ear tags suck

Cattle problems.
danl
Rancher
Rancher

Re: ear tags suck

Postby danl » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:54 pm

Sky already mentioned it , but a long time ago i didn't do a thorough job of cutting strings off hay. Lost a bunch of tags. Someone told me always remove all twine. Started that and almost never lose a tag.
0 x

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:24 pm

that aint me
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:01 am

dieselbeef wrote:that aint me

Everyone gave recommendation on tags that work and almost every brand is covered . I questioned environment on page one . And I stand by my assumption. And where the tag is laying is not always where it was lost .
1 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

iwannaknow53
Beginner
Beginner

Postby iwannaknow53 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:38 pm

I use "Z" tags and have had no issues at all so far. Re-tagged all of the girls three years ago and have not lost a single one (yet). The previous tags they had were two pieced and some were coming off. Asked my buds what they were using and they recommended cutting the old ones off and go with the "Z". Really quick and easy to put in when i have them in the chute.

I'm down here in the south, so cold issues are not a problem from an elasticity standpoint. They do stick their heads through with barbed wire and none have been dislodged. I prefer the yellow with black numbers so I can see the numbers better (old eyes).
1 x

Return to “Health & Nutrition”