Dumbest mistake youve made

The place to start if you are new!
herofan
GURU
GURU

Re: Dumbest mistake youve made

Postby herofan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:04 pm

My brother sharpened the blades on the hay mower, and I ran into a metal fence post on the first round. That was a winner!
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:48 pm

dun wrote:It would be easier to come up with a top 100 instead of just the 1 biggest

Got that right.
Seems each decade brings new stupid taxes we should have outgrown.
0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:51 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Nesikep wrote:I kept a few heifers as well in those years, but I also kept my culls, and by some stroke of luck, I sold them all right on the week of peak prices.. Got more for my PB bull than I paid for him 5 years earlier ($3100!!).. cull cows got about $1.40/lb that week, and my most awful looking dink calf got $3.75 /lb for 385 lbs.. that sure made up for the retained heifers!

It might of made you feel better about keeping the high priced retained heifers, but you can't ever make up for lost money.

If the heifers turned into good cows it's still a good investment, if they didn't them it's more like adding insult to injury
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:01 pm

Nesikep wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
Nesikep wrote:I kept a few heifers as well in those years, but I also kept my culls, and by some stroke of luck, I sold them all right on the week of peak prices.. Got more for my PB bull than I paid for him 5 years earlier ($3100!!).. cull cows got about $1.40/lb that week, and my most awful looking dink calf got $3.75 /lb for 385 lbs.. that sure made up for the retained heifers!

It might of made you feel better about keeping the high priced retained heifers, but you can't ever make up for lost money.

If the heifers turned into good cows it's still a good investment, if they didn't them it's more like adding insult to injury
that's the gambling part..but not like throwing seeds in the ground and praying for rain..
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Return to “Beginners Board”