few. Here goes and may take a few posts.

Notice the type of bacteria ecoli used to create GMO crops take a strong antibiotic to work in the soil to raise the plant and I said this over use of antibiotics is what leads to candidiasis. Link.here. http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/q ... -bacteria/. I could give more if you wish and what it does in humans too.

Link to athletes research - please remember what I said about inflammation because GMO is fake food and body sees it as something to attack. https://www.allergicliving.com/2014/06/ ... lammation/

Let me see not sure about your ragweed as antibiotics do not tough it but organic growers are using more zinc on weeds. I mow them so grass can get ahead and this year the soil amendment I am using has zinc.

Second hand smoke is a joke as people with high vitamin d levels could out live most and especially stay off of GMO food since they cause high enough inflammation to cause asthma. They also need to smoke organic.

Grain bins and fungus will be a major issue if something doesn't change.

You know before LinkedIn changed I loved to exchange views with a person who understood the other side and gave me heck which I liked because I knew what research to look for. You will want to stay with me on this because some of the research I am finding is even blowing my socks off. Think about a product that tests 136,000 connectivity and then the principal we are all batteries.
0 x

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:58 pm

Re: Why not to feed GMO to cattle

Postby Highpoint » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:10 am

Allenw wrote:The blinking government goats are eating my RR alfalfa how long before it will kill the pests off?

I sprayed round up after I drilled my wheat before it came up will it head this spring?

I sure do not follow a word you have said and really not sure this is even a question. However I used to think LOL meant lots of luck.
0 x

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:58 pm

Re: Why not to feed GMO to cattle

Postby Highpoint » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:22 am

Highpoint wrote:
Allenw wrote:The blinking government goats are eating my RR alfalfa how long before it will kill the pests off?

I sprayed round up after I drilled my wheat before it came up will it head this spring?

I sure do not follow a word you have said and really not sure this is even a question. However I used to think LOL meant lots of luck.


Ok I think I figured it out. The goat question - two to three generations and the government will probably do what everyone else sale and buy more.

On the wheat I need to first ask you if you have heard of gutton intolerant starting 15 years ago which took doctors a few years to give a name.
0 x

User avatar
sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3927
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:17 pm
Location: Southern IL
Contact:

Re: Why not to feed GMO to cattle

Postby sim.-ang.king » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:53 am

You mean gluten? That thing only less than 1% of the population has?
0 x
I'm Conservative so you can be Liberal.

User avatar
Banjo
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1057
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Ky

Re: Why not to feed GMO to cattle

Postby Banjo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:21 pm

A friend of mine who used to have honey bees said he got out of it because the farm next to him would spray their corn and soybean crops every year and it would kill his bees....after a few times of replacing them he decided to quit.
Most peoples greatest exposure to glysophate is not from it being put on the weeds......it is from it being used on wheat, barley, rye and oats when they start to mature...to make them dry down quickly and evenly.
It is believed that the gluten intolerance that some people seem to have is really not the gluten but the glysophate.
One thing we have to remember is .....is that we are all dollar signs to all these companies out there.
1 x

That's my opinion.....feel free to make it yours.

jedstivers
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:32 pm
Location: Marianna Arkansas (East Central)

Re: Why not to feed GMO to cattle

Postby jedstivers » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:20 pm

Banjo wrote:A friend of mine who used to have honey bees said he got out of it because the farm next to him would spray their corn and soybean crops every year and it would kill his bees....after a few times of replacing them he decided to quit.
Most peoples greatest exposure to glysophate is not from it being put on the weeds......it is from it being used on wheat, barley, rye and oats when they start to mature...to make them dry down quickly and evenly.
It is believed that the gluten intolerance that some people seem to have is really not the gluten but the glysophate.
One thing we have to remember is .....is that we are all dollar signs to all these companies out there.

Another hoax. Very few of those crops are sprayed with it. Extremely small percentage of them.
0 x

ohiosteve
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1497
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:16 pm
Location: Northern Ohio

Re: Why not to feed GMO to cattle

Postby ohiosteve » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:13 am

I am not smart enough to know if the GMO crops are good or bad. I do know that the family I work for is very good at making money and we planted several hundred acres of non-gmo corn this spring. The yields were excellent this year and I combined some 230 bu/ac non-gmo corn. I was talking to the son in charge of the farming and he is ready to start a feed mixing mill where we can grind and bag non-gmo feed. he said the market is really high and there is a ton of demand. I'm not saying gmo crops are bad, but there is some money to be made with non-gmo for sure.
0 x
The truest of warriors is often overlooked.

jedstivers
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:32 pm
Location: Marianna Arkansas (East Central)

Re: Why not to feed GMO to cattle

Postby jedstivers » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:16 am

ohiosteve wrote:I am not smart enough to know if the GMO crops are good or bad. I do know that the family I work for is very good at making money and we planted several hundred acres of non-gmo corn this spring. The yields were excellent this year and I combined some 230 bu/ac non-gmo corn. I was talking to the son in charge of the farming and he is ready to start a feed mixing mill where we can grind and bag non-gmo feed. he said the market is really high and there is a ton of demand. I'm not saying gmo crops are bad, but there is some money to be made with non-gmo for sure.

There's a good premium on it because of all the nongmo "the sky is falling chicken littles". Might as well take their money since they want to pay so much for it.
3 x

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28272
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Why not to feed GMO to cattle

Postby TexasBred » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:47 am

ohiosteve wrote:I am not smart enough to know if the GMO crops are good or bad. I do know that the family I work for is very good at making money and we planted several hundred acres of non-gmo corn this spring. The yields were excellent this year and I combined some 230 bu/ac non-gmo corn. I was talking to the son in charge of the farming and he is ready to start a feed mixing mill where we can grind and bag non-gmo feed. he said the market is really high and there is a ton of demand. I'm not saying gmo crops are bad, but there is some money to be made with non-gmo for sure.

Much like "organic". label it as something better, triple the price and laugh all the way to the bank and old Joe goes home thinking he's now gonna live to 150.
3 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
ga.prime
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4311
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am
Location: So. Cent. Ga.

Re: Why not to feed GMO to cattle

Postby ga.prime » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:15 am

jedstivers wrote:
Banjo wrote:A friend of mine who used to have honey bees said he got out of it because the farm next to him would spray their corn and soybean crops every year and it would kill his bees....after a few times of replacing them he decided to quit.
Most peoples greatest exposure to glysophate is not from it being put on the weeds......it is from it being used on wheat, barley, rye and oats when they start to mature...to make them dry down quickly and evenly.
It is believed that the gluten intolerance that some people seem to have is really not the gluten but the glysophate.
One thing we have to remember is .....is that we are all dollar signs to all these companies out there.

Another hoax. Very few of those crops are sprayed with it. Extremely small percentage of them.

And besides, glyphosate doesn't stay glyphosate. It turns into Nitrogen and Hydrogen and Oxygen and things like that soon after coming into contact with anything.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?


Return to “Health & Nutrition”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests