Mobile Slaughter of a Beef

The place to start if you are new!
bball
GURU
GURU

Mobile Slaughter of a Beef

Postby bball » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Warning: Graphic material.

This young man goes through a steer in the field quick as a flash. Has quite a nice set up.

https://youtu.be/aA25R9DK31A
0 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. -Anais Nin
Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world. -Dalai Lama

M.Magis
GURU
GURU

Re: Mobile Slaughter of a Beef

Postby M.Magis » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:05 pm

I wish we had that available here. Looks like he’s done that a couple times.
1 x

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:28 pm

That young fella sure know his trade. Very impressive.
0 x

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:21 am

Wonder where this is at? Wish we had one of those around here.
0 x

SDM
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby SDM » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:51 am

Had a Washington tag on the truck I believe.
0 x

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:27 am

How do you age it this way?

The young man has skills.

I wish we had it here too. I think this is rare. I'd buy the setup if I could find a guy like this to work it. Would it be USDA inspected?
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:40 am

That guy has did that a few times to be that good and has the best set-up I ever seen for a mobile truck.
1 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:53 am

This made me go looking...

What began as a project in 2002 to help a Farmers Cooperative in San Juan County achieve its goal to process all its livestock, resulted in the first USDA approved Mobile Slaughter Trailer. Since then it has grown into a wide product offering by TriVan Truck Body that is helping farmers all over North America.

https://www.trivan.com/mobile-processing-unit/
1 x
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:57 am

And this..

http://mobilemeat.wpengine.com/

THE SCOOP: Callicrate Cattle Company received its new custom-built meat processing unit last month. “This is a milestone. It’s a state-of-the-art design,” says Ranch Foods Direct owner Mike Callicrate.

THE BACKSTORY: In 2011, Mike’s ranch began processing on-site with a demonstration trailer provided by the Socially Responsible Ag Project. Construction on a new unit started soon after. It contains many revolutionary features, including a hide puller and a section of the processing rail that rotates, making carcass splitting easier. “There’s also lots of interior lighting and two scales measure both live and hot carcass weights.” The trailer has been extended five feet to accommodate a carcass quartering section outside of the cooler and to provide a tight docking seal for loading into the transport trailer. The carcass cooling section is rearranged to be more efficient. A second hoist on the outside of the trailer allows a staging area for hanging up the next animal in line. “With four people, we will be able to slaughter 20 head a day,” he says. “Water use of 32 gallons per head will continue to improve; at the big packing facilities, it’s around 730.”
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:04 am

Pretty slick right there.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:05 am

my guy here is almost exactly the same cept those guts go into a plastic drum as he does that part hanging up ......he doesn't leave anything but a wet spot.....that boy needs to get him a chainmail glove for that holding hand...someday be nice wish he had.....does a nice job tho...dying breed right there
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:06 am

hd that mobile meat trlr aint killing for 7 bucks and cut and wrapping at 50/lb either I bet
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Postby ohiosteve » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:09 am

That is impressive. It takes me and my neighbor half of a day to do what he did in 20 minutes, of course we take a lot more beer breaks.
1 x
The truest of warriors is often overlooked.

NonTypicalCPA
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby NonTypicalCPA » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:40 am

Similar to butchering a deer........sort of, lol. A hide puller would speed up the process even more for him if he had one. I've used the bucket of my front end loader and tie off to a tree of the hitch on my truck
0 x

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:34 am

HDRider wrote:How do you age it this way?

The young man has skills.

I wish we had it here too. I think this is rare. I'd buy the setup if I could find a guy like this to work it. Would it be USDA inspected?

I have had several steers done just like that, yes he had Washington plates, they are all over Oregon and Washington, probably more areas as well. The truck is simply a mobile slaughter truck, it I said refrigerated and simply haul the quarters back to the facility where the quarters are hung for you selected aging period. Then they cut and wrap it to your specifications, freeze the packages and done. Most are not USDA, only means you cannot resell the meat, you can however sell a private party a partial of a live animal, i.e. Quarter beef on the hoof. My guy did it a little different, but it I sure basically the same. He will take the heart, tail, tongue and liver ask me I want any of those organs. If not he will keep the superstars in the truck to resell, same for the hide and hooves and head. The only thing I'm left with is stomach contents, he takes everything except undigested food.
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

Return to “Beginners Board”