stockers on grass

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Hello all. Somewhere around mid february I buy twenty or so calves 300-400 lbs. I feed nothing but hay which I always have a surplus of and then run them on pasture which also is a surplus. Average gain is 1.75lbs. What im intrested in is someone doing something similar only supplementing with grain.That can tell me from experince if the increased daily gain out weights the expense and what there gains are? I buy large no.1 and 2 about 50% steers 50% heifers
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":2lp1fhc8 said:
: Hello all. Somewhere around mid february I buy twenty or so calves 300-400 lbs. I feed nothing but hay which I always have a surplus of and then run them on pasture which also is a surplus. Average gain is 1.75lbs. What im intrested in is someone doing something similar only supplementing with grain.That can tell me from experince if the increased daily gain out weights the expense and what there gains are? I buy large no.1 and 2 about 50% steers 50% heifers<p><br>
<br>

[email protected]

At the moment I can't recall the name of the product, but purina makes a creep feed in a pellet form that has an ingredient that helps calves digest and utilize grass. As you know, 300# calves digestive system can't digest the same as their mothers can.
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts