Does anybody balance their checkbook anymore?

The place to start if you are new!
Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Re: Does anybody balance their checkbook anymore?

Postby Brute 23 » Wed May 03, 2017 4:57 pm

RanchMan90 wrote:
Nesikep wrote:I think the better question would be "Who even uses CHEQUES anymore?"

I write about 2 or 3 a year.. most everything else is on credit card paid off monthly... wrote 1 cheque last weekend at the auction, will write one for seed soon (3% surcharge on CC purchase there).

Anything other than hard cash transactions are tracked, so it doesn't matter how you pay other than cash, "it" knows about it.

I just use them at auctions and to pay order buyers. Its all my customers pay me with. Makes it especially tricky when banks put a hold on checks over $5000 for a week, I have to work around that most weeks too.

That is where a Bank Wire really pays off, on the large amounts. My brother and I learned that the hard way trying to buy some thing one time. We Wire every thing now. Same thing with money at the ranch for large purchases... Wire it to the working act and its ready to go.

Some banks are just goofy about the check holds. I have accounts at several different banks and I can write a check from one bank to the other and it takes up to 3 days but I write it from the one, to the other and they horror it immediately. Makes me want to close the account with the one that takes 3 days.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

bbirder
Rancher
Rancher

Postby bbirder » Wed May 03, 2017 6:48 pm

callmefence wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:If your money is in a bank... it's tracked... and can be hacked. Whether you bank online or not has zero effect on any thing.

That's why you put it under fence post.
I just wish I could remember which ones...shoulda put a map t in the computer I guess.

No problem fence, just do a "wire" transfer. :hide:
0 x
"A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years. A bad climbing rope will last you a lifetime."

snoopdog
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby snoopdog » Wed May 03, 2017 7:05 pm

Idon't but my sweet and lovely does to the penny.
0 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

gizmom
GURU
GURU

Postby gizmom » Wed May 03, 2017 8:27 pm

yes the personal account, the farm account and the company account reconciled to the penny monthly. I keep a running balance of each in my head daily. No freaking wonder my memory is shot, my pea brain has reached the limits of its ability.

gizmom
0 x
Respect give it to get it!

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Wed May 03, 2017 8:55 pm

I'm starting to use Paypal more now.. handy for international stuff.. Sold an oil pan and some tractor knicknacks to a fellow in Australia, paypal worked well, had the money in minutes
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Return to “Beginners Board”