Highpoint

Cattle problems.
ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Re: Highpoint

Postby ga.prime » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:23 pm

Highpoint has an admirable lack of excitability.
1 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:02 pm

ga.prime wrote:Highpoint has an admirable lack of excitability.

Yep' wouldn't want them cheering for my team... :cowboy:
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Davemk
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Davemk » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:00 pm

farmerjan wrote:I don't find the posts so full of mis-information as some are saying. And as for voodoo...well not too long ago everyone called a chiropractor a "bone-cracker" but now even "modern medicine" recognizes it. And insurance even pays...same as acupuncture... and I for one can say that yes it does help with pain in some instances. I'm with callmefence and true grit and others. There has been no disrespect that I have read. No sarcastic or nasty comments, and not everything they are saying is so far out in left field. I also am of the "less chemical" ideology, and find some of the comments/ideas expressed something to think about.
Don't like 'em, don't read 'em.

Everything is bullshyt. Not one thing posted by that poster is based on facts or reality.
3 x

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Highpoint » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:04 am

Ok seems I lost popularity when I posted about glyphosate and could have come at that differently.

Highpoint is a mother of two grandmother of five and loves to create good things. I have started ran and sold businesses and help others with processes in business. Twelve years ago I started studying agriculture and I really do get very excited about it. I realize we are just dirt and no I do not get offended easily.

This board has a massive amount of great information and I wish I had the courage to ask about some of the terms you use but will wait and try to figure out. I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and a great year of success.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:49 am

Highpoint wrote:Ok seems I lost popularity when I posted about glyphosate and could have come at that differently.

Highpoint is a mother of two grandmother of five and loves to create good things. I have started ran and sold businesses and help others with processes in business. Twelve years ago I started studying agriculture and I really do get very excited about it. I realize we are just dirt and no I do not get offended easily.

This board has a massive amount of great information and I wish I had the courage to ask about some of the terms you use but will wait and try to figure out. I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and a great year of success.

You seem like a nice person. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
2 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:43 am

dun wrote:It just seems to me that there is more then enough agenda and mis-information without needing to encourage it

CT and it's related web site Ranchers has always had the distinction of being a serious knowledge base for cattlemen.
If the current trend continues, with all this scaremongering (what Ron calls 'voodoo') that reputation will disappear. At least Flounder keeps his tirades in one section and without comment, where it's mostly ignored and rarely even acknowledged there, instead of being slathered and plastered into every section of the board.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:40 am

If you run somebody off because they see things differently from the majority. Your not going to much of a forum.
I mean personally I can't imagine why someone would want red Angus when they come in black.
Opposing views are important. I stay out of highpoints threads because the subject matter is above my pay grade. I'll let some of the more knowledge folks take it on.
I can understand the frustration. I've been trying for years to tell folks pipe is better and cheaper than wood. I've tired of the arguments but jeez...I don't want anyone banned.
1 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:38 pm

Highpoint treats science like it is a religion. She does not start with a theory. Example: do cows have silent heats? A scientist postulates: I think cows have silent heats and here is my experiment to gather data to evaluate my theory.

Highpoint makes a proclamation: Cows have silent heats because Dr. Huber says so and he is my idol.

She DEGRADES science and I will not waste my time with someone who treats science like it is a "belief". Science is suppose to be objective and it is suppose to go where the data takes you not where you want to go.

PS: now time for True Grit to post one of his brilliant remarks that all science is horseshyt. Lol.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:29 pm

You gotta admit tho, some people do have the slinging of horse hockey itself down to a science.

I just don't have much use for 'the sky is falling' folks like Dr Hubris.
Last edited by greybeard on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:28 pm

[url]moo[/url]
greybeard wrote:You gotta admit tho, some people do have the slinging horse of hockey itself down to a science.

I just don't have much use for 'the sky is falling' folks like Dr Hubris.

Correction: Dr. Don Huber. Read this and you will weep. A renegade scientist. The guy is an activist. Purdue fired him. And that takes an extreme threshold to breach.

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/glp- ... time-bomb/

To put it in simple terms, I will quote Davemk above:

Everything is bullshyt. Not one thing posted by that poster is based on facts or reality.
0 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:01 pm

Highpoint,

Feel free to ask for clarification on any terms you don't understand, but please keep in mind that many of their meanings will differ depending on what part of the world they're used.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

Proud father of 2 and grandfather of 1,

Rafter S
2 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:04 pm

Bright Raven wrote:Highpoint treats science like it is a religion. She does not start with a theory. Example: do cows have silent heats? A scientist postulates: I think cows have silent heats and here is my experiment to gather data to evaluate my theory.

Highpoint makes a proclamation: Cows have silent heats because Dr. Huber says so and he is my idol.

She DEGRADES science and I will not waste my time with someone who treats science like it is a "belief". Science is suppose to be objective and it is suppose to go where the data takes you not where you want to go.

PS: now time for True Grit to post one of his brilliant remarks that all science is horseshyt. Lol.

Science is not all that holy Ron like with climate change a scientist postulates that man is influencing the climate and there is a lot of government money out there for me to prove that is the case so I better design my experiments to make sure I prove this.

Science chases the money.

I don't agree at all with what Highpoint claims but it all flies past me to the keeper.

Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see and that includes science.

Ken
3 x

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Highpoint wrote:Ok seems I lost popularity when I posted about glyphosate and could have come at that differently.

Study a little more. Your missing some valuable information.
Just because someone posted it on the internet doesn't make it fact.
1 x

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:47 pm

Highpoint wrote:
This board has a massive amount of great information and I wish I had the courage to ask about some of the terms you use but will wait and try to figure out. .

Go ahead and ask away. :) You may get a smart-alec answer here and there, but the majority of the answers won't be wise-guy type. Glad you don't offend easily, all the more reason to just go ahead and ask your questions.
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:30 pm

wbvs58 wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:Highpoint treats science like it is a religion. She does not start with a theory. Example: do cows have silent heats? A scientist postulates: I think cows have silent heats and here is my experiment to gather data to evaluate my theory.

Science is not all that holy Ron like with climate change a scientist postulates that man is influencing the climate and there is a lot of government money out there for me to prove that is the case so I better design my experiments to make sure I prove this.

Science chases the money.

I don't agree at all with what Highpoint claims but it all flies past me to the keeper.

Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see and that includes science.

Ken

Ken,

I would never even whisper that science is Holy. On the contrary, that was the point I was making. Science is methodical. The foundation of science was laid by thinkers who recognized that humankind is biased. In order to advance science in the purest way possible the "scientific method" has become the gold standard for research. Here stated:

The Oxford Dictionaries Online defines the scientific method as "a method or procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses".

In all its imperfections, science has put men on the moon, advanced medicine, created technology that affects every aspect of our lives, and yes, lead to GMOs, lol.

No, not Holy. Like everything else, money has influence.

I have no conflict with Highpoint. In the same vain as Cowgirl8, I don't understand why people get so upset. They only offend if you let them. My observation of Highpoint is that she is floating in a river created by alarmist and activist with an agenda. More power to her.

Ken, there is bias in science but what Highpoint is into is not even close to science, it is "Voodoo". Lucky stated in another thread:

Huber's claims are sensationalized unsubstantiated bunk; he won't provide any evidence... just providing fodder to the scientifically-ignorant masses that have been led to regard anything remotely affiliated with Monsanto as evil incarnate.
1 x

Return to “Health & Nutrition”