Why not to feed GMO to cattle

Cattle problems.
Banjo
GURU
GURU

Re: Why not to feed GMO to cattle

Postby Banjo » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:06 pm

I read something just the other day that said that ADM invested in a non gmo soy processing facility and Cargill is starting to use non gmo ingredients to some degree.
I realize that Roundup has made life good(not necessarily prosperous) for corn and soybean growers for the last several years.
IMO, the gmo grain days are numbered....may not be next year or in 5 years but eventually the market will just dry up IMO. Public perception ....whether you agree or not....will bring it down.

If I were heavily dependent on gmo corn and beans I would be looking for an alternative now. at least there is a market for it now...though not real good...at least you can sell it. what happens when you got a bin full of corn and nobody wants to buy it? Think it won't happen? Look at what happened with antibiotics in the feed.

Corn can still be grown using a plow and disk. You just can't do it every year....year in and year out without serious consequences. Two years in corn or beans then two years in grass. Just my 2 cents.

imo
0 x

That's my opinion.....feel free to make it yours.

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Re: Why not to feed GMO to cattle

Postby Son of Butch » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:14 pm

A couple local reports of conventional corn out yielding traited corn this year. That's the type of thing that will spark
a change away from gmo IF it happens.
0 x

Return to “Health & Nutrition”