The place to start if you are new!
Florida cowgirl
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Newbie

Postby Florida cowgirl » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:29 pm

dieselbeef wrote:it was posted with the sale sheets I get emailed to me

Ok
Don't be offended about where I was located but I had a VERY bad experience but I did send you my location.

Florida cowgirl
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Florida cowgirl » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:37 pm

[

if you load off the cow..wean on the trlr deal...do it the day of the sale to avoid shrink...or else wean and hold that calf for 120 days after separation to regain size and weight

this was the owner of quincy cattle company that gave the class

maximum value is a large frame castrated calf at least 120 days off the cow... typically and 8-9 mo old calf.

"Diesel I am confused about the 120 days off the Cow" How do you separate the cow/calf. Do you feed him or just let the grass put the weight on him?

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:53 pm

they need to be separated. if feed is cheap enough it will work for ya. increased age and bone weight .

but if you cannot keep your inputs low enough on the feed it may not be cost effective. theyre gonna have shrink even if they hit the scale the day after weaning.. if ya can make it pay by keeping your costs low itll work. I can do it with citrus pellets because I get them cheap enough. I expect some can do it just on grass but that's a product of genetics mostly
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

Return to “Beginners Board”