New Barn Questions

The place to start if you are new!
JBowen
Beginner
Beginner

Re: New Barn Questions

Postby JBowen » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:57 pm

I really appreciate all the information you have all provided me with.

I am going to hire someone to find out how I can provide the ventilation I need. I am also going groove the floor of the alleys in the direction of the flow when I flush (Don't want anything slowing down the flow during the flush) and then still use my rubberized coating on the whole floor and make it thicker in the pens and in the stalls. I have also found I can put a thermometer in the floor to just heat enough to prevent Ice from sticking and building up. I intend to be able to heat floors in certain places better. I also intend to flush all alley ways twice a day and intend to "pick the pack" and clean the stalls that are being used before each flush. I also want to slope everything so all wet waste will drain. and less bedding will hold less moisture (At least that was the plan, still trying to see if I can make it work). I also know most of the old chicken houses I was in did not drain and left waste until it was cleaned when the chickens were gone.

I really appreciate all the help you are all giving me. It is giving me a lot of things to think about and work out.
0 x

talltimber
GURU
GURU

Postby talltimber » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:13 pm

Some of you pricks sure are judgemental of someone you don't know.

Thank you for you and your wife's service, J.
1 x
If you cross the river before, leave a good horse on this side.

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:20 am

talltimber wrote:Some of you pricks sure are judgemental of someone you don't know.

Thank you for you and your wife's service, J.

They just have "Foot in the mouth disease"

Ken
0 x

Franke
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Franke » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Best of luck! Please take pictures once everything is completed. I would love to see them.
0 x

Return to “Beginners Board”