Cows Getting Flu

Cattle problems.
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Re: Cows Getting Flu

Postby Son of Butch » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:58 pm

Bright Raven wrote:It is DEADLY serious. I am wearing gloves when I go to the grocery store or Wal-Mart.

What does this have to do with Winter Dysentery in cattle or cows getting the flu?

Wearing gloves? phhh bunch of wimps, I lick grocery cart handles to clean before using.
1 x

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:01 pm

Last week it was reported that KS was the worst state. Schools are even closing. I didn't get the shot but don't get to town more than once or twice a week although the CDC says we still haven't hit peak season & recommends it. May want to reconsider.
http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Video- ... 21654.html
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:57 pm

Son of Butch wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:It is DEADLY serious. I am wearing gloves when I go to the grocery store or Wal-Mart.

What does this have to do with Winter Dysentery in cattle or cows getting the flu?

Wearing gloves? phhh bunch of wimps, I lick grocery cart handles to clean before using.

Yes, but you are known as somewhat of a gambler............
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:58 pm

Boot Jack Bulls wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:They say the flu that's going around, was not in the shot.

I have heard this too! Everyone in my family and where I work has had it. Some get it worse that others. I do not usually get sick, but spent 4 days in bed, unable to even stand up, because of it. I had to take various meds to combat it and the symptoms for over 3 weeks. My husband just felt a bit under the weather for about 2 days. My 4 year old daughter has been battling it on and off for a month now. Just gets tired and throws a fever for no reason. This is a kid who, otherwise, has not yet been ill a day in her short life. I can tell you I monitor her health like a hawk these days....

It has been the flu from he77. Husband and I have been through it, and still dealing with lingering affects. Many days in bed with it, very painful. Its awful! One of the worst flu's I've ever had.
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:23 pm

Missed seeing Workinonit at the Va Farm show @ Expo in Fishersville Va and I was glad that she was feeling too ill to come as I sure didn't/don't want it. Sorry that she was sick, and her husband too. I have heard horror stories about how bad everyone has felt from it. I do not want or need it and have had a couple of farms cancel because the help has been sick and such. I tell everyone when I call to schedule, if you are sick I am not coming because I don't need it.
I do not take the flu shots either, and they say this years shots are less than 10% effective against it, and that many have come down with flu like symptoms since getting the shot. No thanks. I do take extra Vit C and Echinacea and Golden seal and vit E. Should take zinc but it turns my stomach..... All are for the immune system.
1 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:42 pm

TCRanch wrote:Last week it was reported that KS was the worst state.

Well, I always suspected as much. :banana:

Miss/er/ri also sounds like an awful state in which to live a life. :)
0 x

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:12 am

Son of Butch wrote:
TCRanch wrote:Last week it was reported that KS was the worst state.

Well, I always suspected as much. :banana:

Miss/er/ri also sounds like an awful state in which to live a life. :)

Ah, that's harsh! :lol:
0 x

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:27 pm

Too late for me. Been down & out for about 12 days now. Up & doing chores now, but was terrible. Then, I gave it to Phil. He didn't get as bad, but with both of us having a fever made it tough to get outside - we are calving - and it is winter, soooo, must feed everything. Can't the program "STOP" while I'm sick?????
1 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

Return to “Health & Nutrition”