Hard to explain

The place to start if you are new!
Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Hard to explain

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Wed May 31, 2017 9:12 pm

Sometimes, when I read a topic & post a comment, then look above my comment, there will be comments that weren't there before I posted - that are time stamped long before my post.
I will read the topic to the last post, the BOX for a comment is next, so I type a comment.
This has happened several times. I don't always think to look above my comment. Or, I get notice of someone else making a comment and when I click on it & read it, it won't make any sense to me. When I go UP and find my post, then I will find posts I had not read above mine. Anyone else have this happen???
0 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Hard to explain

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed May 31, 2017 9:15 pm

You just made me dizzy.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed May 31, 2017 9:21 pm

Just stop reading and post. No one else reads so why should you. :cowboy:

:D Yes. I have had that happen. I have assumed it is sometimes just loading as you scroll above. Not sure.
0 x

Cross-7
GURU
GURU

Postby Cross-7 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:41 pm

Jeanne - Simme Valley wrote:Sometimes, when I read a topic & post a comment, then look above my comment, there will be comments that weren't there before I posted - that are time stamped long before my post.
I will read the topic to the last post, the BOX for a comment is next, so I type a comment.
This has happened several times. I don't always think to look above my comment. Or, I get notice of someone else making a comment and when I click on it & read it, it won't make any sense to me. When I go UP and find my post, then I will find posts I had not read above mine. Anyone else have this happen???

Could be others are posting at the same time you are and they post sooner than you do.
If there is specific post you want to reply to click the. " In the top right hand corner
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Wed May 31, 2017 11:23 pm

I dunno, therefore, Aliens. Time warp aliens.

(used that 2nd word just to irritate someone)
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Wed May 31, 2017 11:30 pm

It sounds like there are posts on subsequent pages from the one you are responding to. The only way to be sure is to look at the bottom right and see if there are other page numbers that haven;t been highlighted
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:28 am

Thanks. Dun, I will try to pay attention to that. Some of the posts were hours before mine.
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:07 am

Dun is correct your not on last page.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:09 am

If someone post while your posting your message will have to be submitted again
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:51 am

Bright Raven wrote:Just stop reading and post. No one else reads so why should you. :cowboy:
:D Yes. I have had that happen. I have assumed it is sometimes just loading as you scroll above. Not sure.

What annoys me is getting off topic. There's a good discussion going, you come back to it, and one person is chasing chickens while another is at a football game. What happened to the calf?

So you are responding to a reply made an hour ago, and you scroll forward two pages and no one is talking about the subject matter any more.

That's when you stop reading.

Jeanne I read your posts. Just keep posting. Bright Raven I read this one too!! :cboy:
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:00 am

backhoeboogie wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:Just stop reading and post. No one else reads so why should you. :cowboy:

What annoys me is getting off topic. There's a good discussion going, you come back to it, and one person is chasing chickens while another is at a football game. What happened to the calf?

So you are responding to a reply made an hour ago, and you scroll forward two pages and no one is talking about the subject matter any more.

Jeanne I read your posts. Just keep posting. Bright Raven I read this one too!! :cboy:

I saw a chicken with a football this morning on the way to work.
0 x

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:16 am

yeah, I think there is a little glitch once in a while and I have not gotten to the last page. When I see "this comment box", I "assume" I'm at the end of the posts. So, we all know what "assuming" can lead to!!! I will check the page numbers. Thanks all
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:56 am

M-5 wrote:
backhoeboogie wrote:

I saw a chicken with a football this morning on the way to work.

Are you sure it wasn;t a monkey and football
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:14 am

We really need a "like" button!!!
0 x