Hypothetical financial question

The place to start if you are new!
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Hypothetical financial question

Postby TexasBred » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:26 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:
TexasBred wrote:Returns like that in that period of time would be about a 52% +/- annual yield.

I've got my fingers crossed. My year 2025 fund and my GIC fund aren't doing very well. But they're safe.

Sounds good. ;-)
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

midTN_Brangusman
Rancher
Rancher

Postby midTN_Brangusman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:33 pm

What did you decide to do RM?

I work fulltime and have a local retired man that goes to a couple sales for me during the week and buys for me. He doesn't charge much because honestly he enjoys it. Sure it makes for some long days and weekends at times but when you sell a load its good side money.

I have not had good luck with order buyers. In my area, they all seem to be in cahoots. Maybe its just my paranoia :lol:
I could not ever see myself quitting my day job unless I averaged well over 100k per year "profit" in cattle.
0 x

RanchMan90
GURU
GURU

Postby RanchMan90 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:41 pm

midTN_Brangusman wrote:What did you decide to do RM?

I work fulltime and have a local retired man that goes to a couple sales for me during the week and buys for me. He doesn't charge much because honestly he enjoys it. Sure it makes for some long days and weekends at times but when you sell a load its good side money.

I have not had good luck with order buyers. In my area, they all seem to be in cahoots. Maybe its just my paranoia :lol:
I could not ever see myself quitting my day job unless I averaged well over 100k per year "profit" in cattle.

Keepin the ol 9-5, it's too easy of work to leave it. Part time hired help has taken a burden off my shoulders. I still do the daily feeding and doctoring in the evenings. I like to buy my own cattle also but my buyer saves me $100 a head at Eastern and southeast sales. That goes a long way to pay hired help. Delegating has been a win so far. :D
0 x
The secret to getting ahead is getting started ~ Mark Twain

midTN_Brangusman
Rancher
Rancher

Postby midTN_Brangusman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:45 pm

quote]
Keepin the ol 9-5, it's too easy of work to leave it. Part time hired help has taken a burden off my shoulders. I still do the daily feeding and doctoring in the evenings. I like to buy my own cattle also but my buyer saves me $100 a head at Eastern and southeast sales. That goes a long way to pay hired help. Delegating has been a win so far. :D[/quote]

Cant say I blame you there, glad to hear things are going well! Are you buying breds or stockers?
0 x

RanchMan90
GURU
GURU

Postby RanchMan90 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:47 pm

Stocker heifers are my niche right now. It's always changing though.
0 x
The secret to getting ahead is getting started ~ Mark Twain

midTN_Brangusman
Rancher
Rancher

Postby midTN_Brangusman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:00 pm

RanchMan90 wrote:Stocker heifers are my niche right now. It's always changing though.

I heard that!
0 x

Return to “Beginners Board”