Salebarns

Cattle problems.
Phil in Tupelo

Salebarns

Postby Phil in Tupelo » Thu Apr 22, 1999 4:01 pm

Is it just me or do many (but not all) Salebarns avoid<br>cattlemens associations?
<br>
<br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

phil.swords@bxs.com
0 x

Diana Bodensteiner

Re: Salebarns

Postby Diana Bodensteiner » Tue Apr 27, 1999 11:41 am

(User Above) wrote:: Is it just me or do many (but not all) Salebarns avoid<br>: cattlemens associations?<p>In south central Iowa most of our sale barns are members of the county cattlemans assns.<br>If your cattlemans assn. works to put buyers and sellers in direct contact with each other you can expect the sale barn to shun the cattlemans assn.<br>Cattle will bring the best price when sold at auction to the highest bidder, but only if all the data on the cattle is collected in advance and advertised to the buyers.<br>Part of my job is source verification of feeder calves to sell at auction. We take down complete health, management, age range and breeding information then advertise the calves and bring more buyers to the sale.<p>

<br>

Diana@puregeneticsangus.com
0 x

Phil in Mississippi

Re: Re: Salebarns

Postby Phil in Mississippi » Tue Apr 27, 1999 1:57 pm

(User Above) wrote:: : Is it just me or do many (but not all) Salebarns avoid<br>: : cattlemens associations?<p>: In south central Iowa most of our sale barns are members of the county cattlemans assns.<br>: If your cattlemans assn. works to put buyers and sellers in direct contact with each other you can expect the sale barn to shun the cattlemans assn.<br>: Cattle will bring the best price when sold at auction to the highest bidder, but only if all the data on the cattle is collected in advance and advertised to the buyers.<br>: Part of my job is source verification of feeder calves to sell at auction. We take down complete health, management, age range and breeding information then advertise the calves and bring more buyers to the sale.<p>Thank you!<br>Phil<br>

<br>

phil.swords@bxs.com
0 x

Return to “Health & Nutrition”