Problem with bottle calf! NEED HELP!

The place to start if you are new!
colby_010
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Problem with bottle calf! NEED HELP!

Postby colby_010 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:58 pm

Thanks everyone for the input. Rectal temp today was 102.8 so not really running a fever. I talked to another vet and he said it sounds gastrointestinal related and not navel infection. I stopped the antibiotics and started Probios yesterday afternoon and will stay on it since I probably sterilized his stomach. Gonna try water and electrolytes for 2 days with some Kao-pectate mixed with it. Then a few days with half of the normal milk-replacer. I will update his status when I can. Thanks again.
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Problem with bottle calf! NEED HELP!

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:40 pm

colby_010 wrote:Thanks everyone for the input. Rectal temp today was 102.8 so not really running a fever. I talked to another vet and he said it sounds gastrointestinal related and not navel infection. I stopped the antibiotics and started Probios yesterday afternoon and will stay on it since I probably sterilized his stomach. Gonna try water and electrolytes for 2 days with some Kao-pectate mixed with it. Then a few days with half of the normal milk-replacer. I will update his status when I can. Thanks again.

Good luck with it....
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Return to “Beginners Board”