pictures of some of my ''ol'' culls

The place to start if you are new!
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Re: pictures of some of my ''ol'' culls

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri May 12, 2017 7:38 pm

Cept they all got that bad Brimmer blood in them.
0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Fri May 12, 2017 7:39 pm

RanchMan90 wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:That high horned gray brimmer girl looks my first cattle. They could live off barb wire and briars and raise a healthy calf.

The journey has taken me here

Looking good. Black Herefords? :lol2: jk

:lol2: :lol2:
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Fri May 12, 2017 7:40 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:Cept they all got that bad Brimmer blood in them.

:lol2:
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

BrandX
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby BrandX » Sun May 14, 2017 6:52 pm

hello neighbor. we are now over in Okemah. maybe one day we will meet at the sale in bristow.
0 x

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Mon May 15, 2017 10:26 am

I agree that they don't have to be fancy if they raise up a nice calf that grows and they don't cost you an arm and a leg to get it there. We have some really "plain jane" and some sad looking cows that will wean a nice calf, get bred back and never give us a minutes trouble. I bought a few for nearly cull price that were supposed to be there for that year, and they stayed around for years just quietly dropping a calf and going about their business. We still have a few that are down to gums but if they hold their condition, and breed back, they stay. Some we will supplement a little grain in the winter if they are in the "grandma group" but they have earned that spot by making us money for years. We have kept heifers out of these plain old cows, and they continue the legacy.... We do use good bulls, not all registered, but have kept a few from our own cows now as it seems they are adapted to our way of doing stuff and we are getting some nice calves out of them. I do a little AI when they are at places where there are facilities but not much in the past couple of years.
We don't have any with "ear" blood in them as they will get hit really hard at the sales, but have a couple that have some longhorn and the calves do okay. Also have some with dairy and they get hurt a bit but by the third generation it mostly just shows up in increased milk and a bigger calf.
Your cows look pretty nice.
0 x

Return to “Beginners Board”