Ivomec Injectable?

Cattle problems.
OleScout
Cowhand
Cowhand

Ivomec Injectable?

Postby OleScout » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:59 am

What's going on with the Ivomec Injectable. My local guys don't have any and I went to a dozen or so websites trying to order all show Out of stock and indefinite backorder.
0 x

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Ivomec Injectable?

Postby jehosofat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:16 am

Use Longrange, little pricey, but very good results.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:02 pm

LongRange uses the same parasiticide as Eprinomectin pour on. Eprinomectin. Long Range has a polymer that allows extended release. I use the pour on but I agree with Jehosofat, The active ingredient (eprinomectin) in LongRange is better than the Ivermectin in Ivomec.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:08 pm

Just got off the phone with Brent Tolle, Senior Sale Rep at Merial (Boehringer Ingelheim). They make LongRange and Ivomec injectable. The manufacturer of Ivomec had a manufacturing break down. It has been fixed but there is a worldwide backorder.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Postby Stocker Steve » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:55 pm

Bright Raven wrote:The manufacturer of Ivomec had a manufacturing break down. It has been fixed but there is a worldwide backorder.

Would be good to have more manufacturers if you are supporting the world...
0 x
Stocker Steve

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Postby Stocker Steve » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:56 pm

Bright Raven wrote:The active ingredient (eprinomectin) in LongRange is better than the Ivermectin in Ivomec.

What about Safeguard?
0 x
Stocker Steve

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:19 pm

Stocker Steve wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:The active ingredient (eprinomectin) in LongRange is better than the Ivermectin in Ivomec.

What about Safeguard?

Safeguard is a different class of parasiticide. It is effective for roundworms but not ectoparasites - lice, ticks, etc. Safeguard contains fenbendazole. I use Safeguard as an oral parasiticide on my young calves when I only need to address roundworms. I prefer VALBAZEN:

While the dosage volume of VALBAZEN is larger than Safe-Guard® or Synanthic®, VALBAZEN has the most effective dosage, covering 25% more parasites and life stages than Safe-Guard and 47% more than Synanthic.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:39 pm

Stocker Steve wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:The manufacturer of Ivomec had a manufacturing break down. It has been fixed but there is a worldwide backorder.

Would be good to have more manufacturers if you are supporting the world...

Worldwide -
0 x
Make America Happy Again

JW IN VA
Rancher
Rancher

Postby JW IN VA » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:37 pm

I use Valbazen on calves but not on cows because of the possible effects on early stages of pregnancy.On them,I use Synanthic on years when I'm switching classes of wormers.
Eternals can be easily addressed with Ultra Boss,Sabre or a synergized generic pyrethroid.

I'm am not saying the OP is doing this but I've read where using one of the"mectrins for external control only may contribute to an eventual resistance to the drug.The fly tag users have found this out.One suggestion I have read is use organophosphate tags for three years then use a next gen pyrethroid for one.
We used to use a lot of fly tags but they got expensive and,for me, the back rubs do well.Or a spray every two weeks or so
0 x
Not everything your neighbors do is wrong-Not everything they do is right,either.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:45 pm

JW IN VA wrote:I use Valbazen on calves but not on cows because of the possible effects on early stages of pregnancy.On them,I use Synanthic on years when I'm switching classes of wormers.
Eternals can be easily addressed with Ultra Boss,Sabre or a synergized generic pyrethroid.

I'm am not saying the OP is doing this but I've read where using one of the"mectrins for external control only may contribute to an eventual resistance to the drug.The fly tag users have found this out.One suggestion I have read is use organophosphate tags for three years then use a next gen pyrethroid for one.
We used to use a lot of fly tags but they got expensive and,for me, the back rubs do well.Or a spray every two weeks or so

Synathic is broader spectrum than Safeguard. It not only kills roundworms but also flatworms.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Postby Stocker Steve » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:37 am

Bright Raven wrote: Synathic is broader spectrum than Safeguard. It not only kills roundworms but also flatworms.

Where do we find flatworms?
0 x
Stocker Steve

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:43 am

Stocker Steve wrote:
Bright Raven wrote: Synathic is broader spectrum than Safeguard. It not only kills roundworms but also flatworms.

Where do we find flatworms?

Tapeworms
0 x
Make America Happy Again

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:19 pm

that is the reason I use Valbazen on my calves, it kills tapeworms. Calves are more susceptible to tapeworms, so I only use it on my calves.
0 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Postby Stocker Steve » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:02 am

How common are tapeworms, compared to round worms?
0 x
Stocker Steve

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:16 am

Stocker Steve wrote:

How common are tapeworms, compared to round worms?

Both are common. Tapeworms are a minor clinical problem compared to round worms. Even in humans, tapeworms are a
relatively minor heath risk. On the other hand, some round worms can be a major health risk. Their life cycles can take them through many of the body's organ-systems such as the lungs, kidneys, heart, etc.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

Return to “Health & Nutrition”