List of Schools for Cattle Ranching?

The place to start if you are new!
Gators Rule
Rancher
Rancher

Re: List of Schools for Cattle Ranching?

Postby Gators Rule » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:13 am

You appear to be from Florida, so I would suggest joining your county’s chapter of the Florida Cattlemans Association, go to the nearest sale barn, and become a fixture at one of your local feedstores. Visit with your county’s IFAS office, and your county’s ag Agent. Make friends and network among them. It won’t be hard to figure out who knows what they’re talking about.
0 x

RScott
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: List of Schools for Cattle Ranching?

Postby RScott » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:41 am

Txpiney wrote:The Texas A&M beef short course is probably going to be the what you're looking for. I've not been to it, but have heard nothing but good things about it. I've only been running cows for almost 8 years now. I have learned A LOT just from this site. If you can think of anything cattle related, it's been discussed hear more than once.

I'll second this. It's in August each year and events spread over three days. I attended as we were getting started and found it invaluable. In addition to the sessions you choose to attend over the period, you receive a copy of all the presentations and handouts from the whole event. It was an hour drive for me, but I met folks from all over the country and would recommend it as an event worth making the trip to.
0 x

Return to “Beginners Board”