pics of cow problems and other stuff -- for the newbies

Cattle problems.
Jason_F
Beginner
Beginner

Re: pics of cow problems and other stuff -- for the newbies

Postby Jason_F » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:14 am

Very useful sourse, thanks for posting all these pictures here!
0 x

CheekFarm
Beginner
Beginner

Postby CheekFarm » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:56 pm

My female calf i just noticed this hai r loss in here this morning & my bull calfs he's been like the way his is but looks to be growing back some
What can I do
Pictures won't upload so please email me if u have a solution
Cheekfamily2015@gmail..com
0 x

Farmerclark
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Farmerclark » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:45 am

Would anyone know what fly bites would look like on a angus bull? We bought a two yr old , from a young farmer , and when they brought it over, it has spots on both sides, he said it was from fly bites, ( really)....we have never seen anything like this, has anyone ever seen anything like this???? It's not warts, just looks like white spots on his hide, ?????
Thanks for any info , Farmerclark
0 x

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:28 pm

Farmerclark wrote:Would anyone know what fly bites would look like on a angus bull? We bought a two yr old , from a young farmer , and when they brought it over, it has spots on both sides, he said it was from fly bites, ( really)....we have never seen anything like this, has anyone ever seen anything like this???? It's not warts, just looks like white spots on his hide, ?????
Thanks for any info , Farmerclark

Man years ago, I had bought a cow, which was pure Black Angus. (I knew the cow well, prior to purchase, I knew her heritage). As the years passed, she developed white spots/polka-dots, starting at her shoulders and eventually were scattered throughout her body. Noticable in Summertime mainly. Nick-named her "Spotty Cow"ers were not fly bites. Just an odd color deal. Similar to Bend'Or spots on Thoroughbred horses.

Unless the spots you are talking about are also raised bumps, I wouldn't be to concerned about them.

Have you got pictures?
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

DudeW
Beginner
Beginner

Postby DudeW » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:10 pm

Here's pic of mud fever, took over an hour with 2 vets to figure it out, caused by standing in mud, with heat and high insect population, need to remove them from mud, pour on, iodine every day
0 x

Return to “Health & Nutrition”